The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I would be suprised if we ever get a bonesplittaz release again... 

Their design, anatomically wise, is night and day difference when compared to Krulez. Their heads are ENORMOUS even compared to Jawz!! 

I think there is room for them but I'd really like a total range refresh to fall more in line with current aos design direction. It could be done. 

They are just so much more cartootny thats for sure. 

I for one am in love with the Krulez design (anatomical proportions and less goof troop),  weapons that look like they could actually be lifted,etc, and hope this design trend continues. 

• Like 7

Bonesplittaz got an Underworlds warband in Headkrakka‘s Madmob. They bear enough similarities to existing Bonesplittaz to make a complete replacement unlikely, unlikelier even than going from Sepulchral Guard to the new skeleton warrior kit.

The basic Bonesplittaz range is fine: they suffer badly from holdover Finecast models and a desperate lack of options.

Maybe a big brawler unit similar to Toofdagga from the Madmob, but even bigger, could solve some issues - Orruks that have eaten so much beast-marrow that they’ve swollen with Waaagh and Beast energy.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Drakensgreed said:

Bonesplittaz got an Underworlds warband in Headkrakka‘s Madmob. They bear enough similarities to existing Bonesplittaz to make a complete replacement unlikely, unlikelier even than going from Sepulchral Guard to the new skeleton warrior kit.

The basic Bonesplittaz range is fine: they suffer badly from holdover Finecast models and a desperate lack of options.

Maybe a big brawler unit similar to Toofdagga from the Madmob, but even bigger, could solve some issues - Orruks that have eaten so much beast-marrow that they’ve swollen with Waaagh and Beast energy.

I think the Savage Orc/Bonesplitters range would work a lot better if 'Greenskinz' were still an intermediary between the Ironjawz and them.

Kruelboyz sort of fill that gap and I wouldn't be too shocked if that was GW's intention, but the different proportions between them and the old (I guess we'd call them Gork?) Orc bodies is so different that it doesn't completely work.

The aesthetics are so different it feels weird to me to have all of these on the table together. feels like maybe some of these are for a different game system or something. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to have the rules for their minis squatted, but if I were asked to guess which currently produced sub faction would not be around in a few years... Savage Orruks are in the top 3.   If you asked me which will never get new models, probably my #1 pick. Just because everything else is just more popular/bigger existing range / more unique (not the 3rd most popular faction of their race)image.png.17d6c4d1021b741aaefd5c873642badd.png

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Theres nothing to say that Bonesplitterz couldn't get an update this Edition, there are more Kruelboyz to be shown so maybe Bonesplitterz will be there as well?

And even if not theres nothing to say the models couldn't get updated outside of getting a Battletome.

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Theres nothing to say that Bonesplitterz couldn't get an update this Edition, there are more Kruelboyz to be shown so maybe Bonesplitterz will be there as well?

And even if not theres nothing to say the models couldn't get updated outside of getting a Battletome.

gw doesn't operate like that though.

9 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

like the lumineth wave that came with a new battletome? 

a single character is not really what comes to mind when I think of an update.

If hero's arbitrarily don't count to you, how about psychic awakening for 40k? Eldar and Dark Eldar both got new units and new heroes, all without a new codex. Admech too.

If you only accept AOS evidence, how about the new Daugters of khain units (hero, and unit) that got released 4 months before a battletome with the shadow and pain set and Warcry? Maybe Warcry doesnt count to you, so how about the new Slaanesh and Khorne units that got released with Wrath and Rapture (New fleshhounds and KaranaK, and infernal Enrapturess with new fiends) with no new battletome in sight?

You could just own up to being wrong instead of making arbitrary distinctions about what does and doesn't count for your "GW doesn't operate like that" argument.

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It's creation was explicitly to mitigate the Cursed Skies and they've mentioned it's only in-universe logistical issues that stop every existing Stormcast putting on a set of it - once Terry gets back to Azyrheim, there's no reason for him not to put on a suit of it, especially since it reduces his chance of catching Covid having his soul devoured by 90%.

In 'War at Amberstone Watch' it says:

"[Thunderstrike armour] is awarded only to those Stormcasts possessed of the worthiest souls"

So all the dweeby Stormcast have to stay in the old armour as a mark of shame 😄

Edited by Carnelian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

If hero's arbitrarily don't count to you, how about psychic awakening for 40k? Eldar and Dark Eldar both got new units and new heroes, all without a new codex. Admech too.

