The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Pariah255 said:

Just watched the preview for Bel'akor again....why is there a dead/dying chaos knight near his feet? Is he absorbing his soul? To what end? Why is his sword on fire? I NEED ANSWERS

Clearly it is Archaon and Be'Lakor is taking his place back at the top! In all honesty I think it is representing a change to his narrative as he will likely become more rebellious towards Archy. I can imagine that it also indicates some form of continued support for Chaos Ascendent although I assume he will still be properly included in Slaves to Darkness as he is our best named character. I just feel like Chaos Ascendant might get included in our next tome although Be'Lakor clearly also has mortal followers in lore as he was worshipped throughout Ulgu. Although, I might have to snatch up the only copy of Wrath and Rapture left in the city soon either way... 🧐

14 minutes ago, calcysimon said:

oh boy Belakor wings ARE HUGE!    😍

I have a feeling he is going to be the Slaves to Darkness equivalent of a Greater Demon!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

Damn, I love everything showed. This year started so well.

Cursed City

Whatever it cost I will buy is. Like all models, no exception. Also really happy to finally see some cool zombies ...not sure if I prefer them all having stuff on their back (seem to be GW thing these days), but it is so much better than the current zombie range, And the idea itself having them crawl out of the ground, roots grown into their bodies, yes  .. hype is the mother of all disappointments, but hell can't stop it.

WHU Bonespliterz

Love them...as I like all warbands revealed so far...probably buy them all. Best season so far model wise.

LRL

really happy for the LRL players, think that are some great models completing the range. Just what it needed. Scenery piece is awesome too., New BT, yeah that feels a bit lame, but if I understand correctly there will be a way just to have the updated rules if you already got the previous one. Sounds like sort of fix for something that wasn't originally planned.. 

The Nighthaunt guy 

I just completed my NH army... now it isn't complete anymore, thanks GW ;)...not sure what I think of him...I like it, but I don't know somehow not completely convinced...maybe it just yet the other big think on the back...Will buy it anyway.

Wight King

Cool, great improvement of the original model...glad it is the next thing that seems to confirm a major release for Soulblight on the horizon.

Be'Lakor

Looks good, seems that it got detailed base as well, maybe a display type of model like Kavalos...lokok,ing forward to see a full reveal

Bottom line, seems that I have to sell my house.

Edited by Lowki

2 minutes ago, Pariah255 said:

Just watched the preview for Bel'akor again....why is there a dead/dying chaos knight near his feet? Is he absorbing his soul? To what end? Why is his sword on fire? I NEED ANSWERS

I KNOW RIGHT?

I'm not a demon-player, but Be'lakor is to me maybe the most iconic of the demon-line. Back in the mid-to-late-2000s when GW used to publish those annual catalogues (does any grognard here remember those?) and I used to read them ALL the time and day dream of models I could, at the time, not afford...and Be'lakor, this dark, menacing demon, always stood out to me. He's maybe my favourite demon character to date - the fact the catalogues eventually fell apart from extensive reading and the memory of that (then and, tbh, to me still) amazing old model make me SO hyped to see him updated!

...okay now I am thinking I should start playing demons just for Be'lakor...

• LOVE IT! 4

1 hour ago, Bolfrig Bearhide said:

Considering how the general consensus is that the first few armies introduced to AoS have been left very sparse, I think it’s good that they’re fleshing out the newer armies. Of course I’d love them to go back and do some work on the Fyreslayers and Ironjawz, but I’d rather they not create even more armies with their issue as they go along. 

That’s fine, but they should fix the older small armies (Fyreslayers, Ironjawz, Flesh-Eaters etc) first, rather than the newest one

i mean, to be fair, pretty much every army has more units than Fyreslayers but it’s still a bit of an insult when every new army gets more stuff, or even armies like Slaanesh and Lumineth getting a wave 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

What's interesting is that this rumour engine wasn't solved by the Bonesplitterz Warband

2020-05-12.jpg

(And I also don't see this one anywhere on the Quest miniatures)

Wrong, one of the objective markers

2020-07-28.jpg

Also these

2020-10-27.jpg2020-11-03.jpg2020-11-17.jpg2020-12-10.jpg

Middle is one of the Ogors is it not? Bottom was the Nighthaunt hero?

as for the flute thing, I always thought it was Flesh-Eaters/Vampires

32 minutes ago, Lich King said:

Nice looking previews- as usual amazing models. But as someone who already has an LON collection and wants very little of the new stuff - I was really hoping for a Battletome Soulblight Gravelords announcement to just have a birds-eye-view idea of the army. 
   I think they will still merge a lot of old and new together in the tome and there are lots of rumors of FEC joining in. But I still want that confirmation !

I think the Wight King model has given us the view of what Soulblight will be. They said in the preview he is for soulblight, meaning skellies will likely be absorbed into the army too. If skellies go, I'd assume zombies will too. They also said we would see more soulblight in this preview, when showing the wight king. We then saw new skellies/zombies/bats/giant bat thing/vampire unit for warhammer quest, which leads me to believe these (or at least some of these) will be added as well.

He also said the wight king will be added, as well as a few other new models, to the soulblight range. Meaning we arent getting a full new release but more likely a handful of new sculpts and a lot of LoN units lumped in, essentially my opinion is that gravelords will replace LoN.

• Like 2

The Lumineth battletome, my theory is that this stuff was all supposed to be included originally, but due to COVID they weren’t going to be able to bring out all the models on time so removed the ‘wave 2’ stuff from the book.

