The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It has never been shooting in general that was a problem, it has always been key units shooting very far and very accurately that has been the problem. There has been a lot of power creep in both the range and reliability of ranged units.

Nobody seemed to mind when Judicators were firing off one damage shots from 24" away for 160 points, but now we have lumineth archers doing a billion mortal wounds from the other side of the table with no line of sight required. The issue isnt necessarily the damage per point, it's that certain units do significant damage and some armies just can't do anything about it.

I think KO are well designed because their guns are short enough range that it gives your opponent a chance to react after they shoot, even if you have the option to pack up in your zeppelin and fly away later. It's fun to try to predict where they are going to land their gunships and catch them before they zip off again. Stormcast, Seraphon, Tzeentch, and Lumineth shooting is non-interactive and not fun to play against. 

Yeah, there is a huge difference in powerful shooting from 18" where the opponent have a chance to counter charge you (expecially with the double turn), and powerful shooting from 24+" where few units can get the ranged unit into combat in one round or even with a double turn.

So the ideal shooting for me would be low damage from long distance and powerful shooting where you put your ranged unit in a possibly dangerous situation.

However, it is not only shooting that is the problem but also other MW damage from magic etc. that hits very uneven where some armies have could protection and other have extremly little.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Yeah, there is a huge difference in powerful shooting from 18" where the opponent have a chance to counter charge you (expecially with the double turn), and powerful shooting from 24+" where few units can get the ranged unit into combat in one round or even with a double turn.

So the ideal shooting for me would be low damage from long distance and powerful shooting where you put your ranged unit in a possibly dangerous situation.

However, it is not only shooting that is the problem but also other MW damage from magic etc. that hits very uneven where some armies have could protection and other have extremly little.

I think the mortal wounds from magic are also an issue with the range and reliability of spellcasting. Arcane Bolt doing d3mw from 18" away cast by +0 wizards is not the issue, it's wizards like Kroak and Teclis auto-casting tons of mortal wounds from long range.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Enoby said:

What's the likelyhood we see a large repointing of all AoS factions at the beginning of AoS3? I think they did something similar in 9th, and it seems like Kragnos and Alarielle were pointed pretty highly (Kragnos especially) - perhaps in preparation for 3rd?

it would be interesting.

When AoS landed we suddenly had gone past the point where you needed a massive slab of bodies, it was cited as one of the drawbacks of fantasy, especially if you were a greenskin or rats player; and through the successive versions we're dangerously risking going back there with big model count armies again compared to how we were at the dawn of AoS.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Looks like that Excelsis scenario has the Order defender making use of mawtribes units. That'd be the sellswords getting their Tome Celestial then, here's hoping there's some mercenary rules for ogres outside of this one battleplan.

7 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I think the mortal wounds from magic are also an issue with the range and reliability of spellcasting. Arcane Bolt doing d3mw from 18" away cast by +0 wizards is not the issue, it's wizards like Kroak and Teclis auto-casting tons of mortal wounds from long range.

I totally agree. In the same breath, I think it’s appropriate that the likes of Teclis and Kroak can deliver that kind of output, as the gods and relic-priests of their races. But they need to be pointed accordingly, and not showing up in every small skirmish by default.

It’s one aspect of the game that still doesn’t sit quite right with me from a lore-meets-gameplay perspective. These ancient incarnates and first-spawned of the Old Ones should be powerful, expensive, and — not necessarily a rare sight on the battlefield, but — not the auto-include that so many of these lords and ladies (and frogs) have become.

55 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

@Kaleb Daarkindeed demon powered exoskeleton sounds rad for chaos dwarves.

Still i hope bale taurus and lammasu come back other than the daemon powered warmachines.

I honestly really want Chaos Dwarves to be a mixture of the old and new and as such I think that the Bale Taurus and Lammasu as bounded demon engines would be pretty awesome update. 

