The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but these really look like new marauders 

7mWl79qKysQ1CDo6.jpg

GW doesn't seem have the old policy of art looking exactly like models anymore, so I wouldn't put any stock in that being indicative of an update any time soon.

• Like 4

In regards to the new faction I seem to recall that the community team imply that there were some hints in the Broken Realms short stories.

I skimmed through some of the destruction centered ones and didn’t find much outside of Orruks getting mystical about Kragnos.

31 minutes ago, Beliman said:

If I'm not wrong:

3+ save, 6" movement, 10 bravery  with 5 wounds.
4 attacks with 3+/3+,  rend 1 and Damage 2
Wizzard. Can cast 1 spell and unbind 1 spell.
Unique spelll: CV5 to enemy (?) units within 6". Ad +1 to hit when friendly units target that enemy unit (?).

Seems good to me

Some people complain because Vampires are supposed to be utter beasts in combat, while being hard to kill off. He is just a standard hero ^^

I'm glad we are getting Vampires just after Warhammer Fest ! That was a strange week, full of unexpected ups and downs... But well, OH BOY AM I HAPPY TO FINALLY SEE AOS 3RD EDITION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rules looks good (with confirmations of Grimdark Live and ListLab leaks), and I'm sure the AOS team did a good job to clarify and upgrade them.

What I absolutely LOVE are the fluff snippets ; 

• Return the focus to AOS1 post apocalyptic fluff : the Mortal Realms are still Hellish Wastelands dominated mainly by Chaos (as seen in Warcry and the Slaves to Darkness battletome) ; but Order launches "Dawnbringer" Crusades, so Hope persists 😍 (Also : another mention of Grugni - with Grombrindal, Duardrazhal and Be'lakor - really hints at an eventual Dispossessed / Chamon Duardin release soon-ish !).
  • Meanwhile, ERA OF THE BEAST and Destruction on the rise, it really was their time (really looking forward to the new grimdarky Swamp Gobs if the hints are true ;) ).
  • The new Stormcast Eternals are incredible (... even most of that other hellish wasteland that is 4chan seems to agree). And just like I hopped this new wave looks like a Warrior Chamber reboot with new "Celestant" and "Paladin" types models. I can see how they were referred to as "Knighlty" (instead of "Brets") : in the sense that their armors and weapons are more "realistic" looking (with better proportions, leather straps, etc.), but still their own thing (Art Deco, greco-roman themes, Medieval / Renaissance celestial imagery, etc.). Also, kind of an Adeptus Custodes stance for the Vindictors, love it.

In short : BRING IT ON ❤️ 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 14

32 minutes ago, KK9T said:

Looks like 20 in a box. I was right. 😎

02376116-582A-4D31-883F-D53CBCD15FBD.jpeg

32494866-C685-4CE5-962A-2D462C83D039.jpeg

I'm very, very surprised at this. I honestly thought we would see 10 zombies and 5-10 skeletons to a box. I'm likely to hold out for a battleforce or start collecting set of these (If start collecting are still a thing, they seem to be slowly being withdrawn and I'd not be surprised if we see AoS versions of combat patrols with 3rd Ed) but pleasantly surprised that my issues with these two sets of models are pretty much mitigated just from having 20 in a set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damosane said:

Honestly think it's going to be evil swamp plants or something, I can't see it being goblins as I can't imagine sigmar sending his elite new soldiers to fight some goblins In a swamp, it's a weird matchup. 

Well technically greenskinz are already half fungoid, so maybe they can be considered as evil swamp plants...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Wow ok, what a day to catch up on.

Really sad to see how Covid messed up the release schedule. Be'lakor's massive ground breaking victory, that Stormcast souls were now being blocked from returning to Azyr has just fell flat on it's face. I mean that's HUGE, this was Sigmar's best weapon and hope to fight back and this hope was now shattered, only to then straight away say, oh no problem, we got a new armour now.

That's not a problem with the lore or progression but it obviously would've been more impactful if there was an appropriate time delay between this progression. 

I honestly wasn't expecting to just see the Stormcast. I need to watch the Preview it must have been 10 minutes long haha. 

That said, exciting times indeed. Really like the new Stormcast. I think the new Paladin heads aren't quite right but definitely like the stature of the new guys. The stocky stature of the original is what made the Stormcast feel powerful though so waiting to see how the new ones look next to some baddies. 

The new character, lovely wing sculpt, absolutely love the artwork. 

Bring me Destruction.

The more I think about it the more I think that this was simply a poorly executed narrative event, the Belakor aspect I mean.

Because even without the immediate AOS 3 reveals, people would not honestly have believed SC were just going to not be a thing or die out or whatever. People would always have assumed it would be a temporary problem that Belakor had caused because if it wasnt it simply strikes too hard at an essential aspect of AOS. It would never have seemed credible for long 

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I followed the instructions they said in the article:

"Sign up for our newsletter today, and we’ll send you an exclusive hint at the mysterious threat terrorising the swamps of Ghur."

And I received the next image:

unnamed.jpg.032ed8c1911bdac362ce530de468ccab.jpg

It is clearly a Destruction army similar to the LOTR/The Hobbit Orcs and Goblins. The image resembles a lot with Peter Jackson's Gothmog or the Mordor's Uruk-Hai

Those are obviously new Horrors of Tzeentch! Pinks, blues and brimstones. :D

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KK9T said:

Looks like 20 in a box. I was right. 😎

02376116-582A-4D31-883F-D53CBCD15FBD.jpeg

32494866-C685-4CE5-962A-2D462C83D039.jpeg

Is it strange that I want to buy these models but only to paint them as ghosts and run them as Nighthaunt?

Is it even stranger that I want to do that with almost every army other than Nighthaunt?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Is it strange that I want to buy these models but only to paint them as ghosts and run them as Nighthaunt?

Is it even stranger that I want to do that with almost every army other than Nighthaunt?

With how GW ****** over Chainrasps I wouldn't blame you if you painted them as zombies and still proxied them in

I will remain strong and not buy into Soulblight

*checks bank account*

For once my bank account and the (sane?) part of my brain are in agreement!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

*checks bank account*

For once my bank account and the (sane?) part of my brain are in agreement!

I am weak, and have already bought into Soulblight

My bank account weeps

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'm very pleased they made Zombies and Skeletons as 20 troops boxes.
Hoping, if the new swamp factions will get some grots, they'll mantain that....

I guess we‘ll only get to increase the unit size in increments of 20... would make the 10 skellies and Zombies from CC utterly useless 🥲

I‘ll wait for GMG‘s Battletome review before buying anything ^^

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nos said:

The more I think about it the more I think that this was simply a poorly executed narrative event, the Belakor aspect I mean.

Because even without the immediate AOS 3 reveals, people would not honestly have believed SC were just going to not be a thing or die out or whatever. People would always have assumed it would be a temporary problem that Belakor had caused because if it wasnt it simply strikes too hard at an essential aspect of AOS. It would never have seemed credible for long 

i feel like they miss the whole step of Grugni actually going to Azyr and making the New Armor for Sigmar and if there was anything that needed to be done for those armor to be finished

The problem is that they have to start hyping 3.0 (and the new SCE armour) now, meaning they have had to prematurely reveal the solution to Belakor’s shenanigans. Narratively speaking we still have the Kragnos book to fill in the gaps in between. It would’ve been nice to have a longer gap to raise the stakes for SCE but because the 3.0 announcement has to be made now it spoils the tension somewhat. Understandable, but a shame the way it’s worked out.

• Like 3