The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

The limited edition core book being more expensive than the dominion box made me sad...

Considering its often just a cover and a book mark ribbon I rarely feel sad about missing limited editions. On the one hand the different cover rarely feels worth it for the high price GW charges for them. On the other I'm glad in a way, that they aren't full of additional content because their limited production numbers would make it a nightmare to get a hold of a copy. 

• Like 2

I am a bit late to the doom and hype duel, but for me 3.0 is a decent shake up with a mixed bag, but definetly having more positive than negative things. Some points and balance in general are rough around the edges (yea, poor Slaanesh, new barbed wire Shackles and quite underpriced Undrasta come to mind, while BoC just really need a new battletome all together), but besides that there aren't a lot of outstanding issues at the moment. Most faction and rules are in decent spot already and we have much more interactivity and less downtime with new CAs and a lot of CPs. 1 ot 2 FAQs to clean things up, and we should be good to go. I could be wrong of course, but summer tournaments will reveal the truth.

Edited by Zeblasky
  • Like 5

I got all the way to check out with no trouble but then decided not to order. I will wait to see if I can get the core book digitally. I still haven't finished reading the second edition book simply because its a big heavy book that I can't easily take to work with me. Even though the minis will be more expensive I will be able to get them later and not buying now I can wait to see how both full armies turn out. 

I really hope we get a new preview soon. I want to see giant crocodiles and dragons, not to mention potential new cities stuff.

I got my pre-order without any dramas but it is sooooooo expensive. Wiped out my hobby budget for the next few months.

For anyone who hasn't got their My Warhammer account sorted - do it before hand! It was a requirement for me and it puts you in que before you login so you don't want to spend your ten minute window sorting that out first.

Fingers crossed for all out there looking for a copy but you can still pre-order on the Australian site without a que two hours after launch so hopefully supply is not too short.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ragnar72 said:

Has anyone seen a digital version of the new books? Normally GW shows the epup for preorder too, but there arenˋt any.

No sign whatsoever. GW has been mysteriously silent on this front. They haven't mentioned the app once. My worry is that it might tie in to the the Warhammer+ announcement on June 23rd. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chikout said:

No sign whatsoever. GW has been mysteriously silent on this front. They haven't mentioned the app once. My worry is that it might tie in to the the Warhammer+ announcement on June 23rd. 

I did not realize that was coming....man I hope they  just leave Azyr and the AoS app alone.  Love the digital products, and the app is quite good (most of the time).  Far superior to the 40k one.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I got my pre-order without any dramas but it is sooooooo expensive. Wiped out my hobby budget for the next few months.

For anyone who hasn't got their My Warhammer account sorted - do it before hand! It was a requirement for me and it puts you in que before you login so you don't want to spend your ten minute window sorting that out first.

Fingers crossed for all out there looking for a copy but you can still pre-order on the Australian site without a que two hours after launch so hopefully supply is not too short.

Best bit of advice. I'm so glad I remembered to get it sorted a few days ago. Completely forgot they've merged your GW account with My Warhammer. I thought it was automatically transferred over or something. 

Please, if no one has done this yet do it now as there's a few login screens to get through and even longer if you've forgotten password etc. 

Glad you managed to get a copy. Good luck everyone. 

GW should have released the FAQ and errata document for each faction as part of the articles they have been doing for each faction in 3rd edition. That way it would have given people time to digest those before the points costs were revealed. Instead we got questionable suggestions about army composition, like taking a unit of 30 shadow warriors and putting them in terrain (as if that's going to be possible on most tabletops).

1 minute ago, Urauloth said:

In an hour-long queue... guess I'll have to see how lucky I am. I have to say I don't like the lack of a digital edition for the new core book, I hope they aren't moving AoS to a hardback-only model like WH40k.

Betting Warhammer + will have all digital rules on subscription. 

• Like 1

Honestly I'm pleasantly shocked la, wait time on GW was more than an hour but I've heard it hasn't immediately sold out?

Managed to grab mine from GoblinGaming who still have Pre-order up if anyone wants to check.

I've read other places were also no bother. Seems like the start to a good pre-order day?

Edit: https://www.goblingaming.co.uk/products/age-of-sigmar-dominion-box-set 

Link if anyone needs

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Thanks 1

Oh well... Two devices in the queue at 9:50, both over one hour... Ordered in two German shops. No idea how many they'll have. Waylands site crashed hard, so at first I had 6 copies (as if I wanted that...) in my basket and then none and preorder over :D what a mess 

That was all very civilised! Ordered without a problem. 

Now the question is do I paint the stormcast or krule boyz first? 

I do have have the stormcast from the mortal realms magazine to put together. 

Hmmmm, maybe I can put together and paint 1000pts in a forenight ready for the 3rd.

• Like 1

Hope everyone is getting the stuff they wanted.. its not my thing so I'm not after it. Did note that Darkshpere have sold out but are advertising a second winter release of Dominion so sounds like availability is good and you will be able to pick it up later if you miss out on this wave.