The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

A new massive Shaggoth as a centrepiece for BOC would be epic!!

There are only 2 Factions in AOS with Beast in the title, Beasts of Chaos and Beastclaw Raiders. I sure hope at least one is updated during Era of the Beast!!

It's got to happen right!? ... I mean, we all remember the tone of Ork releases during Orktober a few years back right!?

25 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

It's got to happen right!? ... I mean, we all remember the tone of Ork releases during Orktober a few years back right!?

You know, we were talking awhile back about small vs big releases, and a lot of folks thought maybe no BoC because it might be a smaller release coming up due to so many stormcast and kruleboyz coming out. I was wondering if anyone could speak to precedent if it's a split release of some sort, like two waves?

Maybe release the book and a new unit or two now, and then have a second wave that is just replacing existing models next year?  I tend to think they would never release a book with new models that don't exist, but since BoC requires so many resculpts or releases, they theoretically could have a release of just replacing things later. That could, in theory, be the Mino, Doombull, and Jabber that's been mentioned? 

IE: this year, if BoC, a few new kits.  

Next year, the dual box that includes the three resculpts.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Whats the deal with start collecting sets. What are the rumours about those? How soon do they change the contents? How come some of them are really outdated? Is it a way for gw to get rid of overproduced sprues? Also why are the gore gruntas so expensive without the start collecting XD.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

You know, we were talking awhile back about small vs big releases, and a lot of folks thought maybe no BoC because it might be a smaller release coming up due to so many stormcast and kruleboyz coming out. I was wondering if anyone could speak to precedent if it's a split release of some sort, like two waves?

Maybe release the book and a new unit or two now, and then have a second wave that is just replacing existing models next year?  I tend to think they would never release a book with new models that don't exist, but since BoC requires so many resculpts or releases, they theoretically could have a release of just replacing things later. That could, in theory, be the Mino, Doombull, and Jabber that's been mentioned? 

Thoughts?

You may be on to something ... Allthough perhaps a release akin to the sisters of battle would be more appropriate, it's a way of redoing the whole line with constant marketing over a year or two .... 

33 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Whats the deal with start collecting sets. What are the rumours about those? How soon do they change the contents? How come some of them are really outdated? Is it a way for gw to get rid of overproduced sprues? Also why are the gore gruntas so expensive without the start collecting XD.

This is true for Seraphon as well. The Start Collecting that contains the Carnosaue is only $10 more than a Carnosaue and also contains 10 saurus warriors and 8 knights. There’s almost no reason to get the Carnosaue by itself...

Also see DoK - there’s no reason to buy a Cauldron of Blood by itself, when, for less than $20 you get extra 5 Melusai.

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Whats the deal with start collecting sets. What are the rumours about those?

Not a rumour I’ve heard but I’m fairly sure the Stormcast Vanguard Start Collecting set is no longer on the GW UK store. And that’s no longer exists rather than not being available, so I would guess they are repackaging it for the Stormcast release. No idea if this means it will continue as they are or the new set will be similar to the 40K Combat Patrols.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Raviv said:

I have a strong feeling (based on nothing concrete) that BoC are going to be merged into Slaves, and will probably be able to take a mark.

I don't hope so, although it could be another soup tome of course, I just don't think these really fit all that well together. Both lore and rules wise these armies operate vastly different, so I think both armies would be lesser for it. I do still like the coalition rules, if Dragon ogors or Bullgors etc actually became any good, it could be cool to have some god aligned ones in a StD army. maybe I would even convert some Bullgors to Chaos Ogors.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Fyrenn said:

Thoughts?

I don't think GW has ever released new sculpts for old units independent of a battletome/codex/army book release. That, or some interim rulebook or supplement (Howling Banshees and the Blood of the Phoenix battle box). Also, wasn't the rumored BoC dual box debunked? It came from someone who also claimed that Grey Knights would be updated in the new Hexfire box (they weren't).

5 hours ago, Fyrenn said:

Thoughts?

I'd love for this to happen for all Factions in need of an update!! Would be perfect to keep that Factions fan interested in the chances of getting something rather than waiting every 3 years in the hope something drops. 

Though there is also the negative side affect that it creates false hope and expectations. We cannot win!! 

Fingers crossed its BOC with a beastly sized update!! 

Edited by KingBrodd

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

I don't hope so, although it could be another soup tome of course, I just don't think these really fit all that well together. Both lore and rules wise these armies operate vastly different, so I think both armies would be lesser for it. I do still like the coalition rules, if Dragon ogors or Bullgors etc actually became any good, it could be cool to have some god aligned ones in a StD army. maybe I would even convert some Bullgors to Chaos Ogors.

Well, Kruleboyz and Ironjawz operate vastly different from each other as well, similarly to heavily armored Chaos warriors on the one side and and sneaky, ambushy Beastmen on the other. Didn't stop the Delayboyz from being "very much part of the Orruk Warclans". 

Granted, Ironjawz and Kruleboyz have model ranges that are substantially smaller than Slaves and Beasts (to Darkness/of Chaos).

Maybe they want to build STD up to an Undivided Chaos mega tome to counterarct the enormous Stormcast book.

I really doubt  BoC and StD will have an update soon. They are both ( almost) full WHFB native armies and they have both a recent battletome. 

We know already that beastmen can be coalition units in any chaos god army and they take specific keyword. 

My bet for chaos october/november army is either chaos Duardin or Nurgle 3.0 ( where pestigors could show up)

Beastmen appear also in the new old world army ( it is not AoS studio )

6 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I really doubt  BoC and StD will have an update soon. They are both ( almost) full WHFB native armies and they have both a recent battletome. 

We know already that beastmen can be coalition units in any chaos god army and they take specific keyword. 

My bet for chaos october/november army is either chaos Duardin or Nurgle 3.0 ( where pestigors could show up)

Beastmen appear also in the new old world army ( it is not AoS studio )

Nurgle would seem to be the most obvious choice but I doubt Chaos Duardin will appear until late next year if not 2023. This year is far too soon. 

• Like 1

I am shocked and appalled that the General (or technically Battlemage) on griffin and the plushy aren't rated in https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/23/we-rate-gryphs-a-guide-to-the-cutest-and-most-ferocious-stormcast-eternal-companions/

Though the Griffin from CoS has too much taste to associate with Stormcast directly, which may explain their omission.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

New BoC?

Could be, those spikes/teeth hanging on the necklace look a little bit like some of the things hanging on the ghorgon/cygor's chest. It's not the most BoC-unique kind of feature though and you can probably find similar details on a bunch of other minis.

Alternatively it could be something tied to these rumoured new 40k chaos marines, which are supposed to have a heavy cultist/mortal presence. Might even have amulets of the other three chaos gods off screen as well.

• Like 1

Clearly it is Malerion's puka shell necklace!

I would love it if this was a new Khornegor model, I hope like Slaangor though they would do something more interesting than an additional bestial infantry unit. Personally, I hope they Khorne's version of light cavalry and based around Centigors. Then we can hopefully get Pestigors as a chaff unit for Nurgle, that way all the marked Beasts are unique from each other and within their respective god specific armies.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

I don't think GW has ever released new sculpts for old units independent of a battletome/codex/army book release. That, or some interim rulebook or supplement (Howling Banshees and the Blood of the Phoenix battle box). Also, wasn't the rumored BoC dual box debunked? It came from someone who also claimed that Grey Knights would be updated in the new Hexfire box (they weren't).

They did do that in the past, wasnt unusual, but we're talking like 10+ years ago