The Rumour Thread

13 hours ago, fleante said:

I’ve noticed that the Warhammer Community team have posted cartoons depicting the Idoneth Deepkin twice now in the last few weeks on Instagram. Would’ve thought that was a sign that they’ll receive some love in the near future but reading the last few pages I guess that’s just wishful thinking. Happy for my Ogor peeps though!

I love those cartoons. I do hope, whether we get more models or not, Idoneth get featured a bit more. Extra narrative, maybe some BL stuff etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Anyone else notice that Kragnos gained some new keywords? That secondScreenshot_20210622-055233.png.4cfd60b50f7bf1e882665c9e2f125414.png one is particularly interesting. 

Edit it's not very be clear in the pic but it's Drogrukh. He's also a totem now. 

DROGUKH ARMY DROGUKH ARMY EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No but in all seriousness, my best guess for this is that maybe there’ll be a varanguard-sequel unit of mini-Kragnos’ that get a buff from being around him or something.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

DROGUKH ARMY DROGUKH ARMY EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No but in all seriousness, my best guess for this is that maybe there’ll be a varanguard-sequel unit of mini-Kragnos’ that get a buff from being around him or something.

I'm hoping it's a warclans subfaction full of Kragnos's followers.

So... someone was mentioning several pages back that the FAQs for 40k came out a couple days after indomitus.  Do we have any inkling if that was unusual or the norm?  What are the chances we see anything before the Dominion release?  Does the timing of the GHB make it less likely to have a FAQ sooner?

Just trying to temper expectations, would be useful as literally everyone in my group is unsure how to proceed with list building / purchases / painting projects atm.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

So from the GHB points changes, there was a thing showing Khorne have lost Tzeentch as a viable ally and just have Nurgle now (and non-marked StD). Does anyone know if the other mono-god armies also lost ally options with their fellow god lists?

Tzeentch can only ally Slaanesh next to the vanilla picks. Guess this reflects the way the CG could ally in 40k, where it's been T/S and K/N for at least a couple of years. Not sure why Nurgle and Slaanesh can't be allies but I guess they're too weird/gross (not in the right way) for each other now. Or Papa, being the nice guy of the CGs, doesn't wanna hurt Khorne's feelings by playing with Slaanesh. Or he's doesn't wanna listen to Khorne's outcry of rage if he did....

3 hours ago, boyadventurer said:

I doub't there will be ANOTHER ranged kit -- maybe Judicators get a new kit with Thunderstrike to match the new Knight hero, maybe that would account for some of that big points hike?

let's separate this to see the reaction... will Judicators remain as they are or get a new Thunderstrike version?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Tzeentch can only ally Slaanesh next to the vanilla picks. Guess this reflects the way the CG could ally in 40k, where it's been T/S and K/N for at least a couple of years. Not sure why Nurgle and Slaanesh can't be allies but I guess they're too weird/gross (not in the right way) for each other now. Or Papa, being the nice guy of the CGs, doesn't wanna hurt Khorne's feelings by playing with Slaanesh. Or he's doesn't wanna listen to Khorne's outcry of rage if he did....

Nurgle and Slaanesh are mostly antithetical.

Nurgle incites despair, where Slaanesh encourages joy. Nurgle urges acceptance in the extreme, meaning the complete abandonment of ego and vanity, where Slaanesh encourages and feeds on obsessive vanity and the primacy of the ego.

Nurgle does give a solace and merriment similar to joy once you have accepted his path, and Nurgle also implicitly propounds the primacy of the ego by the fact that Nurgle seeks to impose its own world view on existence. Both of these things means there is a paradoxical common ground between the two gods (no chaos gods are fully antithetical to each other, they are all interdependent and overlapping). But the means by which you accept and walk Nurgle's path are antithetical to the means of Slaanesh.

