The Rumour Thread

As for Saturday being an Eisenhorn live action reveal, I'm feeling pretty doubtful. The only reason it's even being mentioned now is the eisenhornleaks twitter with the really shoddy photoshops of supposed actors and a criminally pixelated logo.

Also, while this doesn't mean it's impossible for it to be an Eisenhorn reveal, that'd make Warhammer Fest four days of 40k to one day of AoS (2 days 40k, Black Library day only being 40k, then Saturday being 40k as well) which feels so heavily weighted as to be excessive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

As for Saturday being an Eisenhorn live action reveal, I'm feeling pretty doubtful. The only reason it's even being mentioned now is the eisenhornleaks twitter with the really shoddy photoshops of supposed actors and a criminally pixelated logo.

Also, while this doesn't mean it's impossible for it to be an Eisenhorn reveal, that'd make Warhammer Fest four days of 40k to one day of AoS (2 days 40k, Black Library day only being 40k, then Saturday being 40k as well) which feels so heavily weighted as to be excessive.

From GW's H1 financial results in January

"Our development work on a TV series, based on the Eisenhorn series of novels, continues with the appointment of industry agency representation to help us place the project. We’re a little behind our initial target dates but we remain patient as this industry returns to some normality."

(Emphasis added) 

Guess that means they've not made a huge amount of progress on it in the (nearly two years) since it was first announced. 

• Like 2

Guess an Eisenhhorn rveal would definately fit more with a reveal tagged as Mystery. If it turn out to be this, or i.e. ToW or whatever, and not AOS 3.0 reveal, than still I would think there might be at least some little hint or teaser at teh end of everything, like i.e. what they did with Johan flying for Curtsed City. 

Thats basically what I expect for now.... AOS not the main reveal, but something else,, probably less anticpated, but a final shot at teh end of the reveal or vid that gve us a glimps of AOS 3.0 comming, which makes it a confrimation of what we already know :)

First models revealed not before end of this month, I think

37 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Totally agree with that. But then, its a livestream lasting around 30-40mins, so they're going to have to fill it with other stuff too  which I imagine will be non-AoS.

Oh of course mate. I'm sure there will be stuff for 40K, HH and others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Could Saturday not be multiple reveals?

I think it will be, no reason to not use more time on a weekend and I see zero reason for WarhammerTV or AOS3.0 to take the whole spot if they can fit both of those within 1 or 2 hours.

If the mystery doesn't include anything AOS that'd mean 4/6 days are 40k (with boxed games making it more like 4.5) which just feels wrong for an event that's supposed to be all-things-Warhammer.

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Is it on at 6 again

Saturday is also 6 BST yeah

I'd also like to posit that if GW really is not going to say anything about Cursed City, the PR move would be to start showing 3.0 ASAP--which would be Saturday

Edited by CommissarRotke

I doubt we'll ever hear anything about Cursed City until/if they declare a Made-to-Order run. Most people have short memories before an edition reveal - remember how the mass "these price rises are too much, I'm out!" posts everywhere on the 'net until Indomitus was revealed like a week later and suddenly the same people were raving how they're going to buy at least two?

GW know brand loyalty to their products is the stuff religious leaders would envy. It's probably easier for them to let people burn themselves out asking about it and then move on to buying the next big shiny.

If anything the wariness surrounding whether or not something is a limited edition will be a POSITIVE for them in the long-run because it ensures people are frantically buying it at 10am on the off chance they might regret missing out, coupled with the unknown of them being limited or not. Look at Black Library Limited Editions - stuff like The Warmaster LE and certain Primarch LEs were up for over a year, but the climate surrounding Siege of Terra's LEs has led to this weird kind of artificial hype where none wants to miss out on even the most unremarkable LEs and they almost always sell out within the hour, if not minutes.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

Regarding the CC box set. I think it was meant to definitely help get people interested in SBGL and stop early models to start but I am really hoping for something for along the lines of a promo boxset. I imagine it would be really hard for GW to fill the demand for the SBGL at this time with their production capabilities but right now I am all in on the army as long as it isn't too expensive. If Skellies come in 10 packs etc and no promo box set I may wait for the future and then 'Bite' 🧛‍♂️

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Mod edit - to remove comment to spark argument
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

Step 1. Complain about Elf releases and the LRL.

