The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

The other one are probably not true except for the boxset to be honest

but I guess we will see if there somehow an OBR release in January but I think  good portion of it is BS anyway

Yep, that makes sense to me.

I'm expecting a NH vs LRL Battlebox or something like that or a Sylvaneth wave 2. Two leaks that comes from the same source of the Red Harvest content a few days before the box was revealed.

We have seen the Evil Whitefang tonight. 🤣

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Nice guess, I guess!

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I’m super suprised that whitefang confirmed that but am very happy if we are getting an Ogor refresh.

@Whitefang no Ogor Refresh 😨 I'm honestly shocked by that. Truly I was hoping for and really believed that Ogors were getting something this Edition. What is the Era of the Beast if not for Destruction!? 

my-disappointment (1).gif

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

@Whitefang no Ogor Refresh 😨 I'm honestly shocked by that. Truly I was hoping for and really believed that Ogors were getting something this Edition. What is the Era of the Beast if not for Destruction!? 

my-disappointment (1).gif

Destruction? No! This is the Era of the Beasts (of Chaos)!

...no, wait...?

I dont know if i want to believe any more silent people rumours. I think those were aimed at the red harvest spidery dudes. Dont think we will see anything similar anytime soon. With the last rumour engine it also seems we were right about something in the ocean/lava picture. Could also be a deepkin dragon.

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Also as much as I want to see the silent people or children of Hashut of the tabletop, I’ve also accepted we may only see them as a Warband in Warhammer Underworlds. 

Anyway 30 sleeps until a possible Christmas Day reveal 😉

I'm so excited for Christmas all around this year. Hoping we still get the Asvent Calendar Rumour Engines as well.

20 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Wasn't the original Ogor rumour a new plastic Butcher? I haven't got my hopes up for anything beyond that.

That was the Rumour yes. I was just hoping that since there is a lot of Resin in the Mawtribes that we would get those minis updated as well. 

Not to mention that like Seraphon a lot of the range is 16 almost 17 years old.

20 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Wasn't the original Ogor rumour a new plastic Butcher? I haven't got my hopes up for anything beyond that.

Going off what the Maggotkin reveal was, it could be this. I’m not too sure what they could do with Ogors as they have some amazing models already and a decent amount of units to choose an army from. Yes obviously I would love to see a big monster/god type model but from a practical point of view, it’s an easy release for GW. Which is a shame as Ogors are ace.

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm so excited for Christmas all around this year. Hoping we still get the Asvent Calendar Rumour Engines as well.

I’m kind of excited but got a lot of work on at moment so not been able to focus on it too much. I’m hoping for a Advent Calendar Rumour Engine as well! 😁

• LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Not to mention that like Seraphon a lot of the range is 16 almost 17 years ol

I find it funny how people always come back to seraphon,

but forget to mentioned all those metal skaven miniatures still being sold, because the plastic or good looking models got discontinued (blood island kit)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Going off what the Maggotkin reveal was, it could be this. I’m not too sure what they could do with Ogors as they have some amazing models already and a decent amount of units to choose an army from. Yes obviously I would love to see a big monster/god type model but from a practical point of view, it’s an easy release for GW. Which is a shame as Ogors are ace.

I suppose Ogors could get an update to all their Finecast stuff. Maneaters, Yhetees, Frost Sabers, Gorgers and most heroes are still in finecast, after all. Their basic troop selection is pretty solid, but they could do with a few more interesting heroes/named characters. Maybe they could get war machines? That kinda fits their style.

• Thanks 1

Ogors mostly need

1. new butcher

2. new slaughtermaster

3. new fire belly 

4. new frostsabres

5. new maneaters

6. new yhetees 

7. new ghorgons 

8. a named character 

that would actually be quite a big release. Hopefully we get it one day. At one point I thought we had heard rumours of a new start collecting for them similar to the Slaves to Darkness one but with all new stuff in it. But maybe that’s not happening.