Edited by JackOfBlades
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Isn't that basically Kruleboyz

Kruleboyz don't follow/worship kragnos more than any of the other destruction armies. He's the biggest baddest dude, so they respect him, as do the other orks, goblins, etc.  He's depicted on that totem thing that one of them is carrying. Why do no other destruction factions have kragnos on their stuff or in their battletome? Because he didn't exist 6 months ago...  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sowoky said:

Kruleboyz don't follow/worship kragnos more than any of the other destruction armies. He's the biggest baddest dude, so they respect him, as do the other orks, goblins, etc.  He's depicted on that totem thing that one of them is carrying. Why do no other destruction factions have kragnos on their stuff or in their battletome? Because he didn't exist 6 months ago...  

i am just saying if there is a subsect of Warclans that for Kragnos, its probably Kruleboyz.

if he get more direct follower that are more related to him then I think its probably a something different and not part of Warclans.

or he could just be Nagash and just be in every Destruction book but curiously he didn't get the army keyword which even Nagash did when he was in OBR and Soulblight.

1 hour ago, JackOfBlades said:

Nurgle and Slaanesh are mostly antithetical.

Nurgle incites despair, where Slaanesh encourages joy. Nurgle urges acceptance in the extreme, meaning the complete abandonment of ego and vanity, where Slaanesh encourages and feeds on obsessive vanity and the primacy of the ego.

Nurgle does give a solace and merriment similar to joy once you have accepted his path, and Nurgle also implicitly propounds the primacy of the ego by the fact that Nurgle seeks to impose its own world view on existence. Both of these things means there is a paradoxical common ground between the two gods (no chaos gods are fully antithetical to each other, they are all interdependent and overlapping). But the means by which you accept and walk Nurgle's path are antithetical to the means of Slaanesh.

I appreciate the input but having read way too much fluff about those 4 in the last 20+ years, I still don‘t know why S and N can‘t be allies in the game though… obviously there are strong contrasts or differences but unlike the opposite pairs (T/N, K/S) they shouldn‘t be enough not to have an allied force (even if temporary) outside of a huge event in that case to me… if you go that route, Khorne‘s disgust with Nurgle‘s lethargic ways wouldn‘t make them team up either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Doesn‘t matter though, the other 3 are fools anyways, only good as expendable fodder and mere playthings for the only proper Chaos God, Big T himself. 😎👍🏻

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Doko said:

200 for judicators? They got double attacks or what reason to increase almost 50% tye cost of a unit that isnt very good?

It would be very strange to assume they just increased the cost to 200 without changing anything else in an entirely new book. Those points are from their new book, while right now they cost 150.

Maybe an alternate build for Vindictors multipart box. Lets guess... Stormcast with big swords!
Vanguard rename? I dunno.

They can't be new ranged guys, look at the cost of Judicators compared to them. Either the Judicators got a massive buff or the Vanquishers are awful at shooting if they are shooting guys.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

Yes they (vanguard Hunters) were not in battleline.

Whitefang already gave a confused reaction to the idea of a renamed unit. A version of vindictors with different weapons sounds much more likely. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Whitefang already gave a confused reaction to the idea of a renamed unit. A version of vindictors with different weapons sounds much more likely. 

Sequitors are baseline battleline it looks like, but Vanguard hunters might still be conditional battleline and appear further down the list.

Super excited for the new mere elite stormcast, and also can't wait to see what is going to happen with Orruk Warclans, spill the beans GW so I can plan for my wallets funeral.

13 hours ago, EnumaEilish said:

That was my first thought, but their points are much more in line with the other melee units, and all the ranged units are significantly more expensive. I'm wondering if we might get a more offensive dual-wielding or great weapon melee unit to contrast the spear and shield vindictors. Maybe a unit wielding the axe used on the chariot.

Yes please. Another slogging foot troop for SCE. We don’t have enough😂😂😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, MitGas said:

I appreciate the input but having read way too much fluff about those 4 in the last 20+ years, I still don‘t know why S and N can‘t be allies in the game though… obviously there are strong contrasts or differences but unlike the opposite pairs (T/N, K/S) they shouldn‘t be enough not to have an allied force (even if temporary) outside of a huge event in that case to me… if you go that route, Khorne‘s disgust with Nurgle‘s lethargic ways wouldn‘t make them team up either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Doesn‘t matter though, the other 3 are fools anyways, only good as expendable fodder and mere playthings for the only proper Chaos God, Big T himself. 😎👍🏻

Did this change recently? Slaanesh used to be able to ally with Nurgle in AoS 2 as of last (2021) battletome. In fact, they sometimes took plague monks to get some easy depravity. Has this been removed in GHB 2021?

