The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It looks very similar to the venomcrawler's legs and Abaddon the Despoiler's hand so I am guessing something chaos themed. Maybe the new khorne models or the new rumoured chaos knight although it looks too intricate. Then again I have said all the 40k words I know so I am not a good source for such things. Either way it looks like something chaos to me and thus has piqued my interests.

Im not sure its a knight mostly because that claw looks very different from the claws we have right now. I think thats part of the warpsmith tentacles, specifically the flamethrower one on the bottom

Pics to illustrate:

images - 2021-10-19T111724.872.jpeg

images - 2021-10-19T112141.679.jpeg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I think that's a chaos powerclaw with a flammer.

6 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Im not sure its a knight mostly because that claw looks very different from the claws we have right now. I think thats part of the warpsmith tentacles, specifically the flamethrower one on the bottom

Pics to illustrate:

images - 2021-10-19T111724.872.jpeg

images - 2021-10-19T112141.679.jpeg

Thanks, as I confessed in my earlier post most 40k tech and terminology is outside of my knowledge. I love the aesthetic of Mechanicus and Chaos. I have been thinking of making a fallen army using space marines and chaos space marine kit bashes and running it as either Chaos or Imperium with some demon engines or a knight rounding out the 2000 points on either end... but sadly I do not love the lore, history and community around 40k. So instead if I ever did an another army project it would be death rounding out my grand alliances or something Old world (possibly painted in a ghostly ethereal colour scheme to still round out my grand alliances in AOS).

• Like 1

I make some considerations on the Warcry situation:
- If the next box of warcry follows the progression, chaos vs death will await us (1st box chaos vs chaos, 2nd box chaos vs order). And at that point, based on some the rumor engines, I would try to say Nighthaunts.

- Tome of champions 2021 is still missing and will very easily come out together with the new expansion, before the end of the year.
   I think October 30th will be the day when we will have the full reaveal with eventual dates.

- I'm really loving the fact that I want to explore chaos in its most disparate forms, far from the classic concept of "horned helmet and random spikes". Bravo, GW!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Thanks, as I confessed in my earlier post most 40k tech and terminology is outside of my knowledge. I love the aesthetic of Mechanicus and Chaos. I have been thinking of making a fallen army using space marines and chaos space marine kit bashes and running it as either Chaos or Imperium with some demon engines or a knight rounding out the 2000 points on either end... but sadly I do not love the lore, history and community around 40k. So instead if I ever did an another army project it would be death rounding out my grand alliances or something Old world (possibly painted in a ghostly ethereal colour scheme to still round out my grand alliances in AOS).

I know people had a lot of success mixing 40k and AoS with Khorne since the Khorne berzerker minis are somewhat old. If you ever need inspiration I would check that out.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Orbei said:

It's not enough that Chaos steals the Gitz spider theme, they have to steal the bad moon from them too?

Morrslieb: am I a joke to you?

Too bad the Skaven uh, blew it up. Kinda wish someone would acknowledge it in the AoS lore, seeing as it was worshipped by some chaos-aligned groups and even some necromancers/vampires. Guess practically everyone who would care didn't survive the jump into the Mortal Realms, the Beastmen sure wouldn't be happy about it.

Also Tzeentch has been doing the moon thing for a while, too.

14 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

Too bad the Skaven uh, blew it up. Kinda wish someone would acknowledge it in the AoS lore, seeing as it was worshipped by some chaos-aligned groups and even some necromancers/vampires. Guess practically everyone who would care didn't survive the jump into the Mortal Realms, the Beastmen sure wouldn't be happy about it.

The ghost of Morrslieb is still in AoS in the form of Lunaghast, the moon of Shyish. Apparently, the Bad Moon hates it and chased it around the sky to bite a chunk out of it at some point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The ghost of Morrslieb is still in AoS in the form of Lunaghast, the moon of Shyish. Apparently, the Bad Moon hates it and chased it around the sky to bite a chunk out of it at some point.

I have no issues following the metaphysics, lore, timelines or history of the mortal realms... the cosmology on the other hand confuses me beyond belief! 😅

But that tracks with the real world as I was a humanities student that struggled through my required science/math courses. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EntMan said:

Interesting. I think in English common usage "insect" is increasingly used to refer to bugs (or at least bugs with legs) rather than just six legged bugs of a specific type, and as English is an evolving language and changes with usage this new less specific/accurate use will become an official definition. I'm curious if in Polish there is a word specifically for what English speakers would call a (six legged) insect? (Obviously I'm sure Polish bug scientists have a word, but I mean in general usage)

That may be how general language evolves, but not technical language. Insect and arachnid, beetle and spider all have very specific meanings and refer to how those animals fit into a well defined system of classification. Even if it becomes common usage to call spiders "insects" in either English or Polish, it will still be wrong. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

With all the Warbands in the Eightpoints, minor Chaos Gods at play could very well see Malal return. First Malal, then Morghur...

That' won't happen unless wagner and grant have given up the IP.

Trust me none more than I would love to see that happen... you know his greatest champion and all that.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

That may be how general language evolves, but not technical language. Insect and arachnid, beetle and spider all have very specific meanings and refer to how those animals fit into a well defined system of classification. Even if it becomes common usage to call spiders "insects" in either English or Polish, it will still be wrong. 

If it gets a definition in the dictionary as a general bug then linguistically it will be correct, even if scientifically and morally it'll be (as you say) wrong. I never said I approved of the adding of new meanings.

Don't even get me started on the fact that now in the English language "literally" has definitions which mean it can be correctly used to mean either literally or not literally!

