The Rumour Thread

GW is including a printed booklet with updated points for ALL 40k units in the next white dwarf. I don't follow 40k that closely - is this a new book or a reprint of another book?

WD462Preview Mar3 Image2k

How would you feel about getting point updates for AOS through white dwarf instead of the current update system of posting them online twice a year?

Edited by PJetski

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

GW is including a printed booklet with updated points for ALL 40k units in the next white dwarf. I don't follow 40k that closely - is this a new book or a reprint of another book?

WD462Preview Mar3 Image2k

How would you feel about getting point updates for AOS through white dwarf instead of the current update system of posting them online twice a year?

My understanding is this is just a printed version of the points changes that are already available online. So it doesn't serve that much function.

• Like 1

Interesting model. Another unclear article. Surely this model will be part of a Cursed City expansion given the lore but odd that they didn't come right out and say that. Could he be the 9th playable hero? I had my doubts it would be a new model, but seems like he has a bone to pick with Radukar.

• Like 1

He could be in a Cursed City expansion. But lets not forget that all of these characters in Cursed City are getting AoS warscrolls. They may just be super crappy like a lot of the underworlds warbands AoS warscrolls or they might actually be decent, who knows. However we've seen a lot about bloodlines or dynasties, so I think that the new Soulblight Gravelords sub allegiances will likely be different bloodlines / dynasties. This guy could be a named character for one of them.

• Like 1

Oh man that's so gross, those tails. I love it. Fantastic model, really enjoying this seeming focus on the more obviously folkloric aspects of vampires.

I can see this dude being the central part of an expansion for Cursed City. What's that, you slew Radukar and freed the city? Surprise, look who just showed up at the gates, it's another vampire, only this guy's more cunning, harder to kill, and has a legitimate claim to rulership of the city as one of its pre-Radukar nobility! He says get the hell out, it's now called Rottenkarn!

• Like 5

Starting to think Cursed City might be the framework for the Soulblight Gravrlords faction? 

LoN won't get scrapped and will keep as is, but having Gravelords be a specific more 'cities' faction of Death?

The Wight King model doesn't seem to fit with this 'Renissance' death - so wonder if LoN will get a focus with a more 'medieval' Memento Mori style death with Gravelords being the more later Renaissance style ala. Cursed City w/ the Vampire Hussar etc.

Edited by Dreddships

Christ yes, imagine how this dude appears to skaven. He's the equivalent of a rat-man who suddenly dissolves into a swarm of tiny naked men running around your ankles and biting you.

More generally between him, Radukar, the red-haired one from the potato cam, and the WHU warband, we now have seen what are basically seven plastic vampire lords. They'll no doubt get specific AoS warscrolls but it's a rather good spread for vampire players.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2