The Rumour Thread

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys... so far from what we've seen from the gravelords, they'll be exactly what most warhammer undead fans were looking for - I'm not a death player but I'm quite excited for the release. I actually hope someone in our group will collect them. Maybe the Nurgle guy, who needs Nurgle anyways? I hate Nurgle almost as much as Lumineth. CAW CAAAW! *BIRD RAGE* 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

59 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

This is just a bit of speculation but what if Gravelords is split into 3 sub groups like Gloomspite Gitz? For example you would have Soulblight, Deathrattle , and Necromancer/Zombies

I see it more as a hierarchy with Soulblight at the top. No doubt we will see subfactions that enable Deathrattle/Deadwalker/Soulblight only lists, though. Deathrattle and Soulblight are already barely playable as their own list. It would not take much to make them full subfactions.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Way to crush me dreams....

I lived the illusion that StD follow the Lumineth and get a new book and units

I think the next Broken Realms book is Teclis versus Nagash. So a new Death unit or two makes sense. The 3rd book is Alarielle versus Be’lakor, it seems. Maybe we will see some new Chaos stuff in addition to Be’lakor’s new model. 

• LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I know you're joking, but new Beasts of Chaos that are mishmashes of different animals is exactly what AOS needs

you say that, that's what it used to be when it all started.

citcomp2034-01.jpg

2 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

I remember White Dwarf #179 being my first, and that's apparently November 1994...

WD179.jpg

That would have made me 12. Sounds about right...

Oh... and Issue 43!!  I'd just started playing D&D, and back then it was the UK RPG community magazine catering for everyone.  Dragon Magazine from the USA for D&D players was nigh on impossible to get hold of regularly.

Probably where I get my love of chaos chariots!

white-dwarf-43pdf-lskiorg.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

I think the next Broken Realms book is Teclis versus Nagash. So a new Death unit or two makes sense. The 3rd book is Alarielle versus Be’lakor, it seems. Maybe we will see some new Chaos stuff in addition to Be’lakor’s new model. 

This is the most logical thing to me. We have Soulblight warband coming out in April, cursed city soon and we know Teclis is going to Shyish. This is where we should see Soulblight Gravelords. Then we have been teased with a new Be'lakor model and have very good reason to believe the third BR book will be Alarielle. So a Be'lakor model with some more Chaos stuff during BR: Alarielle would make sense.

Because this is the most logical result, I'm going to go on record and say this doesn't happen at all like this 😂

38 minutes ago, 123lac said:

Gravelords release with plastic blood knights and hopefully updated skeleton and zombie kits. What else needs updating from that range? The wight king on foot? 

Well from Cursed City it looks like bat swarm and/or fell bats are getting updated. So aside from adding brand new units there isn't much else that needs updating (model wise).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

This is just a bit of speculation but what if Gravelords is split into 3 sub groups like Gloomspite Gitz? For example you would have Soulblight, Deathrattle , and Necromancer/Zombies

As a Gloomspite-Player: You don't want this. The Gloomspite subfactions have zero synergie between each other, which makes fielding mixed lists very awkward. And if you go Trolls only you have an extremely limited pool of units to choose from and almost no synergies between them.  The recent WD somewhat fixed this by giving us more options to go all-out on Squigs. 

Another negative example here is Khorne. You can either go full Mortals or full Daemons but there isn't a Tribe for a mixed list and not much synergie between them. 

IF the Gravelords get subfactions I want them to be well designed! I want to be able to go full mono-subfaction and still have a force with some nice combos that doesn't feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot for taking it. And I also want to be able to make lists with mixed subfactions that still feel like a coherent force with combos and synergies between the units. 

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1