The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, HollowHills said:

So someone on 4chan who "leaked" the reinforcement rule also "leaked" this release schedule for aos 3rd.

2021/2022

Maggotkin, Gitz, Ogors and BoC as the first 4 books after SCE and Orruks. Large releases for Ogors and BoC.

Dawnbringer Crusades (rebooted cities)

Umbraneth and River Temple Lumineth

Chorfs

If this is true I'm quitting aos in protest at Idoneth not getting a new book or models for 4 to 5 years.

If there truly are large releases for Ogors and BOC I'll be so happy for BOC players but more so happy for myself as a Mawtribes player. The Mawtribes are due an update to their mostly 16 year old range and definitely need some AOS sculpts. These posts all hinting at the same thing have me incredibly excited.

I also wouldnt worry mate, that list has only the first few tomes coming. I would be more suprised to see Idoneth not get anything than something. They're their true 'Original' Aelven race and they are quite popular, I could see them getting a new Behemoth unit and a few more Battletline troops!!

6 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I hope this means we can expect to see some revamped Yhetees! Getting the troll make over and big big hero would be awesome

Yes!! I have a feeling that very much like the Crypt Horrors, Yehtees and Gorgers may come in a Dual Kit.

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

£40, same as the 40k one. 

Ah that makes sense, had a feeling it was going up from £35.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Now, as much as I wish this to be true (so that we Lumineth Realm-chads can keep on winning 😎) I take issue with the fact that it fails to mention any other new Destruction armies in what’s meant to be the destruction edition. Death got like what, 3 in 2e? So you’d expect there to be more.

Plus, I’m not gonna put it here but I saw the leaks on /tg/ itself and they get more and more unreasonable, claiming to know the exact way 3e is gonna end - which is just plain unrealistic, GW might plan model release far in advance, but not the story. So therefore, this is probably a fake.

Considering the low amount of effort put into SoB, I wouldn't really be surprised if a limited release for orruk warclans is the big destruction release.

I was hoping for a LRL size effort but literally nothing is pointing towards that scenario.

Edited by C0deb1ue

11 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

Considering the low amount of effort put into SoB, I wouldn't really be surprised if a limited release for orruk warclans is the big destruction release.

I was hoping for a LRL size effort but literally nothing is pointing towards that scenario.

I'm hoping that the Ogor Mawtribes relaunch is LRL sized, maybe not in terms of brand new models but in remakes of current ones. I feel the only part of these rumours to believe are the ones of the first paragraph. 

There will hopefully be more for Destruction as the Edition goes forth, I doubt anyone wouldve guessed the 3 new Factions for Death at the beginning of 2.0. 

14 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Man was I deflated when I saw the Gnashtoof but the mention of smaller hounds made me immediately think that these may be the wolf riders from the Rumours or else a pack of hunting dogs!!

People seem to be loving the idea of the winged monstrosity but what about the Sludgeraker!? That is giving me the crocodile/frog vibes I've been looking for!! Kruelboyz are shaping up to be a really diverse looking range, cannot wait to see what beasts await as. Damn it I'm so excite!! 

Sir might want to look at the toad dragon..

The saddle is just right for an ogre as well.

image.png.b1bf63cbf7299a0dcee5eaa0c6e3569b.png

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On the credibility of these rumors.

In favour:

They leaked the reinforcement rules on Wednesday before the pages were put up elsewhere.

Bob on War of Sigmar claims these line up with the rumors he has heard. Given that war of sigmar tends to get info from Atia and she is reliable this is quite strong evidence.

4chan has seen accurate leaks lately.

Against:

It's 4chan.

The story leaks don't seem to make much sense when the theme of the edition was more about destruction and beasts. Aos 2 followed the Soul Wars theme all the way until the last BR book which transitioned into 3rd.

They use the name "Umbraneth" which I'm fairly sure was shown to be a fake leak previously. 

