The Rumour Thread

35 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I don't think I've ever understood GW's marketing practices. From a business point of view, I feel like they're still stuck in the mindset of 1980. But hell, what do I know? THey're making millions of dollars, so must be doing something right. 

Ive taken this gap of AoS releases as a pleasant breather, allowing me some time to actually paint and assemble models, instead of collect more plastic to add to the pile. Hell, I actually had time and finished 3000 points of Soulblights, and not to tabletop level, but to display standards, which made me really really happy. At this rate, if AOs Remains slow, I may actually get to start and make some progress in my corrupted stormcast conversion army i've been steadily acquiring fodder for.  Its going to make such a nice slaves to darkness force when I'm done. All Tzeench flavored with griff hounds, griffons, hippogryffs, converted to chaotic tzeenchy monstrous bird creatures. Yeah a SoD tzeench force will probably suck on the tabletop, but it will look amazing 😁

I mostly just want updated books, 3.0 rules were not kind to many armies. Although if they dropped the coherency change and reinforcement limit the wait might be more tolerable.

I've also been getting a lot of painting done in the meantime though, I've nearly painted 2k points of ogors this month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

Did we get a date for the re-release of Cursed City?  It might make sense for them to throw in the first expansion release at the same time to grab the audience who already owns a copy along with tempting new buyers to double-dip.  That might be the sort of thing they could throw into a preview, though I don't know if they'd put the logo in the promos to keep the surprise, maybe.

This would be really smart!! Double dip with an expansion is a brilliant idea mate!!

Ok folks. If you want to fill the time before the next AoS release you really should read some AoS black library books. The next few months actually have some pretty exciting stuff in that regard. 

I've seen a lot of moaning about the lack of recent AoS content but I'm genuinely excited to read Gothghul Hollow. Anna Stephens' non gw books have reviewed extremely well. We could be in for something special. 

We've got the Harrowdeep collection of Novellas out now, Kragnos in February and Hallowed ground in March. People have been asking for more focus on the era of the beast are here are two novels doing just that. We'll probably have Soulslayer in April. 5 books in 4 months is pretty good going for AoS and I couldn't really keep up with a faster release schedule.

I can also recommend the Soulbound books. Even if you don't want to play the game, they contain a lot of cool lore and art. The city guides are particularly cool. 

Screenshot_20220125-080729.png.6970b6e713930996c801605483b48495.png5LqEQmB6ueIHJebG.jpg.48f28ff29369bc9a100fd1e991abf276.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Ok folks. If you want to fill the time before the next AoS release you really should read some AoS black library books. The next few months actually have some pretty exciting stuff in that regard. 

I've seen a lot of moaning about the lack of recent AoS content but I'm genuinely excited to read Gothghul Hollow. Anna Stephens' non gw books have reviewed extremely well. We could be in for something special. 

We've got the Harrowdeep collection of Novellas out now, Kragnos in February and Hallowed ground in March. People have been asking for more focus on the era of the beast are here are two novels doing just that. We'll probably have Soulslayer in April. 5 books in 4 months is pretty good going for AoS and I couldn't really keep up with a faster release schedule.

I can also recommend the Soulbound books. Even if you don't want to play the game, they contain a lot of cool lore and art. The city guides are particularly cool. 

Screenshot_20220125-080729.png.6970b6e713930996c801605483b48495.png5LqEQmB6ueIHJebG.jpg.48f28ff29369bc9a100fd1e991abf276.jpg

Cannot ****** wait for these books!! Ill post my AOS BL collection when I get in, I'm so excited for these Era or the Beasts books.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EonChao said:

Honestly we're kind of in a similar place to where 40k was at this point after 9th ed launched. By the end of January they'd had Codex Space Marines, Necrons and Death Guard, along with Codex Supplements for Space Wolves, Deathwatch and Blood Angels with the Codex Supplement for Dark Angels releasing about now. So whilst it feels like they had a lot for 40k most of it was just Space Marine bloat (with Death Guard getting 1 new character, a combat patrol and a terrain kit). The Blood Angels and Space Wolves got some rebundled Intercessors and Reivers but no new characters and each of the Codex supplements got Combat Patrols.

So honestly it feels like we're in a reasonable spot compared to 40k last year and just in need of some news.

Hnnn so 7 codex for 40k is the same than 3 for aos? I dont get it

And if you count every teletubi color how same codex when they are diferents is how count every order army as only one same

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Doko said:

Hnnn so 7 codex for 40k is the same than 3 for aos? I dont get it

And if you count every teletubi color how same codex when they are diferents is how count every order army as only one same

But do the Space Marine units not share the same basic profile as one another? Wouldn't that speed up a lot of the time and effort in terms of play-testing and balancing the book? I know certain Space Marine Chapters have more special units like Space Wolves (Playtime is over, Star Fox!) and Black Templar... but aren't most Space Marine tomes essentially supplements to the main book with special rules for your favourite Citadel branded paint colour?