I have a feeling most of the 2022 focus will be on 40K and 30k. We did really well in 2021 getting lumineth, soulblight, hedonites, stormcast and kruleboyz. 5 huge new range expansions is close to the best year we’ve ever had equally 2018 the launch year for aos2. We had 4 armies in 2019 and I’d assume it will be about the same in 2022.

Basically we got 13 model waves in aos1 and 11 in aos2 (plus a smattering of characters)

Aos1 

1 Stormcast 1 
2 Khorne bloodbound
3 Slaves to darkness 1

4 Fyreslayers
5 Ironjawz
6 Stormcast 1.5
7 Sylvaneth

8 Desciples of tzeentch
9 Stormcast vanguard 2
10 Kharadron overlords

11 Maggotkin of nurgle 
12 Daughters of khaine
13 Idoneth deepkin

Aos2
1 Stormcast 3
2 Nighthaunt 

3 Gloomspite gitz 
4 Hedonites of slaanesh
5 OBR
6 Slaves 2 warcry 

7 lumineth 
8 Sons of Behemat

9 Hedonites 2
10 lumineth 2 
11 soulblight 

Aos3 
1 Stormcast 5
2 Orruk warclans 2

Still to come ? Complete guesses and not rumours

3. Obr wave 2

4. malerion wave 1

5. Lumineth wave 3

6. Chaos dwarves ?

that would leave space for 5 other releases in third ed eg Skaven or seraphon or something new

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I’m kind of excited but got a lot of work on at moment so not been able to focus on it too much. I’m hoping for a Advent Calendar Rumour Engine as well! 😁

Ogors are ace indeed!!

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I find it funny how people always come back to seraphon,

but forget to mentioned all those metal skaven miniatures still being sold, because the plastic or good looking models got discontinued (blood island kit)

Very true I did forget the Great Horned one. My apologies.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I suppose Ogors could get an update to all their Finecast stuff. Maneaters, Yhetees, Frost Sabers, Gorgers and most heroes are still in finecast, after all. Their basic troop selection is pretty solid, but they could do with a few more interesting heroes/named characters. Maybe they could get war machines? That kinda fits their style.

Exactly!! Just make the fine cast to plastic and update the Gorgers and Yehtees to be absolute beasts!!

They could also do with same named Characters such as Globb Glittermaw and Braggoth Varduk for the Gutbusters and Beastclaw Raiders respectively.

8 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Ogors mostly need

1. new butcher

2. new slaughtermaster

3. new fire belly 

4. new frostsabres

5. new maneaters

6. new yhetees 

7. new ghorgons 

8. a named character 

Ogor sized agree on this mate. If the new Butcher rumour is true at least that's a plus, it's a horrible looking mini unfortunately.

• Like 1

I'm kind of glad those rumours are off - didn't feel right to me- more like guessing around a few established rumours. Still hoping for new dwarfs of the non chaos type next year. Although If Squats arrive next year I'll probably be plenty happy [KO kit bashing!]

Hopefully will start to get some hints in the advent rumour engines soon! [and a few reveals over Christmas/new year].

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Idoneth will get more new units than just a single hero. Am I right? I must be right!? 😭
@Whitefang

With Era of the Beast I surely hope they receive a new Sea Beastie!!

26 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I'm kind of glad those rumours are off - didn't feel right to me- more like guessing around a few established rumours. Still hoping for new dwarfs of the non chaos type next year. Although If Squats arrive next year I'll probably be plenty happy [KO kit bashing!]

Hopefully will start to get some hints in the advent rumour engines soon! [and a few reveals over Christmas/new year].

I cant wait for the Advent Rumour Engine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Also as much as I want to see the silent people or children of Hashut of the tabletop, I’ve also accepted we may only see them as a Warband in Warhammer Underworlds. 

Anyway 30 sleeps until a possible Christmas Day reveal 😉

Whilst I don't think Silent People will ever be a thing and I don't believe the current Chaos Dwarf rumours, I do think the latter will happen at some point. They're such an obvious way to expand the Chaos GA, as well as recycle some of that meme/nostalgia factor. 

That said, I'd not be shocked if they arrived as an Underworlds warband long before a full AoS model line.

• Like 3