The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

Agreed. Wanted that for Ogors and especially BoC. The Shaggoth, in particular needs a massive upgrade.

100% mate. A BOC dual box with Gloomspite would have been epic. I'm still holding out for BOC to get a massive update this Edition, its literally called the Era of the Beasts, there are only 2 Factions with beasts in their name and they are Beasts of Chaos and Beastclaw Raiders.  If they arent updated and we get more Aelves I'll just not understand.*

* I've no problem with Aelves and definitely no problem at all with their players, I just want beasties!! 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Perturbato said:

Well the article about the faction are not very usefull arn't they ? I learned nothing from the Slave to darkness and they even told that daemonic power was to increase save and that is a mistake (except it is changed as it could in an version change :p)

Nice artwork for the warqueen nobody ever uses because she can not benefit from the allegiance abilities... 

I'd assume all the coming faction focus articles will be mostly "this model good, because of +1 save command!" well... my hopes for these "deep dives" are low at best. It will be amazing to see how they address the bonereapers though who can not benefit from any of the new commands, will it just be an empty sheet of paper? who knows!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Scurvydog said:

Nice artwork for the warqueen nobody ever uses because she can not benefit from the allegiance abilities... 

I'd assume all the coming faction focus articles will be mostly "this model good, because of +1 save command!" well... my hopes for these "deep dives" are low at best. It will be amazing to see how they address the bonereapers though who can not benefit from any of the new commands, will it just be an empty sheet of paper? who knows!

ahah the OBR subject made me laugh. They just sent the one about slaanesh and it's ... exactly what your said. Better than nothing ?

11 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

These sort of Warhammer Community deep dives are never really that...well deep.  You will get better more objective information from other players who post on site like this.

I still enjoy them though for what its worth.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

These sort of Warhammer Community deep dives are never really that...well deep.  You will get better more objective information from other players who post on site like this.

I like them for their awesome galleries, but the strategies listed are typically along the lines of Cavalry are fast and with this new command ability they are even faster. Add endless spells to make your wizard more deadly. Grots may not seem strong but become a lot more powerful when fighting in large hordes. Fun stuff that is great for beginners trying to decide an army and get a hang of the rules... just hard to swallow for those of us jonesing for some new edition info. 

Speaking of which here is the new article full of great art and army shots and generic strategies:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/11/the-new-edition-is-a-buffet-of-delights-for-the-hedonites-of-slaanesh/

bOne4ql9jjjUQsgF.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I like them for their awesome galleries, but the strategies listed are typically along the lines of Cavalry are fast and with this new command ability they are even faster. Add endless spells to make your wizard more deadly. Grots may not seem strong but become a lot more powerful when fighting in large hordes. Fun stuff that is great for beginners trying to decide an army and get a hang of the rules... just hard to swallow for those of us jonesing for some new edition info. 

Speaking of which here is the new article full of great art and army shots and generic strategies:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/11/the-new-edition-is-a-buffet-of-delights-for-the-hedonites-of-slaanesh/

bOne4ql9jjjUQsgF.jpg

I expected them to at least talk about a new Grand Strategie related to movement or confirm alpha strike ranges for the new board sizes. My bad XD. We already pointed Painbringers and Twinsould being powerful with all out attack and defense long ago in the HoS thread.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

100% mate. A BOC dual box with Gloomspite would have been epic. I'm still holding out for BOC to get a massive update this Edition, its literally called the Era of the Beasts, there are only 2 Factions with beasts in their name and they are Beasts of Chaos and Beastclaw Raiders.  If they arent updated and we get more Aelves I'll just not understand.*

* I've no problem with Aelves and definitely no problem at all with their players, I just want beasties!! 

You'd hope so wouldn't you.

The Ogroid Myrmidon showed us what a minotaur could look like body wise as well.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

bOne4ql9jjjUQsgF.jpg

I do wonder if they very subtly answered the question about if AOS will get the 40k second rank engagement rules in this article.  They talk about the 2inch reach of the Symbaresh being useful because more of them can attack.  If we were getting the 40k rules, I’m not sure it would matter.  

probably reading too much into it.  

