The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

According to the Leaker King we're supposed to see a very sizeable Chaos Space Marine wave before Eldar though, which is why I doubt - even if the revamp is huge - that it's going to be an exclusively Eldar calendar.  

Apparently the leaker king is also the one giving the rumor stuff to the Eldar discord as well so shrug 

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

Rumors can take a long time to happen. All Im trying to say is, even tho it could have non eldar rumors we shouldnt expect non eldar rumors, you know? Just to avoid future dissapointments. I would love non eldar 40k rumors and non 40k rumors to also be present but Im ready for it being just eldars. You know, the whole "lower your expectations" stuff.

What you mean 40k chaos squats as a concurrent chaos dwarf release?

Well, colour me happy.

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Apparently the leaker king is also the one giving the rumor stuff to the Eldar discord as well so shrug 

Man, can't we get some of that rumour mongering here. Here we are stuck trying to divine 4chan posts.
Between Eldar and chaos space marines, rumours albeit very concrete, it sure feels at the moment 40k is sucking up all the oxygen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Everyone is looking at the image in the middle, but what about that gearwork underneath the frame? It looks like Seraphon to me

My interpretation is that their web artist was told, "Make it look like an engine, but Eldar".  So they included the cutouts with gears, because Eldar aren't known for their simple machines.  To the average human reader, though, gears = engines.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

21 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Everyone is looking at the image in the middle, but what about that gearwork underneath the frame? It looks like Seraphon to me

Well it is apparently Old One technology so it wouldn't be surprising if the Old One worshipping Seraphon  had similar looking stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elescapo said:

My interpretation is that their web artist was told, "Make it look like an engine, but Eldar".  So they included the cutouts with gears, because Eldar aren't known for their simple machines.  To the average human reader, though, gears = engines.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Have Eldar ever been shown to use this kind of gear mechanism?

42 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Have Eldar ever been shown to use this kind of gear mechanism?

Tbh, have Seraphon ever been show to use this kind of gear mechanism? Cause I sincerely dont remember that from the artworks Ive seen. It also doesnt help that the whole white shell plus red crystals are VERY eldar

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

is this different than Lizardmen Slann?

Possibly or possibly not. In old school warhammer it was ambivalent. Many folks thought the old world was a world lost in the warp … The Old Ones possibly built the realmgates, so its all connected. 

5 hours ago, novakai said:

What gears?

Are we really scrutinising the background into hoping it something it is not, I swear I seen those wraith bone white pattern, soul gems, infinity circuit doohickey on Eldar before

Its on the wave serpent wings. Looks almost the same imo.

Shaved head + ponytail. Qulathis found some kurnothi friends?

Edited by Iksdee

13 hours ago, PJetski said:

look at the cutouts that you can see the gears through - it's all coffee beans and cups of brew and a pair of oval biscuits.

The silent people are actually starbucks people, or is that Starkin Khoffeegrinds?

12 hours ago, novakai said:

What gears?

Are we really scrutinising the background into hoping it something it is not, I swear I seen those wraith bone white pattern, soul gems, infinity circuit doohickey on Eldar before

The entire border minus the gears is all eldar stuff for sure. 

Anyone else disappointed with age of the beast so  far? I was hoping for a endless spells type box with some generic beasties and some releases for each faction of big stompy monsters!

This slow battletome release cycle kills the excitement for me. Get rid of them! Online rules and fluffy faction tomes linked to the current Age now please.  Model releases are key and this is just so uninteresting atm withall those 40k releases as well. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1