30 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

On the credibility of these rumors.

In favour:

They leaked the reinforcement rules on Wednesday before the pages were put up elsewhere.

Bob on War of Sigmar claims these line up with the rumors he has heard. Given that war of sigmar tends to get info from Atia and she is reliable this is quite strong evidence.

4chan has seen accurate leaks lately.

Against:

It's 4chan.

The story leaks don't seem to make much sense when the theme of the edition was more about destruction and beasts. Aos 2 followed the Soul Wars theme all the way until the last BR book which transitioned into 3rd.

They use the name "Umbraneth" which I'm fairly sure was shown to be a fake leak previously. 

To clarify, the rules leaker and the story leaker are different.

According to some rumours, Daughters of Khaine's points have been increased.

"Sisters up 20, stalkers  up 30. Morathi up 60, basically everything went up 10 or more"

I haven't seen any photo evidence, but if it's true, then maybe there will be a points increase across the board. 

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

"Sisters up 20, stalkers  up 30. Morathi up 60, basically everything went up 10 or more"

I haven't seen any photo evidence, but if it's true, then maybe there will be a points increase across the board. 

Or those 3 units have been the only useable units since the book came out and they are nerfing the one and only list there is for DoK

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Interesting starting point if it's real. 

Sisters +20, so I guess wardens up 10-15 points aswell, stalkers +30, same with sentinels and if Morathi is going up 60 Teclis will be up in 80-100 points.

Edited by Ragest

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Well, I don't know about validity of this but it would make sense. Stalker Spam + Morathi is quite a powerfull combo and feel like something that was not intended by the Dev's this way. On the other side, reinforcement rules for 3.0 would tackle this issue as well

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Enoby said:

So a 10-20% increase across the board.

There are also rumours some units would (and in the future maybe even could) receive a SINGLE battlefield role addition... Preventing them from being reinforced. 

So that could be a strong balance mechanic to prevent deathstar units too. 

• Like 1

I am eager to see the two new monsters that they teased in Warhammer Community for Kruleboyz.

If only the "Sludgeraker" was a double kit (like the Slaughterbrute/Vortexbeast) that allowed you to either build it as a Sludgeraker for orruks or as a Jabberslythe variant for Beasts of Chaos. A goat can dream. 😅

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

What are people’s thoughts on the leaked points and rules for the Dominiun stuff?

Whitefang! Where are you?!

We still need to know more about their allegiance abilities and interactions. But from what we know:

Krule Boyz: Powerful monsters (with nice saves and dmg output), but their troops need that 5+ mortal wounds on hit to do any dmg (even with All-Out Attack +1 to hit). Their saves of 5+ and other gimmicks (like -1 to be hit) are not strong enough unless they fight other chaff. Heroes seems powerful and they have a punch (3+/3+ seems the base profile for heroes, Gravelords, SCE and Krule Boyz).

Stormcast Eternals: Yndrasta seems really good vs everything and can punch hard with Heroic Actions and CA. All SCE have a rockin 3+ saves (2+ with All-Out Defense!!) and a 3+/3+ profiles. Praetors bodyguard are awesome and they even have a good punch with 3 attacks each with 2 damage. Some trick to return models (and Rally), and good staying power.
They are really solid and they don't feel OP

Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Beliman said:

We still need to know more about their allegiance abilities and interactions. But from what we know:

Krule Boyz: Powerful monsters (with nice saves and dmg output), but their troops need that 5+ mortal wounds on hit to do any dmg (even with All-Out Attack +1 to hit). Their saves of 5+ and other gimmicks (like -1 to be hit) are not strong enough unless they fight other chaff. Heroes seems powerful with a punch (3+/3+ seems the base profile for heroes, Gravelords, SCE and Krule Boyz).

