The Rumour Thread

57 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

At least we have NMM confirmed!! Seems like Kruelboyz Cavlary is almost a shoe in!!

In regards to no Online Preview it's a shame and I'm starting to think we wont get one, at least one with an AOS presence until after the SCE and Kruelboyz tomes are released.

I also believe now that the next Underworlds Season has been delayed until December such as last year.

I'm expecting a Tyranid miniature or something like that. The absence of Whitefang's info discouraged me so much.

1 hour ago, ian0delond said:

I never liked the unit description page. In 8th they felt like a huge filler. Boring, redundant and vague bloat of text, didn't lose much to condensed them to one sentence with the data sheet and only keep them for characters and what to be define. 

Codex space marine is good because they actually do something with the room it gain, but many just reduce without doing anything instead. 

Yet they still cranked the price up £5.

Just now, OkayestDM said:

I hate to be that guy, but isn't it possible that the new model reveal will be for 40k?

It is possible, yes. 

But currently we come closer to Battletome Release for SCE and Warclans and the same rumour source that spoiled Dragon Riders and Dragons told us that there is more on the way for Krulboyz as well. I would doubt GW to show of 40k models when the timeframe for the tomes is getting smaller and they do not release books with new models in it without at least teasing the model before

We know some of the new codices that will feature in their 40k roadmap: orks, Black Templars, and probably Imperial Guard.

We've seen everything that's coming for orks but given that they've teased BT already, saying "oh yeah, they're the codex after next" could be a bit of a damp squib. It doesn't seem impossible that tomorrow's reveal is something like a primarisised Emperor's Champion or Helbrecht or Grimaldus or something like that.

• Like 1

The singular is discouraging. Last week we got AoS and Bloodbowl and in previous weeks we got stuff for AoS and 40k.

If tomorrow's preview isn't Kruleboyz or Stormcast, it means those releases are complete. We will have seen everything there is to see.

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

It is possible, yes. 

But currently we come closer to Battletome Release for SCE and Warclans and the same rumour source that spoiled Dragon Riders and Dragons told us that there is more on the way for Krulboyz as well. I would doubt GW to show of 40k models when the timeframe for the tomes is getting smaller and they do not release books with new models in it without at least teasing the model before

GW showed off a bunch of AoS models, released a new AoS edition, announced the first AoS 3.0 battletomes, showed off more AoS models, then showed off even more AoS models, making a big deal of the dragons, and then released a 40k box set and put ducking kill team on a 2 week preorder before releasing any of that AoS stuff.

Who the 🦆 even knows any more.

• Like 6

I’m going to wager that the Kruelboyz release is going to be very similar to how Slaanesh was handled. There was the initial 3.0 starter set wave of miniatures, which will be followed up by another wave of stuff that fills in some of the roster’s gaps; hopefully it happens within the year. 

18 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

We already know that October will have a Chaos-related release, so that's not a rumour but something confirmed. The question is what exactly, especially since most of Chaos still needs expanded releases.

My guess, Skaven? I don’t think it will be chaos dwarfs, it’s too premature into the edition to announce that sort of unique release. 

15 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Personally, I would really love to see some more Kruleboyz stuff but I fear that we've seen it all. For now.

Me too, and although I really like the design style they went with when making Kruelboyz, I feel that there is a lack of unit diversity. They have a ton of monster units, but no elite infantry or calvary options. If they added the equivalent of an Orruk Brute/Nob, and a cavalry unit that a lot of people are hoping for, I’d be pretty satisfied. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngryPanda said:

Me too, and although I really like the design style they went with when making Kruelboyz, I feel that there is a lack of unit diversity. They have a ton of monster units, but no elite infantry or calvary options. If they added the equivalent of an Orruk Brute/Nob, and a cavalry unit that a lot of people are hoping for, I’d be pretty satisfied. 

I feel like the restricted roster is somewhat thematically appropriate, though. The Kruleboyz are swamp-dwelling ambushers - they need to move quickly and quietly through difficult terrain. Cavalry and elite infantry are poorly suited to both swamps and ambushing.

The whole idea that every force has to include at least one option of every unit type seems terribly outdated to me. Having a limited thematic selection of roles shapes a more unique playstyle, gives the army a better sense of character and grounds them in their own lore.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kadeton said:

I feel like the restricted roster is somewhat thematically appropriate, though. The Kruleboyz are swamp-dwelling ambushers - they need to move quickly and quietly through difficult terrain. Cavalry and elite infantry are poorly suited to both swamps and ambushing.

how are Cavalry poorly suited to ambushing in the slightest?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

Swamp terrain is'nt good for cavalry technically.

Still they could give them another infantry.

I'm more baffled at the idea that ironjawz and Bonesplitterz are left with less units than the newcomers.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

They're noisy, and bad at concealing themselves and their trail. You can definitely use cavalry to launch a surprise attack (where you suddenly move troops quickly into a position your enemy thought you couldn't get to) but not an ambush (where you hide troops in a position and your enemy doesn't know they're there until they attack).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You know what's also not good for swamp terrain?! Giant crossbow ballistas made from wood and metal that would make you far too heavy to traverse mucky bogs safely and would also probably just rust and disolve within days. Kruleboyz still have them, and I think that's lovely. 

Cavalry would make sense if the mounts were for example preadtors that know the swamps well and instinctively know how to manuveur it. And I think no one is asking for super heavy brute type combat elite. But some sort of trapper would be cool. 5 Orruks MUS, equipped with traps and maybe dual-wielded hunting knives. Give them some stealthy, ambushy mechanic. Sounds perfectly thematic to me. 

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 12

8 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

If they do get some some sort of cavalry I imagine it'll be on a creature that's adapted to moving through the swamp better than conventional cavalry so ambushes would still be possible, whether that be a smaller type of Gnashtoof or another kind of creature.

Maybe some bog insectoid cavalry that has long legs to traverse swamps...

6 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

You know what's also not good for swamp terrain?! Giant crossbow ballistas made from wood and metal that would make you far too heavy to traverse mucky bogs safely and would also probably just rust and disolve within days. Kruleboyz still have them, and I think that's lovely.

Heh. I feel like that's more a pragmatic response to Stormcast specifically. And those crossbows are definitely "rule of cool" more than anything else - small crossbows can still hold a phenomenal amount of energy in tension, so there's not much reason to make them massive and unwieldy

Cavalry would make sense if the mounts were for example preadtoes that know the swamps well and instinctively know how to manuveur it.

I guess. I think the main point of cavalry is generally to move fast, whereas those sound slow and careful. So is it just about some of the Kruleboyz not having to get their feet wet? Or just because riding stuff is neat, even if it's not very practical?

(If I was designing cavalry for them, I'd go totally the opposite direction - long, narrow stilt-like legs, looking like one of Dali's elephants. Just as impractical, but IMO more fun!)

And I think know one is asking for super heavy brute type combat elite. But some sort of trapper would be cool. 5 Orruks MUS, equipped with traps and maybe dual-wielded hunting knives. Give them some stealthy, ambushy mechanic. Sounds perfectly thematic to me. 

I mean, the post I responded to was asking for a unit akin to Brutes or Nobs, so yeah... at least one person is definitely asking for that. But your idea sounds awesome and I would be totally behind it. Kruleboyz should definitely lean into the skill & cunning approach, not the powerful & heavily armoured - leave that to the Ironjawz.

• Like 3