(Sorry to distract from the rumours - bring on the fantasy 'nids insectoid Destruction faction)

Edited by EntMan
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Unfortunately that’s a flat no. 

Yeah, I thought not. Your comment just sounded like you meant the spider guys specifically weren't chaos dwarfs but... there's another warband or something along those lines. In that case though, what did you mean? Hmmm...

I don't think Chaos Dwarfs are gonna be snuck into Warcry or Underworlds with little fanfare. I'm pretty sure they're gonna be teased big in their own video way in advance, probably months out with a voice over and a little art tease like they usually do and be a main attraction and not part of another thing.

Here, have some Chaos Dwarves goodness.

Spoiler

1.jpg?token-time=1635897600&token-hash=5

Now that the Chaos Dwarf fandom is pouncing on that distraction, we can come back to the new Warcry boxed set. ;)

TBH, if the terrain we saw some glimpses are part of it, it looks like it's quite big nonetheless. I expect a bit higher than Octavius prices. Best thing for Warcry is certainly having similar releases than for Kill Team ; several themed boxes released more regularly instead of Blood Bowl / Necromunda kind of calendar releases.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Like reptiles that don't include birds. I'd say arthropods would be the best common word for bugs (spiders, scorpions, centipedes and insects, but also crustacians like barnacles).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

With the comment of Chaos Dwarves but their not the opposing faction, I guess they manufactured the terrain? One of the bits in the spider man trailer looks like an exhaust/pipe/furnace thing. 

Spider fella looks bloody amazing i can't wait to see the warband. 

It's more linked to the story of the new boxed set, to me.

Pretty clear its theme is the heart of the Varanite production's industry, that's set deep in the tunnels under the Varanspire since last boxed set. And who says "industry" and "chaos" usually links that with "chaos dwarves". Bet they'll appear more in the background than anything...like those sad Warcry quests suggesting you'll fight great antagonits and turns out you beat them off screen at the end of the third game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarouan said:

Here, have some Chaos Dwarves goodness.

Reveal hidden contents

1.jpg?token-time=1635897600&token-hash=5

Now that the Chaos Dwarf fandom is pouncing on that distraction, we can come back to the new Warcry boxed set. ;)

TBH, if the terrain we saw some glimpses are part of it, it looks like it's quite big nonetheless. I expect a bit higher than Octavius prices. Best thing for Warcry is certainly having similar releases than for Kill Team ; several themed boxes released more regularly instead of Blood Bowl / Necromunda kind of calendar releases.

I laughed at the implication that the Chaos Dwarf fandom is akin to magpies, drawn to new shiny dwarf-shaped obj---they sparkle and shimmer, they shine and delight...I must have them for my nest!

Ahem, back to discussing rumours...

With Whitefang shooting down CDs as part of the set, it closes another door on the hype train demon engine. Then again, all the Chaos Dwarf rumours seem to have been about AoS proper so maybe that was to be expected - but I do believe we'll start to see them a lot more in the background, building up the eventual (yet all too distant!) release.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I laughed at the implication that the Chaos Dwarf fandom is akin to magpies, drawn to new shiny dwarf-shaped obj---they sparkle and shimmer, they shine and delight...I must have them for my nest!

Ahem, back to discussing rumours...

With Whitefang shooting down CDs as part of the set, it closes another door on the hype train demon engine. Then again, all the Chaos Dwarf rumours seem to have been about AoS proper so maybe that was to be expected - but I do believe we'll start to see them a lot more in the background, building up the eventual (yet all too distant!) release.

The good thing about the Chaos Duardin being rumoured and not appearing in boxed games is that being in mainline AOS they wont be a one off such as Kurnothi*.

Meaning that they most likely will be their own Faction and at worst will be a subfaction for Slaves to Darkness.

And even if that's the case look at the Kruelboyz for Warclans, if Chaos Duardin got a Sub Faction or even a full Faction the size of the Kruelboyz release I think you lads would be more than happy!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Oh, I just remembered something about how weird it is, that Polish people seemingly don't differentiate between insects and spiders... Do people in English-speaking countries know that jellyfish are, in fact, not fish?

People know. There has been a push to get people to call jellyfish "sea jellies" and starfish "sea stars" for a while for this reason.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

People know. There has been a push to get people to call jellyfish "sea jellies" and starfish "sea stars" for a while for this reason.

Interesting, I didn't catch that. In Germany a whale would have sometimes been called a 'Walfisch' ('whale-fish') instead of a 'Wal', but that seems to have died out almost completely since the fact that they are mammals has become common knowledge.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Interesting, I didn't catch that. In Germany a whale would have sometimes been called a 'Walfisch' ('whale-fish') instead of a 'Wal', but that seems to have died out almost completely since the fact that they are mammals has become common knowledge.

I'm sorry to tell you but assume that people mostly just say Whale instead of Whalefish in German is simply because it is shorter. While science may have started the change, it mostly adapted due to people being lazy.

17 hours ago, RamsesIII said:

Don’t worry mate the warpstone moon, will always be with the skaven.😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I'm sorry to tell you but assume that people mostly just say Whale instead of Whalefish in German is simply because it is shorter. While science may have started the change, it mostly adapted due to people being lazy.

I would tend to respectfully disagree, but need to look into German linguistics to find evidence. I for my own part remember asking my parents why it said -fish when it wasn't a fish. But that is, of course, just anecdotal. People being lazy just comes across as a rather lazy explanation. 

• Thanks 1