3 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Sequitors are baseline battleline it looks like, but Vanguard hunters might still be conditional battleline and appear further down the list.

Super excited for the new mere elite stormcast, and also can't wait to see what is going to happen with Orruk Warclans, spill the beans GW so I can plan for my wallets funeral.

I really hope they come out and say that they're either part of Warclans or a separate BT, I hope and believe that they will be a part of Warclans. 

July 3rd I'm expecting a launch day Online Preview going over Dominion and 3.0 in general alongside showing off the new Starter Sets and Painting sets with hopefully a sneak peak at the future of Kruelboyz and SCE with new minis and the BT covers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ratboy genius said:

big T for The great horned rat, the patrician's choice

I thought you were a genius, Mr. ratboy! 😡  *major bird rage*

image.png.3aecb5bb366ca563eca958b2f7848ad0.png

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Did this change recently? Slaanesh used to be able to ally with Nurgle in AoS 2 as of last (2021) battletome. In fact, they sometimes took plague monks to get some easy depravity. Has this been removed in GHB 2021?

Oh, damn, just checked - nope, Slaanesh can still ally in Nurgle. I thought that they went with the old pairs of T/S and K/N as I only looked at Tzeentch's allies but Maggotkin can still team up with Hedonites. You can keep those Nurgle units. Pun intended. Oh, I'm so clever, I'll give myself a golden star sticker for a job well done. 😎

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope they come out and say that they're either part of Warclans or a separate BT, I hope and believe that they will be a part of Warclans. 

July 3rd I'm expecting a launch day Online Preview going over Dominion and 3.0 in general alongside showing off the new Starter Sets and Painting sets with hopefully a sneak peak at the future of Kruelboyz and SCE with new minis and the BT covers.

It's pretty much confirmed that Kruleboyz are part of Orruk Warclans. They share the same list "Orruk Warclans" in the pitched battle profiles of the generals handbook 2021. Meaning that Bonesplittaz, Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are all part of one book.

Big Waaagh also is confirmed as theres severall units marked as battle line in "Big Waaagh" Allegiance.

Excited how Kruleboyz get incorporated in Big Waaagh!

• Thanks 1

Thinking about what @KingBrodd wrote about the maybe (:-P) upcoming ogors, the state of destruction in general and its narrative in particular and what that could mean for upcoming releases.

I think we will see Kragnos for better or worse become the unifying beacon for the destruction factions. And just like the Kruleboys are drawn to him just now, word of his appearance will set the ogor clans in motion and the sons of Behamat and so on and so forth.
Now, if we assume, there is some truth to this trail of thought we should be able to pick both the destruction forces that get updates and also the forces of order/death/chaos standing on their way. Or, where destruction might be in need of another faction.

During the death cycle we saw the release of two completely new armies (NH & OBR) and a major rework of another (LoN to SG). Now, Death was in deed in dire need of diversity so I don’t think the forces of destruction will see two new armies (given, that the SoB are also new), but one seems like a given.

Now, what does that mean. First of all, I think the Orruk Warclans are destructions Soulblight Gravelords. The streamlining of a book without a clear purpose. That leaves the NH & OBR equivalents. The Mawtribes I think will get the slot of one of these two. That leaves one army to go. And frankly, given how small of a range the SoB have; I think 5 armies would be very justified. Problem is, that they also would need differentiation from the existing ones. And here it becomes difficult in my opinion. The forces of destruction feel like a pretty complete set if themes. 

Except if you add herdes of centaur people to the mix. An all out cavalry army dominating the plains yadayada. Sounds easy.

But if you think about that, two questions instantly come up:

1. What about BoC. Would they flock to Kragnos who aligns perfectly with their goals (as in the turnskin story from BR) of ending civilisation. Or would they be treated as unworthy filth by the nobler barbarians that are Kragnos people (problematic).

2. What about the Kurnothi? Would *they* be the noble counterpart to Kragnos very own herdes or would they switch sides and give in to their feral sides? The latter seems super appealing. 

What do you think? My lunch break is over, so Ihave to stop rambling >.<

• Like 2