20 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

You'd hope so wouldn't you.

The Ogroid Myrmidon showed us what a minotaur could look like body wise as well.

If only all the Bullgors looked like the Myrmidon.  Grumble grumble, Myrmidons and Kragnos being Beasts but not Beasts of Chaos.  

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Hard to do a deep dive  tbh when your editor wants all articles to be read within 5 minutes. 

9 hours ago, Beliman said:

More leaks (or rumors?). Don't know the source:

Vindictors 5 / 140 Battleline
Annihilators 3 / 180
Praetors 3 / 155
Imperatant 160
Vexillor 125
Knight Arcanum 150
Yndrasta 300

Killaboss with Stabgrot 140
Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof 200
Murknob with Belcha-banna 115
Swampcalla Shaman 125
Hobgrotz 10/95
Manskewer Boltboyz 3/120
Guttrippaz 10/180

Stormcast Eternals:

Hide contents

Yndrasa:
12" move, 8 wounds, 3+ save
4 attacks, 3+/2+/-2/3
MONSTERS within 3" are treated as having 10 less wounds when looking at damage brackets
4+ ignore
Once per turn revive a STORMCAST model with 3 or less wounds from a nearby unit
Stormcast and Cities units within 12 dont take battleshock

Vindictors:
2 wounds, 5" move, 3+ save, 7 bravery
2 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/1 damage
hit rolls of 6 cause 1 mw and attack sequence ends

Vexillor:
6 wounds, 3+ save, 5" move
4 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/2
Banner: Once per game choose 3 SCE units. Heal d3 wounds or revive d3 wounds worth of models from each unit. If you picked the same unit 3 times, roll 3d3 for that unit and heal or restore models

Praetors:
3 wounds, 5" move, 3+ save
3 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/2
When a nearby stormcast hero takes a wound roll a dice. On a 2-4 the Praetors take the wound instead. On a 5+ the wound is ignored.

Krule Boyz:

Hide contents

Manskewer Boltboyz:
5" move, 2 wounds, 6+ save
Aimed Shot: 24" 1 attack, 3+/3+/-1/2
Hasty Shot: 12" 2 attacks, 4+/3+/-1/2
Can only use Aimed Shot if you didn't move and there are no enemies within 3"

Gutrippaz:
5" move, 2 wounds, 5+ save
2 attacks, 4+/4+/0/1
At the start of the charge phase if this unit is >3" from an enemy unit, pick an enemy unit within 12" that isnt a HERO or MONSTER. Roll 2d6 and add 1 to the roll for every model in this unit. If the result is higher than the enemy units bravery, subtract one from hit rolls when that enemy unit fights this unit until the end of the turn.

Murknob with Belch-banna:
6 wounds, 4+ save
3 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/2
KRULEBOYZ wholly within 12" ignore spells on a 5+
At the start of the combat phase roll a dice of each enemy unit within 3". On a 2-5, they suffer 1 mortal wound. On a 6 they suffer d3 mortal wounds.

Sludgeraker (Krule Boyz Dragon):

16w with 2+ saves. Ward save 6+
5 attacks at 3+/3+/-3/D4 (damage 4?)
Is a huge crocodilian that's more of a force of nature than a unit.
+1 to wound rolls if it charged. It's also about 150 points less than it ought to be. What's the catch? After the first time it fights it MUST charge the nearest enemy if able for the rest of the game, although a Breaka-boss can check it for a command point.

Skyrippa (Krule Boyz Bat-Like monster with Killaboss rider):
8w with 3+ saves, move 16", DS and -1 to be hit
Is a giant bat w/ a scorpion tail rode by a killaboss. Can deep strike. -1 to be hit.

If this is true......it gonna be more umbalanced than the old box of ghost(where stormcast were so much stronger than ghosts).

New orcs seems veeeeeery strongth but stormcast are.........USSELESS.

