The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Angela said:

I really missed TGA! I made a pilgrimage to my localish Warhammer store yesterday and the guy there was telling me that all resin and metal models would be replaced by plastic by the end of next year and he had been told that this June and July would be the “Summer if Sigmar” , so it sounds like this crazy pace of releases will continue! 

If this is true, that's HUGE news for armies such as Skaven. I would love nothing more for this to be true!!

• Like 4

The Stormcast 'no more reforging' seems to give some explanation to the 'Bretonnian SCE' a bit more sense.

Seems a nice lore sense for why we would need questing knights if they're tasked with protecting areas where reforging isn't possible.

Plus if we are seeing stormhosts being destroyed, having a band of SCE with banners of 'their old hosts' etc. to give us that Bretonnia homage? 

• LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If this is true, that's HUGE news for armies such as Skaven. I would love nothing more for this to be true!!

I would love nothing more for it to be true, but we really should temper expectations here. He'd also be talking about 40k, and the sheer amount of stuff in craftworlds *alone* that would get plastic kits would be enough for a primaris-level ongoing release

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

I would love nothing more for it to be true, but we really should temper expectations here. He'd also be talking about 40k, and the sheer amount of stuff in craftworlds *alone* that would get plastic kits would be enough for a primaris-level ongoing release

Very true mate. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Not only that, it could also mean they just plan to discontinue stuff without (immediately) replacing them.

Edited by Pvarron
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pvarron said:

Not only that, it could also mean they just plan to discontinue stuff without (immediately) replacing them.

My husband’s take on it was that lots of stuff would get squatted.  I was just so excited because Seraphon was my first army, and I’ve had so much trouble with resin models. 

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

If I was forced to make a bet on it, I would say that Kragnos will be the leader of the destruction faction that is coming in the 3rd edition starter box which may be Hobgoblinesque. 

Personally I hope they are a bit more exotic. I would love a new Kurnothi army or a silent people army. 

The other big question is whether Broken Realms 4 is the last in the series. I really hope we get at least one more. 

Yeah, cause more Aelves are what you'd call exotic in the Mortal Realms! 😎

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Does TGA look weird to anyone else? I can't see whose post is whose at the moment!

You'll always know which ones are mine. 💖  It's usually about Tzeentch... bah, who am I kidding, I'm hating on Aelves, yay!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dreddships said:

The Stormcast 'no more reforging' seems to give some explanation to the 'Bretonnian SCE' a bit more sense.

Seems a nice lore sense for why we would need questing knights if they're tasked with protecting areas where reforging isn't possible.

Plus if we are seeing stormhosts being destroyed, having a band of SCE with banners of 'their old hosts' etc. to give us that Bretonnia homage? 

Where have these Stormcast Bretonnia rumors come from? I've seen these but never seen a source 

21 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Does TGA look weird to anyone else? I can't see whose post is whose at the moment!

they updated it a few minutes ago.

53 minutes ago, Angela said:

My husband’s take on it was that lots of stuff would get squatted.  I was just so excited because Seraphon was my first army, and I’ve had so much trouble with resin models. 

they better not squat more of my weapon teams.

I think I may have figured out the new Idoneth Underworlds Warband. These specific pieces seem more organic than BoC and Orruk models and also more aquatic, so it seems like the models maybe some sort of IDK hunters and a Beastmaster using a flute like a pied piper with some critters in the warband for good measure.

Idk.png

Idk2.png

Idk3.png

idk4.png

idk5.png

IDK6.png

Idk7.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Yes, but only on mobile - forcing Firefox for android to display the site in desktop mode fixes it, but is generally more awkward to use...but better than not knowing who's saying what, the personas of TGA is like, half the fun!

As for,  @PhoenixLord
I believe the source for the Brettonian SCE rumours stem from Honest Wargamer, I think this is the OG source? https://soundcloud.com/the-honest-wargamer/bretonnian-stormcasts

Edited by Public Universal Duardin
Typo, adding a reply to not clog the forum
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Yes, but only on mobile - forcing Firefox for android to display the site in desktop mode fixes it, but is generally more awkward to use...but better than not knowing who's saying what, the personas of TGA is like, half the fun!

As for,  @PhoenixLord
I believe the source for the Brettonian SCE rumours stem from Honest Wargamer, I think this is the OG source? https://soundcloud.com/the-honest-wargamer/bretonnian-stormcasts

Any idea how to make this work for Chrome? I feel so lost, damn Tzeentch I hate change!!

3 hours ago, Angela said:

The problem with that is, especially Seraphon, most resin stuff is heroes. Kill off all resin and seraphon are left with a Saurus Oldblood and Skink Starpriest (not including the various mounted heroes or the new Kroak)