The Rumour Thread

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Just a reminder - this forum is for everybody. I’ve edited a post as it was offensive and we’ve had some complaints about it. I’m sure you all know it’s okay to not like something or someone without name calling. Please be respectful.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

About people talking about the new orcs, their name is stupid so I go out of my way never to use that. I love the models, but don't respect the opinion that this should be their name.

GW has started to translate their faction names again with the new edition. The differences are interesting, it seems like translators have a good amount of freedom with their translation.

Kruleboyz get a different name in most European languages. Except for French, surprisingly, where they are just les Kruleboyz.

In German, their name is "Moorpirscha", which translates to something like Bogstalkas.

In Spanish, they are called "Mandamaloz", which I think works out to Badlordz.

In Italian, we get "Krudelazzi". I think that translates to Meanjokez? Kind of iffy on that one.

In Japanese, they just get their name phonetically transliterated.

All in all, I think German got the best deal this time around.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

All I need new is some cool lighter flying drake cavalry, with the dracothian guards still being the armored tanks of the extremis chamber (and not just replaced). Then all the new tome got to do is to make it possible to build an all extremis army, with possibly the new dragons or a stardrake general unlocking drakes/dracoths as battleline and we are good to go!

What army do you play? The one where everybody rides dragons with a constant power metal soundtrack in the background of course!

Hopefully we begin getting more info soon, reboxing seems to take place with Stormcast units being unavailable online currently, and we already saw vanguard hunters getting a facelift on their baseline combat efficiency.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Beliman said:

I think that both dragons are good. A bit caroon-ish but still, really good overall. Of course, if your thing is realism, this dragons will not be your cup of tee.

Here are some GW/Citadel dragons heads (I ignored some of the old ones like Galrauch or Engrim Van Hortsmann):

Warhammer_Dragons.jpg.b96656e1b2bf0e5a4ea4272aad45c43c.jpg

High Elf and Dark Elf dragons are simply the best!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

I think Karazai is the default sculpt. The pose is much more natural and pleasing, especially the spine. Screenshot_20210727-115352.png.028fe917801d21ad32ba690af3ab6795.png

The twisted head on Krondys is much more jarring.Screenshot_20210727-115520.png.16f5c59f8f77e777f16be9f292759902.png

I dunno, I agree about Karazai looking better from the front (his arms aren't just dangling there) but Krondys's pose here looks good to me. Not as a naturalistic but has a fine arching of the neck. It's clearly meant to be viewed like this, basically in profile to show off that silhouette. It's stiff but it's the stiff of a deliberate pose being struck, like on a heraldic image of a dragon or a bird of prey.

Edited by sandlemad

I like both. I am just bothered by the owl-eyebrows of Krondys XD.
I hope the head comes with some option, like making the eyebrows scales instead of hair :D

Edit: By the way. These dragons were created by the same sculptor as the new Giant Bats (compare the wings)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

Look, I gotta be honest...if you *don't* joke about GW's Copyrightfriendly Nonsensenames, there's something odd about your sense of humor. I'm 100% sure even the GW employees who name these things themselves laugh about the absurdity of some of the names they come up with. It's almost an overt joke at this point how it's completely motivated by copyright concerns. They don't actually think these names are better than generic, non-copyrightable equivalents, and there's no reason we need to pretend they do.

If someone comes up with an even funnier, goofier name for a model than what GW came up with and it sticks, more power to them.  The GW employees probably get a good giggle out of the best ones, too. Kruleboyz isn't exactly something you name your new faction because you are being super duper srs. 

Again, I really understand that somebody chuckles and feels like king of the universe when he can call Maw-Krusha a cabbage but then there should be understanding for people who dislike this. Especially if somebody spent like 30 hours painting it, read the lore, enjoyed it, wants to play his first game with that model and the only thing he hears once he/she put the model on the table is: "Nice cabbage! Got more vieggies?" It turns down all the effort person put into that model.

Are we all grown up and know we shouldn't make war over plastic soldiers? Sure! (or most people at least) Should we take personally comments about Warhammer models? No, we shouldn't. Is it possible that we feel emotionally attached to a hobby we spent hundreds of hours on? Very likely. Although I am aware that somebody doesn't want to offend me when calling names for miniatures, I really get displeased whenever I hear names for my Endrinriggers that sound terrible in my language (baloon related). I've heard dozens of names for Stormcast Eternals usually about them being fake Space Marines and I think people playing them are pretty tired of hearing them over and over again. Same goes for cabbage and other haha names.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Again, I really understand that somebody chuckles and feels like king of the universe when he can call Maw-Krusha a cabbage but then there should be understanding for people who dislike this. Especially if somebody spent like 30 hours painting it, read the lore, enjoyed it, wants to play his first game with that model and the only thing he hears once he/she put the model on the table is: "Nice cabbage! Got more vieggies?" It turns down all the effort person put into that model.

Are we all grown up and know we shouldn't make war over plastic soldiers? Sure! (or most people at least) Should we take personally comments about Warhammer models? No, we shouldn't. Is it possible that we feel emotionally attached to a hobby we spent hundreds of hours on? Very likely. Although I am aware that somebody doesn't want to offend me when calling names for miniatures, I really get displeased whenever I hear names for my Endrinriggers that sound terrible in my language (baloon related). I've heard dozens of names for Stormcast Eternals usually about them being fake Space Marines and I think people playing them are pretty tired of hearing them over and over again. Same goes for cabbage and other haha names.