Really every unit is as 40%overcosted,basic unit does a 50% damage from elite units that costs 120 but cost 140????? Even 100 would be expensive. In short does the same damage than lumineths hammerers that cost 100 but these cost 140 and people didnt played hammerers because they were bad

The winged hero is a joke,6 damage median for 300??????? Have stats of 200 or less.

The banner hero,125 points to only bring 3d3 wounds back? So im spending 125 points to revive 6 wounds? For that cost i could bring since the start a unit extra for less points,100% useless hero

The new mage is expensiver than actual mage and is worse,i prefer autocancel one spell every day before the small bubble anti endless spells

The bulku boys have stats of 140\150 units but cost 180

The bodyguards,similar units as seraphons do the same for 100 and not 155 points,but can have a use to avoid snipe heroes

If this is true all in this box gonna be umplayable for stormcast,they arent bad,they are 100% useless and overcosted by 40%. How is posible the winged hero cost 300 and the ork hero cost 200 when have similar stats

Edited by Doko
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

4 minutes ago, Doko said:

If this is true......it gonna be more umbalanced than the old box of ghost(where stormcast were so much stronger than ghosts).

Really every unit is as 40%overcosted,basic unit does a 50% damage from elite units that costs 120 but cost 140????? Even 100 would be expensive.

The winged hero is a joke,6 damage median for 300??????? Have stats of 200 or less.

If this is true all in this box gonna be umplayable for stormcast,they arent bad,they are 100% useless and overcosted by 40%

points cost will rise for every faction. 

4 minutes ago, Doko said:

Really every unit is as 40%overcosted,basic unit does a 50% damage from elite units that costs 120 but cost 140????? Even 100 would be expensive.

If this is true all in this box gonna be umplayable for stormcast,they arent bad,they are 100% useless and overcosted by 40%

Crikey, aren’t you a ray of sunshine?

Relax, we don’t know if it IS true yet. We don’t know anything for sure, so there’s no use working yourself into a tizzy about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

New Broken Realms story: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/11/broken-realms-fiction-premonitions/

Seems to be set during the siege of Excelsis, from BR Kragnos. Coming a bit late, clearly.

Seems like an after-the-fact justification for why Sigvald and Glutos did not play any role in the siege despite being set up very early on in Broken Realms to appear in the siege.

Still no explanation of why Gardus and the Hallowed Knights were absent

On the plus side, if my Sotrmcast suck right out of the gate it makes it easy to play games with anyone and not feel bad about bringing an optimised list. Means I get to have the enjoyment of tweaking and planning and optimising whilst not also making my opponent have a bad time at the table.

28 minutes ago, Doko said:

Only if you look for dmg output. She is in Look Out Sir range, rocks a 3+ saves, and 4+ ward... I mean, that's a lot without CPs or Heroic Actions in consideration. And 12 move with fly!! Throw her to any 500-600 points monster and She will gain her points back by removing a monster for maybe 3 or more turns.

Btw, as @Hellberg said, expect a points rise for all other armies too

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Siphon said:

If only all the Bullgors looked like the Myrmidon.  Grumble grumble, Myrmidons and Kragnos being Beasts but not Beasts of Chaos.  

I still want the rules for chaos to change into the 1/4 CoS style. I want an undivided general to be able to take allies from an undivided army so in this case BoC and S2D. I want a marked general to take armies from a shared mark... So a Tzangor Shaman can have 1/4 DoT units or marked S2D. I think it would give more people reasons to run Beasts of Chaos and Slaves to Darkness instead of just redundantly stuffing them into a god specific factions. It also gives them access to certain tools without taking away from the unique identity of the God Specific factions.

Skaven work really well as an independent faction with only Pestilence and Nurgle tying them to the broader alliances. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Seems like an after-the-fact justification for why Sigvald and Glutos did not play any role in the siege despite being set up very early on in Broken Realms to appear in the siege.

Or like that chunk of the story had to be removed when they merge Alarielle and Kragnos (if that's what really happened).