The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Imagine what Warhammer culture would be like if we said "oh great ANOTHER Ork/Orruk nob or boss"

Almost like that, AoS right now has no place for those combat heroes on foot, they are overprized and pointless most of the time. Megaboss on foot, Kruleboy boss on foot, who are going to use these for any serious games? Then for warhammer+ another megaboss on foot, yet nobody uses the already great model out there. 

So yea, ironically it is getting close to that, but only because combat heroes on foot got no place in the game, while there is a desperate need for updates for other Orruk models. Fun at parties, I know ;)

• Like 1

I actually like some of those heroes on foot for warcry and 1000 point games. And while some of them may not be usefull i most of the time have a blast painting those characters. Its way more fun than painting savage orruk number 44 with another 16 to go.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 6

I'd place a lot of money on that KB being just a champion. Vulture apart hes just a raggedy guy with a shield and spear. The bosses/characters are all more egregious in their bossishness.

Maybe hes part of another kit as just another kruelboy but that's all he looks like- a grunt with a pet. 

FWIW while its a cool model in isolation I think the KB closed helmets are very confused aesthetically. I would happily have that guy as a lovne champion among 9 other dudes with obvious orc faces, but this thing of closed helmets and masks removes an awful lot of their racial identity.

Paint that guy with human skin and he would just look like a human warrior with a cool shield.

The number 1 reason though I think hes part of a kit we've already seen is GW dont show new units without milking them for all their worth as hype content beforehand 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/01/feeling-brave-warhammer-horror-returns-for-a-new-season-of-spine-chilling-stories/

Lp9pSzxMGw4vkqDK.jpg

More Order of Azyr-looking characters seem to feature in one of the upcoming Black Library novels. It certainly seems like that is the direction that Dawnbringer Crusades might eventually take. Maybe we are not completely done with Gravelords yet either?

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/01/feeling-brave-warhammer-horror-returns-for-a-new-season-of-spine-chilling-stories/

Lp9pSzxMGw4vkqDK.jpg

More Order of Azyr-looking characters seem to feature in one of the upcoming Black Library novels. It certainly seems like that is the direction that Dawnbringer Crusades might eventually take. Maybe we are not completely done with Gravelords yet either?

That artwork is absolutely gorgeous. 

Su-poib! 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 4:20 AM, sandlemad said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/24/the-rumour-engine-24th-of-august-2021/

New rumour engine looking like someone's bare torso with a necklace of spikes and a big old Khorne amulet.

2VB5alkrn8udJv8i.jpg

Could be  Khaine amulet.

On 8/24/2021 at 5:16 AM, Perturbato said:

Well i have some eldar feeling about it

My guess too

On 8/24/2021 at 5:23 AM, Still-young said:

The metal thing in the bottom left does have an eldar glyph feel but the rest doesn’t feel eldar to me. 

There is a previous Rumour Engine wiht a bloody hand with curved spikes that looks very close to the Avatar also.  It would pair with this for a plastic Avatar.  GW is mostly likely looking for Eldar to be Aspect-themed now (having had a good run on ghost in the shell dudes) and replace more of their aging aspect range.  And what's better than pairing up a new plastic avatar to replace what I assume is a finecast (yeah yeah FW I own one, but that's not core codex) model from what,.. 1992 ish?  

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

I’ve always fancied a unit of these. 

3A4537B1-AEB7-4A3C-85B5-B6CE41FF4C76.jpeg

Seriously! if GW would release a Vampire Coast range alongside updated Tomb Kings, TOW would be off to a great start before they ran out of Kislev bear calvary (which I will be grabbing enough to make a Chicago Bears team out of). On the 40k side, I would love for multipart Gellerpox Infected kits.

If they keep pushing Dawnbringer Crusades into a Bloodborne look (when BB was influenced by Warhammer in the first place), then I'm not sure if I can keep myself from buying at least a few. The Cursed City guy and Dad&Daughter were already so good...

More stuff for SBGL would also be good.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Popisdead said:

Could be  Khaine amulet.

My guess too

There is a previous Rumour Engine wiht a bloody hand with curved spikes that looks very close to the Avatar also.  It would pair with this for a plastic Avatar.  GW is mostly likely looking for Eldar to be Aspect-themed now (having had a good run on ghost in the shell dudes) and replace more of their aging aspect range.  And what's better than pairing up a new plastic avatar to replace what I assume is a finecast (yeah yeah FW I own one, but that's not core codex) model from what,.. 1992 ish?  

I dunno. It would be a pretty big change for the avatar design from cracked lava type entity to just a muscley boy. 

I've been wondering besides Kruelboyz which other Destruction Faction/Subfaction could also be appearing, if there is a second. 

There are 4 Destruction Factions and within them there are, off the top of my head, 10 Subfactions.

Warclans has Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz and Kruelboyz.

Kruelboyz are confirmed for this Season and Bonesplitterz were in the last. If I remember correctly weve already had 2 Ironjawz Warbands.

Gloomspite Gitz has Moonclan, Spiderfang and Troggherd.

Gloomspite hasnt had a Warband in a while, weve had Rippas Snarlfangs which arent part of any subfaction and Mollogs Mob for the Troggherd. Spiderfang could be a safe bet unless they think theres too much green for one season.

Ogor Mawtribes have Gutbusters, Beastclaw Raiders and Firebellies.

Hrothgorn Mantrappers would cover the BCR as an Icebrow Hunter. This being the only Ogor Mawtribes Warband and only new model for the Faction outside of the Tyrant and Mawpot for AOS gives me the feeling that another Warband for the Ogors is likely. 

Id love a Firebelly Warband with a new Shaman and Fire themed Gluttons, though I also think a new Maneater with a pair of Gluttons for Gutbusters would be a perfect addition. Hell 3 Maneaters even!! 

Sons of Behemat I highly doubt will ever get a Warband due to their size, it's almost a guarantee. 

HOWEVER, during Shadespire there was the Shadeglass Gargant as an enemy so there may yet be a chance to get our first single model Warband in the form of an updated named Mancrusher Gargant!!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Gloomspite Gitz has Moonclan, Spiderfang and Troggherd.

Gloomspite hasnt had a Warband in a while, weve had Rippas Snarlfangs which arent part of any subfaction and Mollogs Mob for the Troggherd. Spiderfang could be a safe bet unless they think theres too much green for one season.

I'd love it if they leaned into the weirder aspect, like the half spider shaman from the arachnarok kit or the skulkers from silver tower. Gobbo/spider centaur things. Webshooting trappers. WHU would be perfect to try out some of those without needing full units

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

If they keep pushing Dawnbringer Crusades into a Bloodborne look (when BB was influenced by Warhammer in the first place), then I'm not sure if I can keep myself from buying at least a few. The Cursed City guy and Dad&Daughter were already so good...

More stuff for SBGL would also be good.

Exactly! Bloodbornesque Dawnbringer Crusades would be too hard to resist...

Though.. One minor complaint: if I didn't already know that those are AOS related I would have thought they were Black-Mana-aligned Planeswalker characters from Magic: The Gathering..