The Rumour Thread

55 minutes ago, Nagash42 said:

so grimdark live says the name of the new box is called Dominion. 

the goblinoid army is called the cruel boys/z?

they look like LOTR orcs so all mangled looking and such.

They have a unit called hobgobs who apparently trade to get weapons and armor from Chaos Dwarves!

Warboss is on a weird squig/wolf/bear critter

Shame with a black pot being stirred by a snotling. 

well if anything i do applaud Grimdark live for being confident and upfront with their rumor/leaks 

anyway i am jumping the gun

59m3vg.jpg

• Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

Grimdark live also claimed Brettonian Stormcast and we got an angel, a terminator with a tiny head and a Greco-Roman phalanx so I have my doubts with anything they say to be honest. 

To claim something Is brettonianesque surely implies horses and heraldry 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Damosane said:

Grimdark live also claimed Brettonian Stormcast and we got an angel, a terminator with a tiny head and a Greco-Roman phalanx so I have my doubts with anything they say to be honest. 

To claim something Is brettonianesque surely implies horses and heraldry 

Grimdark Live DID NOT claim Bretonnian Stormcast. They specifically said they heard nothing about the Stormcast being Bretonnian esqe. They were only repeating what others said. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Has Grimdark Live had a good track record with rumors so far?

They claimed there was charge reactions.....true

They claimed there was going to be Stormcast vs Destruction.....true

They claimed a summer AoS 3.0 release......true

So far, a pretty good track record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If cruel boyz are true, it's exactly what I'm looking for in an army, theme wise.

Greasy, shifty green skins in rusted and jagged armor.
Swamps and Mires, which just happens to fit so snugly in with my Ogor army lore as well.
Lanky and bigger then moonclan grots.
I was a little worried that they would be very similar to the rippa's warband, which I didn't completely love the aesthetic of. Even if the interest was still there.

The lore connection to Chaos Dwarves is just icing on the cake. Gives them a grounded, more civilized setting to spin little mercenary and trade stories with.

LOTR sized goblinoid orcs, with that armor style from Mines of Moria, is so on my level.

I can't wait. Please god let me be able to find a launch box of this. xD

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Shankelton said:

If cruel boyz are true, it's exactly what I'm looking for in an army, theme wise.

Greasy, shifty green skins in rusted and jagged armor.
Swamps and Mires, which just happens to fit so snugly in with my Ogor army lore as well.
Lanky and bigger then moonclan grots.
I was a little worried that they would be very similar to the rippa's warband, which I didn't completely love the aesthetic of. Even if the interest was still there.

The lore connection to Chaos Dwarves is just icing on the cake. Gives them a grounded, more civilized setting to spin little mercenary and trade stories with.

LOTR sized goblinoid orcs, with that armor style from Mines of Moria, is so on my level.

I can't wait. Please god let me be able to find a launch box of this. xD

They will be ridiculously popular at launch. Cruel Boyz are going to fill out the Destruction alliance nicely. Save your money, Ladz! 

Whitefang specifically mentioned the Hobbit when it came to the new faction. So to me this just sounds like just double-confirmation on that idea. Though having actual hobgobs in the army? Hmm... I still don't know about that, but really hope so. Even if just more mentions in lore, having more Chaos Dwarfs in the background at least keeps the dream alive of new plastic Chaos Dwarfs one day.

Edit: Hashut worshipping dwarfs I mean. Not the Warcry ones like the Iron Golem and StD one :P . If I could get an update to my LoA army in plastic with a real battletome and not a PDF that'd be perfect.

Edited by FFJump
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, Scythian said:

Grimdark Live DID NOT claim Bretonnian Stormcast. They specifically said they heard nothing about the Stormcast being Bretonnian esqe. They were only repeating what others said. 

Hmm where did that rumour come from then? Seemed to spring up at the same time. 

I found it hard to pay attention to their first video to be honest because one guy kept excitedly yelling over the guy trying to give the information so it's possible I was mistaken 

2 minutes ago, Damosane said:

I found it hard to pay attention to their first video to be honest because one guy kept excitedly yelling over the guy trying to give the information so it's possible I was mistaken 

it came from Honest Wargamer but he himself admit that he didn't believe the rumor of Bretonnian SCE but wanted to put it out there

• LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Damosane said:

Grimdark said they thought the Bretonnian rumor was very doubtful and said they heard it but had no clue whether it was true. 

43 minutes ago, Scythian said:

They claimed there was charge reactions.....true

They claimed there was going to be Stormcast vs Destruction.....true

They claimed a summer AoS 3.0 release......true

So far, a pretty good track record.

Charge reactions was definitely from a source with knowledge. Everything else is what most people were guessing. 

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Charge reactions was definitely from a source with knowledge. Everything else is what most people were guessing. 

Well, unless they stole the info from Whitefang, what they're saying now is pretty much what he's been saying the whole time and he's always been right. Just has a name now and a direct callout to" Hobgobs". Seems oddly specific enough that's it probably true. It's not vague references or descriptors but direct names now which is usually what we get the closer to a release/reveal we are. They're putting their names on it too, so we'd know in the future not to trust their sources if they're wrong.

Still my guess is the army name is not Cruel Boyz but perhaps the name of a unit. Seems weirdly generic for a name in AoS lol.

Edited by FFJump

39 minutes ago, Scythian said:

They will be ridiculously popular at launch. Cruel Boyz are going to fill out the Destruction alliance nicely. Save your money, Ladz! 

I hope be true! So i gonna can sell the destruction half and get my stormcasts(only for the new hero because the other models are meh)

10 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Well, unless they stole the info from Whitefang, what they're saying now is pretty much what he's been saying the whole time and he's always been right. Just has a name now and a direct callout to" Hobgobs". Seems oddly specific enough that's it probably true. It's not vague references or descriptors but direct names now which is usually what we get the closer to a release/reveal we are. They're putting their names on it too, so we'd know in the future not to trust their sources if they're wrong.

Still my guess is the army name is not Cruel Boyz but perhaps the name of a unit. Seems weirdly generic for a name in AoS lol.

I'm not saying they're wrong or that they don't have a genuine source but third hand rumours often have a way of twisting away from the truth. 

Even when we have the models in hand there may be people who say they look like hobgoblins and others who don't. 

A piece of info like charge reactions is much easier to describe and share than the aesthetics of an army. 

3 hours ago, Nagash42 said:

so grimdark live says the name of the new box is called Dominion. 

the goblinoid army is called the cruel boys/z?

they look like LOTR orcs so all mangled looking and such.

They have a unit called hobgobs who apparently trade to get weapons and armor from Chaos Dwarves!

Warboss is on a weird squig/wolf/bear critter

Shame with a black pot being stirred by a snotling. 

I don't even care if it's not true, this sounds awesome