Step 2. Complain about how you dislike others getting attention for their elf toy soldiers.

Step 3. Complain about someone saying you're a constant complainer (in a silly way) in the Rumours thread. Ok buddy 😂.

Regarding the CC box set. I think it was meant to definitely help get people interested in SBGL and stop early models to start but I am really hoping for something for along the lines of a promo boxset. I imagine it would be really hard for GW to fill the demand for the SBGL at this time with their production capabilities but right now I am all in on the army as long as it isn't too expensive. If Skellies come in 10 packs etc and no promo box set I may wait for the future and then 'Bite' 🧛‍♂️ the bullet.

Thankfull it looks like we might be getting cheaper battleline (on the wallet anyway) in Dire Wolves, but yeah, scared that zombies and skellies are gonna come in 10's. When was the last time minis came in 20's anyway? Mortek?

17 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Thankfull it looks like we might be getting cheaper battleline (on the wallet anyway) in Dire Wolves, but yeah, scared that zombies and skellies are gonna come in 10's. When was the last time minis came in 20's anyway? Mortek?

Pretty sure mortek was the last yea! 

More Silent People!! https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/07/keep-it-quiet-but-heres-a-look-at-the-silent-menace-deck-for-warhammer-underworlds/

I would say this is final confirmation they're going to be insectoids; lots of swarming cards, and things like acid attacks or chitin armor :)

WHUW SilentMenace May7 Cards2p

Edited by CommissarRotke
used smaller picture
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

More Silent People!! https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/07/keep-it-quiet-but-heres-a-look-at-the-silent-menace-deck-for-warhammer-underworlds/

I would say this is final confirmation they're going to be insectoids; lots of swarming cards, and things like acid attacks or chitin armor :)

WHUW SilentMenace May7 Cards2p

Oooh, I'll be dissecting this late for sure!

• Like 1

Did make me chuckle today thinking about this. 

"alright chaps we've had our previews, now time to analyse the feedback at what our customer base really thought about our innovative new creations from our pool of utterly original ideas.

What was it lads, did they love the amazing Centaur monster Vampire Queen, ooo, perhaps the brain robot squid, oh no, surely they absolutely loved the remaster of the glorious Gaunts Ghosts, surely that was their favourite. "

"........ It was, the crab, sir, just, the crab. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

As a big IDK fan (not a player yet unfortunately - Loomies gotta take precedence and the budget is always limited) I have to say I would definitely like to see more like Mr Crabby in the IDK - that being more wacky sea creatures and ocean-based units. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that new Aelf units is a bad thing, either, because as things are they’re in the same boat as the Fyreslayers, Warclans, Sylvaneth, and FEC - desperately needing a second wave (hehe wave), so any models would be welcome.

Howsabout we all chill out and enjoy the crab, eh? Bickering about it isn’t gonna get us anywhere. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

But that doesn’t necessarily mean that new Aelf units is a bad thing, either, because as things are they’re in the same boat as the Fyreslayers, Warclans, Sylvaneth, and FEC - desperately needing a second wave (hehe wave), so any models would be welcome.

Noone said that that would be bad. It was merely stated that we'd find more crabs and creatures like that cooler than other possible new units. Doesn't exclude new elf stuff tho... I also stated that I'm all for more IDK as they're an unfinished army, just like FEC, FS, IJ and the others...

Salty fits the ocean theme. 

2 minutes ago, Yoid said:

Well, we all can agree in liking the crab. So they only need to release a second wave of mercenary crabs that can be allied in any faction.

Arkhan the black comes back as the Arkrab the Black

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Clewzy said:

Arkhan the black comes back as the Arkrab the Black

"Nagash, my Lord, I understand you are mad about my failure! But...a Crab? Have my deeds dissapoint you that much?" -

"Shut up and be thankfull you are not a shrimp!"

• Haha 3