Stormcast Eternals: Yndrasta seems really good vs everything and can punch hard with Heroic Actions and CA. All SCE have a rokcin 3+ saves (2+ with All-Out Defense!!) and a 3+/3+ profiles. Praetors bodyguard are awesome and they even have a good punch with 3 attacks each with 2 damage. Some trick to return models (and Rally), and good staying power.
They are really solid. Not OP, nor really bad. 

So Orruks look bad, Stormcast look good? Seeing how 40K went with space marines, that sounds quite plausible lol. 

Edited by Tiberius501

defo need to see some more layers of the kruleboyz as they definitely don't appear immediately solid like the SCE

edit: I would say kruleboyz heroes seem kind of vanilla/baseline at present rather than powerful. Yndrasta is powerful.

Edited by C0deb1ue

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

So Orruks looks bad, Stormcast look good? Seeing how 40K went with space marines, that sounds quite plausible lol. 

I don't think that they are bad, but they seems to need to exploit their allegiance and synergies to win (mainly mortal wounds before the enemy hit your meh 5+saves).
Their Monsters are awesome and I'm pretty sure that a mix of ranged, chaff and monsters can be really powerful.

It's just that SCE are really solid, doesn't matter what units you look at. They don't need great interactions/combos to do something big (Anihilators set-up with scions, mw to enemies, then 7" charge with rerolls, mw again, and then fight a 2+save monster, that's without looking at any CAs . Easy and fun)

Edited by Beliman
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I don't think that they are bad, but they seems to need to exploit their allegiance and synergies to win (mainly mortal wounds before the enemy hit your meh 5+saves).
Their Monsters are awesome and I'm pretty sure that a mix of ranged, chaff and monsters can be really powerful.

It's just that SCE are really solid, doesn't matter what units you look. They don't need great interactions/combos to do something big things (Anihilators set-up with scions, mw to enemies, then 7" charge with rerolls, mw again, and then fight a 2+save monster without any CP. Easy and fun)

have you seen rules for the monsters? as the gnashtooth isn't particularly exciting, i don't even know if it counts as a monster?

3 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

have you seen rules for the monsters? as the gnashtooth isn't particularly exciting, i don't even know if it counts as a monster?

Remember that they are still rumors, nothing confirmed (I think):

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

defo need to see some more layers of the kruleboyz as they definitely don't appear immediately solid like the SCE

Agreed, but I'm optimistic. The only Kruelboyz allegiance ability we've seen so far is turning 6's to hit into mortal wounds (which isn't terrible.) It's been said/hinted that they focus on ambushing, and I wouldn't be surprised if maneuverability was one of their strengths.

Retreat and charge type abilities would be a very thematic fit for this army, given that they're supposed to be kunnin', but we haven't heard anything about that thus far.

We know that the Killaboss can mitigate battleshock, which might be another tactical lever that they pull. 

Also, they may have some kind of WAAAGH! ability, and I'd be facinated to see how that translates with an army of kunnin' orks. Heck, even if it's just +1 to attacks, that would be a pretty big deal given the MW potential.

• Like 1

Remember that it's likely you will be able to use Ironjawz, Bonesplittz and Kruelboyz together in the big waaagh. So hard to evaluate their overall strength based on their units alone.

It may be viable to take some shooting and monsters from Kruelboyz combined with combat units like ardboyz or brutes.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It's just that SCE are really solid, doesn't matter what units you look. They don't need great interactions/combos to do something big things (Anihilators set-up with scions, mw to enemies, then 7" charge with rerolls, mw again, and then fight a 2+save monster without any CP. Easy and fun)

I think SCE might finally be that beginner army that GW keeps billing them as. Fairly simple allegiance/warscroll abilities, strong warscrolls and low model count lists. I think that's a good spot for them. They should be an army that rewards good fundamentals, not pulling off complicated combos, and I think it looks like they might be that now.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Remember that they are still rumors, nothing confirmed (I think):

I guess they look ok, very hard to tell if they are good from that level of info. It will depend on whether they use the Kragnos points model or not.