The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Damn OBR got done dirty. I get that buffing mortek guard to the moon with CA stacking, and chucking +1 attack on multiple catapults, was no fun, but limiting Unstoppable Advance to one unit per turn is *savage* given you can’t CA run rolls of 6 or reroll charges.

Not getting to use Redeploy or Rally for no discernible reason sucks too.

I really hope they do a "comming in the next months" reveal tomorow like they did for 40k and OBR is one of the factions they show something for. They really need a new battletome to be interesting again.

3 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Damn OBR got done dirty. I get that buffing mortek guard to the moon with CA stacking, and chucking +1 attack on multiple catapults, was no fun, but limiting Unstoppable Advance to one unit per turn is *savage* given you can’t CA run rolls of 6 or reroll charges.

Not getting to use Redeploy or Rally for no discernible reason sucks too.

Hopefully we get some new ways to use RDP in an updated OBR battletome?

Definitely agree this makes them quite lifeless. Have watched a few battle reports and they seem a little underpowered without the new abilities.

3 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Im hoping we see some more monsters for Stormcast that dodged the ugly tree on their way to the battlefield ;)

Cant lie, a giant croc would be ace :P

Yeah the Tauralon was a big disappointment. Such beautiful wings but such an ugly face. 

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Yeah the Tauralon was a big disappointment. Such beautiful wings but such an ugly face. 

Become friends with a Cities player, and use a spare Griffin head. There are four in the box.

Or just get the General on Griffin. Such a pretty!

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Unpopular opinion:

Tauralon is the most awesome SCE monster.

Not unpopular at all, I’ve been saying this for a while now. Give him the 5++ cast mystic shield on himself (or use Finest Hour or a CA) for 2+ save. Can do d3 MW on the charge as a monster, plus an extra one on a 2+. With AOA and Finest Hour hitting on 2s wounding on 2s. Plus drop 3 vials for more MWs. 

If Prime Electrids works RAW he’s even better as he could be doing d6 mortals on the charge too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Not unpopular at all, I’ve been saying this for a while now. Give him the 5++ cast mystic shield on himself (or use Finest Hour or a CA) for 2+ save. Can do d3 MW on the charge as a monster, plus an extra one on a 2+. With AOA and Finest Hour hitting on 2s wounding on 2s. Plus drop 3 vials for more MWs. 

If Prime Electrids works RAW he’s even better as he could be doing d6 mortals on the charge too. 

Nice!

I wasn't even talking about his rules, but I'm glad that our flying hyena can kick some €&_"*@

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

In rumours:

Thryng has changed to only allow Duardin from Fyreslayers or Cities.

That might imply incoming dwarves that would not be a logical ally. Perhaps of the kind that deal with Hobgoblins.

It makes sense.

I'm hyping now...3.0 can be the duardin edition perhaps?

@BelimanTauralon just needed a bovine face,the monstrous face is just bad.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

When do Games Workshop pre-orders normally dispatch? I thought I would be getting the Dominion box today but my order status is still pending.

It's a subtle thing, but GW does not say you'll get your order on release day (unlike when you order music or a video game on Amazon). It's says your order will be sent out starting on that day. 

You'll likely be waiting at least another five days.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

It's a subtle thing, but GW does not say you'll get your order on release day (unlike when you order music or a video game on Amazon). It's says your order will be sent out starting on that day. 

You'll likely be waiting at least another five days.

Thanks, it's a bit crappy.

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

When do Games Workshop pre-orders normally dispatch? I thought I would be getting the Dominion box today but my order status is still pending.

My independent seller has his stock (and my box) ready to collect. 
I'd strongly advise to give TPS a go. My experience with them is just way better (as soon as you've built an inch of trust aka bought *something* there)

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 1