My dream version of Chaos Dwarves would be: A distinct and fully playable subfaction within Slaves to Darkness.  Narratively they would be mercenaries that have ties to Chaos but their own distinct agenda, culture and relationship to Chaos. They will forge an alliance with Archaon providing weapons and troops but be rewarded handsomely with prisoners of war and funds. I would like to see the Furnace Kings with the full facemask that we often see in recent deceptions of chaos dwarves but leading into the massive iconic hat of the classic models. The masks will include the iconic tusks, but only when the mask is removed you see they are still present, a Chaotic gift to the followers of Hashut. I feel like they would have a number of dual build kits that would help bolster their ranks and keep many classic options without investing as large an investment as releasing an entirely new faction. A mounted hero on a mecanical demonic bull, a sorcerer turning into stone, a unit of chaos dwarves that can lob grenades and armed with blunderbuss' or hand weapon and shields. Bull Centaurs a hard hitting cavalry option that is a little slower than Chaos Knights but harder hitting. A heavy artillery Hellcanon that can fight viciously in close combat and the crew is there entirely to keep it under control. Finally a Mechanical demonic Lammasu ridden by a named hero who will give massive buffs to Chaos Dwarves. 1/4 Chaos Dwarf Units can be a unit of Hobgobs that will get the Slaves to Darkness Keyword, this way they will not appear in ever Slaves to Darkness army only those with a heavy Chaos Dwarf Presence. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

Really don’t understand Gws marketing strategy.. they tease us a new box, new stormcast, new orcs and a new edition 5 days ago and we don’t get any information about it. I’m looking everyday on Community page and there is a new post about 40k only, every day... wtf... we want to see some informations, warscrolls, 3.0 reviews....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Really don’t understand Gws marketing strategy.. they tease us a new box, new stormcast, new orcs and a new edition 5 days ago and we don’t get any information about it. I’m looking everyday on Community page and there is a new post about 40k only, every day... wtf... we want to see some informations, warscrolls, 3.0 reviews....

Even with Indomitus it took over two weeks to have some rules after the unboxing. When it's close to release they won't shut up about it believe me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Well, when you look at the year, especially in the last couple of months it has been A LOT of AoS content or AoS related. GW has 40k stuff they need to get out before launch of AoS 3.0 and really this is the last week they have to do it. I think there is going to be two weeks of 3.0 information leading up to the release of AoS 3.0 that is likely end of this month. I know a lot of people are thinking the 26th is preorder however that wouldn't be great for release in the U.S. market since the 4th of July is the following Sunday and most if not all brick and mortar locations will be closed. I wouldn't be shocked if preorder is June 19th, meaning the next two weeks would be a focus on 3.0. 

52 minutes ago, Vongolo said:

Even with Indomitus it took over two weeks to have some rules after the unboxing. When it's close to release they won't shut up about it believe me. 

And so it begins!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/02/the-new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-delivers-the-most-comprehensive-ruleset-ever/

AjqMMu8Ux7yCQQgC.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Exactly.

That's what they want you to do, keep your eye constantly on their products and hope something - be that 40k, Underworlds, Necromunda, whatever - catches your eye in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

because the new box isnt releasing this Saturday for pre orders? 40k too didnt have news in the weeks with no releases. 

also https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/02/the-new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-delivers-the-most-comprehensive-ruleset-ever/

6 minutes ago, Pvarron said:

Oh, boy! The new rules tease is literally nothing! Shooting hasn’t changed at all and the interview also reveals nothing concrete.

Doesn’t changed at all? Did it changed? I can’t see any changes..

Edited by Erdemo86

This preview shows no new changes. However I would bet there is more to the Core Rules as it relates to Shooting than was is shown here. I expect there to be something different about shooting. However the note says there is not a penalty for shooting at an enemy unit while it is within 3" of another friendly unit. I was really hoping that there would be something that would change there.

• Like 2

Oh ok, there is some hidden change. You can shoot at an enemy unit that’s within 3 inch of a friendly unit without a penalty! So normally there is some kind of penalty? Or do they mean you ignore the look out sir penalty. That would be a buff to shooting...

Edited by Erdemo86

21 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/02/the-new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-delivers-the-most-comprehensive-ruleset-ever

I’m thoroughly disappointed that Lookout Sir! is still only a -1 to hit. That is a mistake imo. 

Well, I too want to see Shooting nerfed... But the layout redesign and the new options for 1. Army building in Matched Play, 2. more versatility for Heroes and 3. Monsters getting more dangerous are IMO very interesting changes.

Only thing I'm really afraid of (implied in the interview) : the transformation of the A4 version of the General's Handbook into those small, fragile looking booklets Ala 40k Chapter Approved with swirly binding...

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1