It is part of why I am always surprised that they do not have more of a template for stats in Age of Sigmar. Like 2 wounds on all duardin seems like a pretty simple and obvious change that could be carried across the board. 

39 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

But do the Space Marine units not share the same basic profile as one another? Wouldn't that speed up a lot of the time and effort in terms of play-testing and balancing the book? I know certain Space Marine Chapters have more special units like Space Wolves (Playtime is over, Star Fox!) and Black Templar... but aren't most Space Marine tomes essentially supplements to the main book with special rules for your favourite Citadel branded paint colour?

It is part of why I am always surprised that they do not have more of a template for stats in Age of Sigmar. Like 2 wounds on all duardin seems like a pretty simple and obvious change that could be carried across the board. 

i mean it depends, the main space marine codex has all the interchangeable units but the BIG three chapters (Space Wolves, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels) have the most unique units enough that are separate armies in themselves. i would say those three are more substantial then Black templar even after that release and are playtested as separate armies for the most part

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

Great lost! Richard Strachan has been hitting it out of the park recently too so I'm v excited for Hallowed Ground

• LOVE IT! 1

With dominion, bear in mind that it is mainly sat on shelves at local indy game stores, not GW ones as far as I can see. That means that to us and the FLGS owners its an unsold product. But to GW It was sold to that retailer and they already made their money off of it. 

So long as the product doesn't get returned, they don't care how long it actually takes to get into a customer's hands.

They've made their massive profit, the flagship starter is still in circulation gathering interest for the brand, and even if they could have gotten away with making fewer, or had to pressure third parties into buying lots, I don't think they'd consider that a failure. They've made all the money they wanted too. Like it or not, if they tell their investors that it was a massive success, they consider it a massive success!

Edited by EccentricCircle
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

It's like the classic movie that sells a ton of tickets but still resulted in a loss because it cost too much to make. Did it sell well, if it lost you money?

That is called "Hollywood accounting" and has nothing to do with actual returns on movie investment, it's just shell companies billing the movie and profiting for tax evasion reasons.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Did we get a date for the re-release of Cursed City?  It might make sense for them to throw in the first expansion release at the same time to grab the audience who already owns a copy along with tempting new buyers to double-dip.  That might be the sort of thing they could throw into a preview, though I don't know if they'd put the logo in the promos to keep the surprise, maybe.

In the past, Warhammer Quest had its own logo if they were showing anything for it at a reveal. And if they were doing a surprise one, there’s been a ‘redacted’ logo. So I wouldn’t hold out hope for Cursed City news. 

18 hours ago, pnkdth said:

In addition to soup I can see some armies be straight up absorbed by others, e.g. BoC becoming a part of Slaves to Darkness which becomes an umbrella faction for all non-diety specific chaos factions. Not ideal for purist BoC players but looks like no one at GW wants anything to do with them, as in maybe the project is seen as too great of a risk so they keep pushing it forwards.

Uff, as long as every units keeps its existence I’ll be fine with that 

17 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Something can both sell EXTREMELY well and also be so stupidly overproduced that it still sits on shelves and webstores for months. It definitely happened with Dominion, and I'm still slightly salty I got it for the full 200$

Well, it will very likely have sold better then the upcoming idoneth vs. fyreslayers boxset.

personally I can’t even see that boxset being sold at all.

13 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

What if GW is punishing us for not buying enuff over produced dominion boxes? 🤔

How would that work.

would they stop making new stormcast models.

if that’s the case I’ll happily tale the punishment 😂

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I bloody loved his short story in Thunderstrike and cannot wait to read Hallowed Ground!!

@Chikout currently reading through Dominion.

20220125_104750.jpg

That's a great collection. I live in Japan so I'm all digital or audio but I've bought about 50 AoS books. There are still about 10 I haven't listened to or read. End of Enlightenment is next and I just bought the Direchasm and Warcry anthologies. 

Gloomspite was a recent favourite. I loved how terrifying an enemy the gitz were. 

Edit Nurgle faq is out.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GjHi2Ip94TenkORr.pdf

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

That's a great collection. I live in Japan so I'm all digital or audio but I've bought about 50 AoS books. There are still about 10 I haven't listened to or read. End of Enlightenment is next and I just bought the Direchasm and Warcry anthologies. 

Gloomspite was a recent favourite. I loved how terrifying an enemy the gitz were. 

Edit Nurgle faq is out.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GjHi2Ip94TenkORr.pdf

Gloomspite is one of my favourites as well, really painted the Gits as a terrifying monster from a child's bedtime story, that actually exists and is far more dangerous than they appear!!

14 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

New Rumor Engine today, I think its a moisture vaporator, which is similar to a binary load lifter. So Genestealers or Ad Mech?

image.png.0f6367181d44de9100c5f183e47a6edc.png

Was really hoping for some AOS specific RE today, fingers crossed for next week. Again.

• Like 1