If you only accept AOS evidence, how about the new Daugters of khain units (hero, and unit) that got released 4 months before a battletome with the shadow and pain set and Warcry? Maybe Warcry doesnt count to you, so how about the new Slaanesh and Khorne units that got released with Wrath and Rapture (New fleshhounds and KaranaK, and infernal Enrapturess with new fiends) with no new battletome in sight?

You could just own up to being wrong instead of making arbitrary distinctions about what does and doesn't count for your "GW doesn't operate like that" argument.

You can go ahead and expect gw to update the bonesplitterz units without a battletome, you are free to do so.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the Savage Orc/Bonesplitters range would work a lot better if 'Greenskinz' were still an intermediary between the Ironjawz and them.

Kruelboyz sort of fill that gap and I wouldn't be too shocked if that was GW's intention, but the different proportions between them and the old (I guess we'd call them Gork?) Orc bodies is so different that it doesn't completely work.

Weren’t bonesplitters already merged with ironjawz into the Orruk Warclans battletome? 

10 hours ago, Chikout said:

Absolutely no idea what this is. 9h4v8GJIMYZO56Vo.jpg.22c8774b91d46ea051f4bfb99b4f7342.jpg

Easy.

chaos dwarf daemon infused grenade in The shape of a warhammer chicken.

they’ve got them in a big long stick so that they can stand their ground at oncoming gribbly charges and they detonate on impact.

• LOVE IT! 1

33 minutes ago, Yargar said:

Ironjawz are in the same situation correct? They have had no new releases either.

Sure they have, they're all new in AoS besides the 'ard boys (whfb black orks).  That's the big difference between them really, I would call Ironjawz an "AoS" faction where so far Bonesplitterz is a "WHFB" faction, similar to spiderfang, dispossessed, wanderers, etc. I just think it's kind of weird that they would even come up with Kruelboyz if they were really into Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 9:57 PM, Starfyre said:

That literally will not happen - Thunderstrike is just a different aesthetic, like Sacrosanct was, like Vanguard was. They're armour types like the SM armour Marks, gravis armour, reiver etc. Other than, they're just going through the archetypical standard armaments - sword & shield, hammer & shield, two-handed sword/axe/hammer/glaive/staves, spear & shield, mace & shield, halberds, etc. Nothing surprising about any of that. Pretty sure the only weapon not covered by SCE from original WHFB is the flail! 

'Primaris' are just the 'true-scales' marines everyone said they wanted. 'Oldcast' is going nowhere.

Hopefully the new books makes the old models good - like how StD made the Marauders good, one of the most dated kits in their entire range (even when they're like 8+ warbands of Chaos cultists that could have taken their place) and Seraphon made the resin Salamander really good, or how loads of people buy lots of Skinks. The profit margins on those sprues (that cost them literal pennies each) must be wild since the tooling would have been paid off years and years ago.

New kruleboyz story was really good, the Orruk was really well written. 

I was being humorous. :D no need to defend the Oldcast

3 hours ago, sorokyl said:

The aesthetics are so different it feels weird to me to have all of these on the table together. feels like maybe some of these are for a different game system or something. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to have the rules for their minis squatted, but if I were asked to guess which currently produced sub faction would not be around in a few years... Savage Orruks are in the top 3.   If you asked me which will never get new models, probably my #1 pick. Just because everything else is just more popular/bigger existing range / more unique (not the 3rd most popular faction of their race)image.png.17d6c4d1021b741aaefd5c873642badd.png

We need a hero to paint three subfactions in the same tone, tbh

Then we can truly see the overall effect, the official showcase just doesn’t work.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Athrawes said:

If hero's arbitrarily don't count to you, how about psychic awakening for 40k? Eldar and Dark Eldar both got new units and new heroes, all without a new codex.

They got new models for existing units and heroes, not new units/heroes. You make some other solid points, but this one is just wrong.

This does not mean anything for the future though, GW rarely keeps to any one "standard procedure" for too long.

5 hours ago, Ratboy genius said:

like the lumineth wave that came with a new battletome? 

a single character is not really what comes to mind when I think of an update.

Or the awesome daughters of khaine release of...3 endless spells? After 2 years.

24 minutes ago, Fred1245 said:

Or the awesome daughters of khaine release of...3 endless spells? After 2 years.

In the space of six months DoK got three endless spells, a new hero, an Underworlds warband, a new unit from warcry and a bunch of awesome narrative centered around their faction. A lot of armies would love to have that kind of attention. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1