The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, ArcLight said:

Rumour re: The Old World that has just popped up on reddit. No idea on the validity of it, but interesting to think about.

Screenshot_20210712-124949_Chrome.jpg

I want to believe this so bad, just because my Brets (and couple squads of Chorfs!) collect dust...but this is Geedubs we talk about, and knowing them I can only ever see them in their eternal wisdom and infallibility try and make bank with TOW - and nothing makes more bank than selling our old Army Books back again separately, hah hah! Admit it guys, we'd all buy those books again if we could.

• Like 2

New releases in the last few days look great, GW's currently on a roll, but I absolutely hate that nowadays cool new stuff almost always gets released first along stuff everyone has already bought if they were interested in the faction to begin with. I do understand that the FOMO gets cultivated cause they want people to collect more than just 1 or 2 forces but it's annoying for anyone with a modicum of restraint (or not enough and they bought all troops they wanted at the start xD ) to put it mildly.

Makes me almost wish that the rumored Thousand Sons Sorcerer will suck big time. Cause I got 40 Rubric Marines already.

At least the new KT offers a decent deal with those sexy Death Korps... not sorry for some mild whining here but I'd be willing to bet that most people would agree here.

Edited by MitGas

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Huh. That’s not a primaris model but looks like it might still have primaris proportions. That’s weird. The old style armour is a good look for grey knights but it leaves me baffled as to the GW marketing strategy. I assumed all old style marines would get updated to the primaris style but this suggests some will retain the old one. 

They've put too much effort in keeping the firstborn relevant, and units like terminators are too iconic to get rid of.  Personally I think they make a lot of money just by updating army books to the point they won't alienate a large section of the player base.  

4 minutes ago, the Fel-hand said:

They've put too much effort in keeping the firstborn relevant, and units like terminators are too iconic to get rid of.  Personally I think they make a lot of money just by updating army books to the point they won't alienate a large section of the player base.  

I wanted to paint a GK army, but there is too much uncertainty over their future. Just because they haven't been primarized now there isn't any guarantee that it won't happen next edition.

If Crowe doesn't have the primaris keyword I think you'll be relatively safe with Grey Knights. I do think they will be up scaled probably with a new option or two, at some point to the death watch/new chaos size. So if the size difference between marines and deathwatch bothers you its probably a bad ideal to start them, but I don't think there is any danger of them being squatted or primarized.

2 hours ago, novakai said:

isn't this wishlisting and not a rumor?

the guy didn't even use the rumor flair on reddit

This doesn't make any sense. Isn't the Old World going to be in a completely different time setting to WHFB?

Still whatever they do it would be nice if they brought back some of the old kits. Personally I would love the opportunity to buy a Bretonnia or TK army.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Even as a Thunderlizards player I am OK with this, but obvously biased as I also got an extremis Stormcast army, but dragons would not really fit the Seraphon that well. I have a feeling the Seraphon are in for a larger release at some point, at least in the scope of something like the Soulblight Gravelords got, with the resin stuff and possibly Saurus stuff getting redone.

I could see all resin getting redone alongside Saurus Warriors and Knights. Do that and add in a new centrepiece, I know they just got Kroak, but perhaps an actual Thunderlizard model.

39 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

This doesn't make any sense. Isn't the Old World going to be in a completely different time setting to WHFB?

Still whatever they do it would be nice if they brought back some of the old kits. Personally I would love the opportunity to buy a Bretonnia or TK army.

TBF there is so little info on TOW that i feel everyone been spitballing/ wishlisting what they think it is. i have a feeling there a lot of Overhyping on a product done by a very small FW team (they are suppose to be a different team that are separate from the HH age of darkness team)

the only rumor i have felt was really keen was that they are elevating HH into plastic and TOW is FW replacement for it because of the recent HH plastic starter set that just leak (with actual pictures

3 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I want to believe this so bad, just because my Brets (and couple squads of Chorfs!) collect dust...but this is Geedubs we talk about, and knowing them I can only ever see them in their eternal wisdom and infallibility try and make bank with TOW - and nothing makes more bank than selling our old Army Books back again separately, hah hah! Admit it guys, we'd all buy those books again if we could.

Unless they release old moulds as made to order this is doubtful as GW never sell just a game system, they make money of figures. 

I still wonder if it will be 15mm tbh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I may be wrong, but if I recall Admiral_SKK is actually Michkael or so I heard. One of the most reliable rumor mongers ever. The rumors about the plastic DKoK recently even before Valrak started from him and he's an old-school one who provided rumors years ago and had info on AoS during End Times before people even knew the world was blowing up.

In other words, if he says that's what's happening, then its happening. He also said there's plastic DKoK Death Riders and the Astra Militarum codex in September. So won't have to wait long for confirmation.

Edited by FFJump

20 minutes ago, FFJump said:

I may be wrong, but if I recall Admiral_SKK is actually Michkael or so I heard. One of the most reliable rumor mongers ever. The rumors about the plastic DKoK recently even before Valrak started from him and he's an old-school one who provided rumors years ago and had info on AoS during End Times before people even knew the world was blowing up.

