The Rumour Thread

No real lantern jaw on these boys and considerably less swole. I'm seeing what comes off as skinny GW ork with a face closer to LotR orcs and 'classic fantasy' scruffy armour and face-shields rather than anything particularly close to a goblin. I don't think that's a bad thing, considering we've only got a bare glimpse of this dude and no doubt it'll translate differently to the minis as well as coming with weirder or creepier stuff.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 5

I liked the Neave Blackstone teaser and the weird new Orruk in it. If that's the Morruks I am down for it. Angels of Death looks a lot nicer than when GW first teased it, and I am excited to see more of it. Astartes 2 and more animation sounds awesome.

I wanted to start with that because I try to be positive most of the time and not be a negative Nancy. That being said, for the love of the mortal realms, why would you create a warhammer-only streaming service? Streaming services are already getting crowded and a specialized service like this sounds doomed to fail. Putting your stuff on Amazon or Netflix has the benefits of strangers looking at it and going "wow that's cool, I am going to look more into this," like with the DotA and LoL shows. It increases brand recognition and fanbase size. Putting them exclusively on your own service seems really limiting, especially since it's going to have a small catalog of content.

I could be super wrong, but I am getting Quibi flashbacks...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'd say i'm not much fan of the nose though.

Seems strange,not enough orky but completely different from grots,too "flat".

Still it does remind me those orcs of the 5th edition(see pic) in plastic that had a similar face, so i think they're not the hobgoblins.

IMG-8151.JPG

Perhaps "lesser orruks" and not "big goblins" like the hobgoblins?

Well, @Whitefang has liked your post so it is decidedly so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

That being said, for the love of the mortal realms, why would you create a warhammer-only streaming service? Streaming services are already getting crowded and a specialized service like this sounds doomed to fail. Putting your stuff on Amazon or Netflix has the benefits of strangers looking at it and going "wow that's cool, I am going to look more into this," like with the DotA and LoL shows. It increases brand recognition and fanbase size. Putting them exclusively on your own service seems really limiting, especially since it's going to have a small catalog of content.

I could be super wrong, but I am getting Quibi flashbacks...

I give it a year, at best.

• Like 1

So, my opinions nobody asked for.

I really like this greenskin creature. I really don't understand people who say that it doesn't look close enough to orruk/grot/hobgoblin - since the start GW advertised them as 'a NEW breed of evil', rumours also confirmed that. Also, we all praise AoS for it's originality and new ideas, don't we?

About the shield, I think the very obvious eye on it is the important element. Now is it familiar because the red part of the newsletter teaser, chaos mutation aesthetic, or something entirely else.

Finally, warhammer+. I'm not sure how to feel. I guess in a month or two we'll see a ,,Warhammer+ comes to Amazon/Netflix". Animations do look good though

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Also, we all praise AoS for it's originality and new ideas, don't we?

yes, we do, but looking at what we've got so far these guys looks just too "classic" to me. they definitely give off a whfb orc vibe and for me personally going back to the old world for designs just ain't it chief. but still, this is still not enough stuff to judge the whole faction on, i'm gonna have to see the minis to decide whether i like them or hate them but they're not off to a good start in my book

• Confused 1

The bit from the Warhammer Plus teaser is from the new Age of Sigmar 3 trailer coming with the reveal. Just like the trailer for the 40k reveal of Necrons vs Sororitas and Primaris. Seems AoS 3 is new stormcast vs armoured large goblins. See pics for similarities: 

May be an anime-style image of 1 person

No photo description available.

May be an image of 1 person

No photo description available.May be an anime-style imageMay be an image of 1 person

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, pitzok said:

yes, we do, but looking at what we've got so far these guys looks just too "classic" to me. they definitely give off a whfb orc vibe and for me personally going back to the old world for designs just ain't it chief. but still, this is still not enough stuff to judge the whole faction on, i'm gonna have to see the minis to decide whether i like them or hate them but they're not off to a good start in my book

I'd say the opposite,to me they seems very different to the standard ork/orc "made in Gw".

The body and heads are very different.

The intriguing part is how they'll  implement the swamp style in the army.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

Just now, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'd say the opposite,to me they seems very different to the standard ork/orc "made in Gw".

The body and heads are very different.

i meant the general stylistic of weapons and armor that we've seen, as greenskins they are unique but other than that the armor and weapons seem very reminiscent of orcs & goblins

Wow! I love them already. They're pretty much exactly what I imagined aside from the head dress. Not sure about that part. I like big headwear, but only on my evil dwarfs :P. Overall though, just from this, I'm defecting from Chaos and joining the green tide.

What I love most is that these definitely look more old-school than anything else. And I don't mean 6-8th edition fantasy old-school, I mean they look OLD-SCHOOL. Like oldhammer 3rd and earlier old-school. They give off these vibes, with only the hat making them stand-out if I were to slot them in with oldhammer orcs. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread newer AoS stuff is leaning towards classic Warhammer aesthetic like with the Soulblight stuff, and this definitely goes along with that idea.

Old Orcs 3.PNG

Old Orcs.JPG

• Like 15

2 hours ago, pitzok said:

image.png.f54778595592c0fd4b90798405afa7a3.png

here's our new guy in better quality, ngl not a fan really

edit: here's a 2nd one btw

image.png.0cfb82819d9f16b79aa11b1346a244ef.png

Same. I’m not a fan of the headpiece or the poncho that he is wearing. I was hoping for more of a jagged, scrapped together armor-warrior theme, instead of the shamanistic vibes I’m getting. 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:41 PM, Dreddships said:

I'm genuinely confused at who at GW thought that Warhammer might be able to support an entire streaming platform when they're competiting against competitors like Amazon or Netflix or Disney

They look alright - but I'd be very surprised if this turns out a profitable venture when most of us are already forking out for streaming services and, if we're not, 'lending' someone elses... 

Make it $4 / month BUT it includes the 40k app and AoS app, then fine.

Otherwise, if it's more than $1/mo, yeah, someone had an inflated view of themselves.

Edit:

I pay full price for Netflix. It's given a huge variety of enjoyable content. I also pay for a top tier cable package, but mostly for live sports (would likely drop it if I could get Penguins and Steelers games another legal way on their own). 

I get Hulu for free from my phone carrier, and would pay maybe only $3/month for it without that even though there are many good things on it.

I get Prime video included with my Amazon Prime subscription. Would maybe ... maybe pay $3/month for it in its own.

I prepaid for three years of Disney+ because it ended up being about $3/month with the deal and it has a metric poo-ton of content I like.

I don't care how much Warhammer content this new one will provide or how much I mega love my Warhammer hobby. If it's more than $1/month on its own, there's just no way it offers enough. 

Go ahead, compare it to the money I spend each month on White Dwarf. For me, for my way of enjoying the things, WD is worth it and this app would not be.

Now, tell me I can get W+ for free, or for a once per per year $9.99 add-on to a WD sub, and I'm sold.

On a more positive note, I think that goblin shield has a tongue nailed to it, just like the rumor engine.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

completely understand that Warhammer+ as a separate subscription channel is pushing it, but also I'd much rather give my money to GW rather than our corporate overlords amazon, so will be quite disappointed if it was only a prime channel

also perplexed by how they think they can generate enough content for a full channel but i hope they pull it off! want to watch new stormcast cartoons at 10am every saturday with some sugary cereal

31 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

@FFJumpnow you made me think about the very old "Red goblins/Gnolls",another interesting concept that could be salvaged by aos.

Yeah I thought of the old Fiend Factory red goblin/orcs too. I have a few of those including some of the giant tusker mounts. That would be cool if they have something like that as a monstrous mount.