Oh my God just leave it already.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Disregarding the salted cabbage of the last few pages is anyone else a bit disappointed that stormcast get these dragons?

I'm hesitate to mention this, lest we give GW any ideas about giving lumineth more models, but traditionally warhammer dragons have been elf units.

I wouldn't have expected idoneth to get a dragon given their sea theme and their "challenging " relationship with animals. DoK, Lumineth and Malerion all seem like candidates though.

Or I would have thought they'd be a great standalone SoB style faction. 

I sea serpent would be amazing. Why don't you want it? :P

d5kftxc-87a4068d-b447-490b-94d9-36dc920f

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

GW has started to translate their faction names again with the new edition. The differences are interesting, it seems like translators have a good amount of freedom with their translation.

Kruleboyz get a different name in most European languages. Except for French, surprisingly, where they are just les Kruleboyz.

In German, their name is "Moorpirscha", which translates to something like Bogstalkas.

In Spanish, they are called "Mandamaloz", which I think works out to Badlordz.

In Italian, we get "Krudelazzi". I think that translates to Meanjokez? Kind of iffy on that one.

In Japanese, they just get their name phonetically transliterated.

All in all, I think German got the best deal this time around.

I'd reserve derpy names for regiments of renown, not for entire factions / subfactions.

• Like 2

I suspect we're going to keep to the reveal-a-week pattern for the remaining Stormcast and Kruleboy stuff as long as there's counterparts to show off; so over the next two weeks we'll get the Kruleboy cav and the Stormcast dragon cav, then (presuming there's no more after that) the preorder will happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

anyone else a bit disappointed that stormcast get these dragons?

I think this makes sense for AoS. Dracothion is very much the "gatekeeper" for dragons, at least for order, so any other dragons would be sort of rogue, corrupted or dead. I think there is plenty of room to explore in between though, as for Idoneth a Merwyrm like thing could easily pop up without actually being a "dragon".

It does add some charm that not everyone just rides dragons of different colours, especially with the AoS twist that actual children of dracothion at least are all intelligent beings, with very deep bonds to their riders (if any), which is very much a symbiosis between the stormcast and dracothions spawn. 

I do like when that is challenged though, and Zombie dragons are still cool, even if they made a new one, as why wouldnt Nagash raise the most powerful dead things he can get? Same for Chaos there can always be an argument for any being to be corrupted, and a Galrauch like twin headed chaos dragon model would be awesome to see! Mawkrushas are already as dragon like as it gets for Orruks I think, it is basically just a mean bulldog dragon.

The Lumineth just does not seem to have that star power as the old world dragon princes of Caledor had, looking at how they treat their citizens in their settlements, I do not think they are as capable of a symbiosis like relationship with dragons as the stormcast are in AoS lore.

• Like 2

I really like these drakes, they’re honestly better than I thought they’d be. If I had to guess Lumineth will get their own dragons eventually and they’ll be more in the style of the old High Elf serpent dragons. 

But I have to say if we’re talking about the best dragon design it’s not even close. This is the ideal dragon body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

27A2794A-3CBC-4FB9-A48D-A4674411A494.jpeg.1b0343e47a37b8a5f07e4492c2698c4e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I suspect we're going to keep to the reveal-a-week pattern for the remaining Stormcast and Kruleboy stuff as long as there's counterparts to show off; so over the next two weeks we'll get the Kruleboy cav and the Stormcast dragon cav, then (presuming there's no more after that) the preorder will happen.

I hope you are right. I love the Kruleboyz models, but I need more units that make the army building funny. I don't want an army formed of 3 gutrippaz units and a bunch of monsters always.

Edited by Nezzhil

28 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

I sea serpent would be amazing. Why don't you want it?

It isn't that I wouldn't like it. More that if Idoneth are going to get any love from GW (which i fear is unlikely) I'd rather see more sea creatures like a giant crab or octopus.

I'd be happy to see more dragons in the other aelf factions. Especially Malerion.

• Like 2

Those dragons look pleasing. The grin on one of the dragons face is also an enjoyable relief from ever angry models. The thing that bothers me is very characteristic pose with the wing up. Even if you implement both dragons in your army they look very much the same. I think they did better job with Dexcessa and Synessa as for a dual kit.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I hope you are right. I love the Kruleboyz models, but I need more units that make the army building funny. I don't want an army formed of 3 gutrippaz units and a bunch of monsters always.

This is the big un-answered question I think. 

On the one hand, so far, Orruk Warclans looks to have multiple Battleline options, but Kruleboyz themselves have just the one (one unit, two weapon options). 

An option to make Boltboyz Battleline would be interesting, but unlikely? So there has to be another unit right? The wished for cavalry option would make the most sense. 

25 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

It isn't that I wouldn't like it. More that if Idoneth are going to get any love from GW (which i fear is unlikely) I'd rather see more sea creatures like a giant crab or octopus.

I'd be happy to see more dragons in the other aelf factions. Especially Malerion.

I'd like the octopus, but I do feel the serpent is more atuned to the "mythological" approach of AoS.

But yes, it is unlikely that idoneth get much more love in the near future. Do they not sell? I don't get it, they are a faction that is easy to expand on.

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

By the way. These dragons were created by the same sculptor as the new Giant Bats (compare the wings)

They were not sculpted by the same guy who did the Vargheists, I'll tell you that for free. Because that guy has no idea how wings work.

"Hey Steve, where do the fingers go again on bat wings?"

"Pretty sure they grow right out of their forearms."

99120207033_FleshEatersVargheists02.jpg

• Haha 7