In other words, if he says that's what's happening, then its happening. He also said there's plastic DKoK Death Riders and the Astra Militarum codex in September. So won't have to wait long for confirmation.

I mean... maybe, but their reddit history is just weird anime stuff up until the last couple of days where they claimed Imp Guard codex in September. 

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Quick question since I can't find a clear answer to it:

Path to Glory: What rules apply when I want to build a roster for a battle?

it's on the page there.  you have some limits - default is 1 of each wizard, priest, monster, war machine, and 3 heroes.

If they cover multiple things, they cover multiple things.  so Dragon Ogor Shaggoth one of your three heroes and also your wizard and monster.

You start with one territory that functionally adds one additional capability (+1 monster, hero, wizard, etc).  

Beyond that, you have a barracks with a max list of units... this is more for the campaign and switching stuff out when things are weakened.  there doesn't appear to be a limit to types of units in there, but you build based off of a point level and just use the normal rules (in regards to battlelines, etc).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I mean... maybe, but their reddit history is just weird anime stuff up until the last couple of days where they claimed Imp Guard codex in September. 

Well I went back and looked and the account I was thinking of was deleted. So I can't say for sure other than it had a similar name. However, I can say if we get the Guard codex in Sep and DKoK Death Riders in plastic that will add validity to his other rumors, so not long before we see.

Edited by FFJump

I wouldn't be surprised at all if factions like Gravelords were designed with Old World compatibility in mind. Even ones like Lumineth could use the Vanari units and fluff them as wearing "High Elf Colony militia" armor.

I 50/50 on it incorporating any current AoS models (or even old Fantasy ones), but if it does then I'm pretty confident the Old World would be in the same position as AoS was for the first two editions of its lifespan, where the majority of its playable models didn't even have proper faction books to call their own.

Has GW ever brought a retired kit back into full production before? I want to say something like that happened with Teclis' old model replacing a newer version back in Fantasy, but I don't remember well enough to say. Regardless, GW knows they'd get more money out of new versions since old Fantasy holdouts would want to buy the new shinies even if they already have an army.

I supposed the Old World's biggest test is whether or not it can draw in all those Total War players who totally would have started a Fantasy army if GW hadn't killed it off.

Be very surprised to see TOW and AOS cross over kits.

The few factions that remain with Fantasy kits are the ones being set up for shakeups between Duardin Soup or Dawnbringer Crusades.

The confirmed map means no Lizards - and I'd be surprised if they add BoC or Skaven in also. 

Not to murder hopes here - but TOW is already fairly confirmed a different beast to Fantasy...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Be very surprised to see TOW and AOS cross over kits.

The few factions that remain with Fantasy kits are the ones being set up for shakeups between Duardin Soup or Dawnbringer Crusades.

The confirmed map means no Lizards - and I'd be surprised if they add BoC or Skaven in also. 

Not to murder hopes here - but TOW is already fairly confirmed a different beast to Fantasy...

Skaven i think were a force that kicked off the civil war with assassinating skavenslayer mannfred or whatever his name is, my whfb lore is fuzzy. So i wouldn't be surprised if they were in. Wouldn't be surprised if they weren't either.

Pretty sure Crowe is just future proofing, hes not technically a Primaris yet because the keyword on one character would be a meaningless nerf. But hes the right size so when they update the core GK plastics next edition he will fit right in. Meanwhile, one randomly tall mini isnt the end of the world.

the Old World really is a pickle for GW i think dropping to smaller scale is what they will do in the end but ill keep my Dwarves on squares just in case ;)

3 hours ago, novakai said:

the only rumor i heard from Old world was from Nafka that FW where going to be the one producing Old world once Plastic HH gets out and that was going to somewhat replace that game production  for them 

Natfka have never been reliable, and we already know The Old World is Forge World. 

16 hours ago, novakai said:

most likely going to be in the new vs box with T-son.

since they showed old Grey knights next to him, that 4chan rumor about Redone GK seems extremely unlikely now

he is.

I think there may be a new character for each and that's it.

I don't want Grey Knights to go primaris, but scaling them to the primaris size as they are in the fluff would be amazeballs.

They're taller than normal astartes and nearly as tall as Custodians, so a full range makeover to make them fall in line with that would be all of the epic.

And it's not like there's a huge range of models to overhaul either, characters aside,  all they got is a strike squad and terminator box and the dreadknight.

However all that said, I bet he's no taller than voldus.

2 hours ago, Makyou said:

Re-reading this short story, and I am convinced GW is thinking about making a dragonkin faction with this line. Pull the trigger GW!

Screenshot_20210713-140317_Chrome.jpg

Unfortunately that's a reference to the dragon ogres that the ancient alliance of draconith (the drakes) and the drogrukh (the horned centaurs) both fought during the 'War of Thirteen Peaks' in Ghur, before Kragnos broke that alliance and nearly wiped out the draconith. It's discussed in BR: Kragnos.

Not dragonkin but dragons and centaurs teaming up to defeat... dragon-centaurs.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1