The Rumour Thread

Even though I have a goblin army and no tree people, I think I like the Syvaneth guy a lot more than the new warboss. I'm not a huge fan of the overly dynamic posing of GW models of late or of the "off the ground, but sort of touchings something (at least there's no modeled smoke, water or "magic" those are especially bad). I'd definitely take the new warboss over the old fine cast version, but I think I still prefer the ForgeWorld version.

Man I hope Waycry lets us pick warband from a ton of different factions. No way Im starting a Gloomspite army, but would make a warband without thinking twice. 

Same goes for FEC, Ironjawz, Khorne, Deathrattle, Deadwalkers and Nighthaunts. Never mind new miniatures, just make the rules for them.

Edited by Greasygeek

23 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Think their gonna ve new rules for the tree revenants? Assuming Sylvaneth Battletome will be up next.

If there is one Sylvaneth unit I wish them to fix, it's the Tree-Revenant. It's not durable, nor does it hit hard. It dies as soon as it reaches combat. It jas great skills and they can keep it fragile but increase its dmg to 2 per model or fix its to hit and to wound. 

As for the box - I already have 10 TR and don't think I need more but I always welcome more Kurnoth Hunters (have 9). New hero for Sylvaneth looks cool. Not super cool but I will add him gladly to my force of killer trees. 

I was already interested in Gloomspite Gitz especially in the squig models so this is just perfect. I'm gonna pre-order the box. It would be even better if it came together with a new Sylvaneth battletome release. 

The box is great what is actually a big issue as I simply can´t store any more army but it would be such an easy way to start the Gloomspite Gits, especially as I have 2 packs Fellwater Troggoth lying around which I really really want to build very badly :/ I guess I have to sell some stuff soon.

interesting thing to note, the Arch-revenant model has a Halberd, but the picture inside the Looncurse has it wielding a sword. maybe their finally adding weapon options back to hero units, since the Loonboss on Cave squig also has two weapon option on the current warscroll.

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

interesting thing to note, the Arch-revenant model has a Halberd, but the picture inside the Looncurse has it wielding a sword. maybe their finally adding weapon options back to hero units, since the Loonboss on Cave squig also has two weapon option on the current warscroll.

Where are you seeing the sword?

23 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Certainly looks like it.

So it’s possible that it’s actually the insect clinging on its back and providing flight for him.

pretty cool nature symbiotic relationship if that’s true.

For me it does not look like it. I  think now that it'd be more likely the Sylvaneth endless spells

2 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Even though I have a goblin army and no tree people, I think I like the Syvaneth guy a lot more than the new warboss. I'm not a huge fan of the overly dynamic posing of GW models of late or of the "off the ground, but sort of touchings something (at least there's no modeled smoke, water or "magic" those are especially bad). I'd definitely take the new warboss over the old fine cast version, but I think I still prefer the ForgeWorld version.

I agree. The forgeworld one is cooler.

• Confused 1

On 4/27/2019 at 12:40 PM, swarmofseals said:

I'm really stoked for this boxed set. This is full-on speculation, but my semi-realistic wishlist for the contents would be:

Sylvaneth Hero

2x5 Revenants

1x3 Kurnoths

vs.

Goblin Hero (probably loonboss on squig)

10 Hoppers/Bounders

12 Squig Herd

20 Grots

Wow, I was almost correct on this one XD just missed it by a box of grots. Now I just hope that they make revenants actually worth fielding outside of battalion requirements.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1