The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Lowki said:

Time will tell of course, but to me this seems to make a lot of sense. It fits the hints they gave so far. It speeds up painting an army, it is about contrast, and you could call it revolutionary to some extent (at least it is something new.) I find it more likely than i.e. a branded airbrush or any of the other theories going around.  It is easy to imagine how they further explore the possibilities after Nighaunt gloom and hexwraith flame, which, I think, were a success and a great addition.

Yeah, initial teaser was pretty wide open, but the "contrast" one narrows it down a lot. A new line of washes and/or technical paints does seem like the safest best now. If that is the case, I wonder if they'll be designed to all go over a white/light grey base and the color is in the wash/technical paint, or if they'll be designed to go over different base colors and simply provide more contrast than current washes when over a base color.

I received my White Dwarf issue and it explains most of what is in Forbidden Power:

• New scenery (Shattered Temple, Timeworn Ruins, and possibly more)
  • New Endless Spells (no mention of what they are exactly, or any pictures)
  • A "narrative book telling the story of the Siege of Lethis" where Nagash sends the Nighthaunts to retreive whatever is in the Stormvault the "Midnight Tomb", which has something to do with an old ally of Nagash. I guess that's a new campaign book, not a novel.
  • There more "new rules". They're mentioned in the Battle report, but the only new rules that are clear, apart from they custom Battle plan they used, are rules for neutral monsters (Wild Troggoths in this case) who attack both players. 

They talk about Forbidden Power as if had been out for a month, and some of those pages are up on the GW website in the preview of May issue of White Dwarf, so we can be pretty much sure that it will be revealed tonight and go on pre-order either next week or the one after that. I guess they won't release it at the same time as the Sylvaneth book, but who knows...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/2/2019 at 3:35 PM, Double Misfire said:

herp derp

73061_NagaNightlurkerWEB.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Full disclaimer:

I've never played Privateer Press stuff, but even I was struck by how much the new Chinese Sylvaneth thing looked like their not!Tyranids. A Warmachine playing friend pointed me in the direction of this mini

75016_DahliaHallyrAndSkarath_WEB.jpg

3 hours ago, xking said:

So what was the reveal? Paint?

Probably got another couple of hours to wait, it's only 4:30pm here at the time of posting this. My guess is it actually will be the paint though.

Edited by Dirtnaps

6 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

• There more "new rules". They're mentioned in the Battle report, but the only new rules that are clear, apart from they custom Battle plan they used, are rules for neutral monsters (Wild Troggoths in this case) who attack both players. 

Interesting. That sounds like a way to tone down the realm rules of Ghur, which at the moment is rather extreme (and expensive).

• Like 1

It’s been an absolute blast today at the Australian Championship Finals!

Come down at 6:30pm to check out the very first Australia Warhammer Preview with Warhammer Community’s Dom Murray!

if I'm not mistaken it's in an hour and a half

44 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Probably got another couple of hours to wait, it's only 4:30pm here at the time of posting this. My guess is it actually will be the paint though.

Whatever 'contrast' is, its being revealed at warhammer fest on the 11th May

3 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

If you look carefully the background,  are they the new trees?

SylvanethRange-2019_05_04-LPMulticol-All

Good catch, didn't even notice that. They look way more functional than the current woods if that is what's replacing them.

Edited by Dirtnaps

5 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

1891172448_Bildschirmfoto2019-05-04um11_25_24.png.d0575bf5289479382d926d78ac3c6b3c.png

Looks like Forbidden Powers will introduce a mercenary system! Fitting for Fyreslayers, but the question is, who will join them? Will every faction be available as mercenaries or only specific armies? 

I don't understand that. Will Fyreslayers be as mercenaries??? Will every army able to have mercenaries?? from differente factions or aliances?????

Mercenaries sounds - risky balance wise. 

Grant alliances already allow you to take LOADS of allies within each alliance for most armies. Opening it up to all factions sounds like a risky thing, getting back to those earlier days of AoS when it was a motley. Then again GW has been good with keeping a lid on souping within AoS thus far. It might also be that the mercenaries is built into Forbidden Powers as a feature of that campaign rather than an outright addition to Matched Play systems as a default component. 

Though if its like Malign Sorcery I'm sure GW's intention is for it to be a default option - ergo its optional but most places use it. It's worked well enough that Endless Spells are now pretty much accepted most places. 

I guess my concern is that if players want to run double armies form any alliance they can at any point do that in casual play. Even Tournaments have doubles games where you can take any two armies and the like. So part of me just doesn't see the "need" to force this feature as a possibility into every single game. Esp as it can mess very heavily with the balance. 

Will have to wait and see

Otherwise fantastic news! The new lion beasty looks outstanding and the new tribe very chaos and wild. Sounds like GW is going to tease those Tribes at us for a while until Warcry comes out. The new terrain for AoS also looks fantastic and its great to see GW pushing forward there after all the great terrain they've been releasing for 40K. This year is certainly a powerful year for AoS!

The 40K news is good too - a transport and new model for a faction that needs one; and the new Chaos Knight kit should prove very popular (and weakens my resolve once more with all the great techno-monster-beasts they are doing for Chaos)

• Like 1

If mercenaries eat into your Allies points, I don't think it will be too bad.

I do hope it's restricted to certain Battletomes though, rather than "take any GA and count them as mercenaries." Fyreslayers or Ogres would be fine, since there's a precedent for that, but not so much Stormcast taking pennies to help Chaos.

Edited by Clan's Cynic