I didn’t buy into Lumineth, but I’m still annoyed by a new battletome so soon as it sets a bad president for it happening to others. I also felt Slaanesh was too soon. I don’t think any faction should go through multiple books in a single edition (not including updating from a previous edition). Daughters Of Khaine battletome was fine as theirs was from aos1 (regardless of weather it was written for aos2 or not), I’m disappointed it didn’t come with new models however, and insulted that it played the unwanted stepchild next to the Slaanesh release (why no warscroll cards? why no single release Ironscale when Slaanesh got the Lord Of Pain?  Why such low effort basic looking dice when Slaanesh gets fancy looking ones etc)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

The Lumineth battletome, my theory is that this stuff was all supposed to be included originally, but due to COVID they weren’t going to be able to bring out all the models on time so removed the ‘wave 2’ stuff from the book.

I didn’t buy into Lumineth, but I’m still annoyed by a new battletome so soon as it sets a bad president for it happening to others. I also felt Slaanesh was too soon. I don’t think any faction should go through multiple books in a single edition (not including updating from a previous edition). Daughters Of Khaine battletome was fine as theirs was from aos1 (regardless of weather it was written for aos2 or not), I’m disappointed it didn’t come with new models however, and insulted that it played the unwanted stepchild next to the Slaanesh release (why no warscroll cards? why no single release Ironscale when Slaanesh got the Lord Of Pain?  Why such low effort basic looking dice when Slaanesh gets fancy looking ones etc)

The Lumineth battletome was with the printers way before COVID. GW made this decision well before Covid, they clearly wants to break this up into multiple releases.

Bearing in mind we haven’t seen Tyrion, the other 5 great nations, and have only one Temple unit so far (Alarith Guard) there’s at least one more wave to go even after this one.

• Like 4

The problem for Lumineth was that they were supposed to be all out early last year; instead Corona messed them up and turned them into a half release then and a half release at the end of the year. So a good few have only just got started with them by the time this second wave is landing. GW clearly planned it long term like this; a decent chunk to get started with the tome and then a massive update in the campaign book. The new battletime is just a consolidation of the two - old tome and new campaign book. 

So I noticed the Cursed City comes with a warscroll guide. A quick glimpse across the undead forces and I see 10 skeletal guardsman, 3 werewolf-vamps, 3 fell bats, 1 vargheist, a bunch of heroes and a unit of new zombies. If they all translate into AOS units,combined with the weight king and vampire leaks,  it would appear that this year might see an invigoration of the entire death rattle, zombie and soulblight subfactions. Hello new legion of nagash. 

• Like 1

I am really not the fanboy type of guy, but I have to admit that the mini quality that GW is producing, is getting better and better with every release. Even when you think that the last release was soo top notch, it can't get any better... Here they come again.

Just awesome stuff today...

Edited by rosa
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

It wont be an elephant. it will have eagle claws and duck feet and a 36" reach, mortal wound causing squid trunk. 😝

I'd really feel for Slaves players if Lommies recieved a war elephant before them, like damn, straight slap to the face!! 🤣 

Who am I kidding though, that wont be till wave 7 of Loomies. 😁

Heh, in all seriousness though they do have some fantastic sculpts.

So excited for tomorrow!!! I've even been preplanning a paint scheme for the new bonesplitterz. 20210215_234248.jpg.a0af452f2c5f28b4ce077a46ede41f50.jpg

Going with a "they tattoo themselves all black and less bright colors" scheme. Cant wait to get them under the brush!!👍

Great minds and such ;)

2021-01-22.jpg

• Like 4

Like most of you I really enjoyed the preview. I even don't mind the new Lumineth tome, so long as the original tome + broken realms will give a complete set of rules. If you need the new tome for updated battle traits or whatever that aren't in Broken Realms then I'll be peeved by that as it's way too soon for a forced battletome purchase.

All that being said, there was one very bittersweet moment in the preview for me. Ellania and Ellathor feature a component that I have been wanting for years: a realistic normal scale flying owl. There are plenty of perching owls in the various Sylvaneth kits and plenty of flying hawks, but no flying owls.

I even went so far as to commission a known sculptor to make a couple for me for the purposes of casting. Sadly he took my cash and never delivered.

Now I am super happy that such a bit exists, but depressed that it's a one-off piece in a hero kit that will therefore be all but impossible to get in quantity XD

I just hope my grey plastic tzeentch battleforce from christmas doesn't see the way I look at those shiny new models. I need to get everything besides Gardus (haven't read his book, so he's kinda neutral to me) a couple of lumineth (don't like the twins, caligrapher dude and the cloud rider) and orrukz. Besides them, at some point I'm getting all of those things. I was squealing like a little girl with every reveal. So, who wants to have some nice kidneys?

I am glad we counted with @Chikout "only" on three videos for AOS in the preview because oh boy that Be'lakor one sure BLOWED MY MIND UP  :P:P:P and the Lumineth, the NH Cruciator, Gardus and of course WHQ are all glorious : BEST preview ever IMO. 

So, three "educated" guesses based on the info we got : 

1) Soulblight Gravelords is once again confirmed as a new faction coming later this year, as that Wight King is in there I guess in replacement of Legions of Nagash.

2) Apparently, the Nighthaunt tortuer and Gardus Steelsoul are paired together AND are related to the Broken Realms narrative. Maybe a dual box to go with Broken Realms : Alarielle ? (BTW, today's White Dwarf confirms Broken Realms in related to the "Aelven Pantheon"). And Gardus has great bond with Alarielle so it could fit for a book set in Ghyran. And Nighthaunt didn't get rules in BR : Morathi or BR : Teclis, so they could get some love in BR : Alarielle. 

3) Speaking of BR, the Be'lakor blurb in the preview ties him too with Broken Realms, which basically confirms it was him at the end of BR : Morathi and in the last short story. I can't wait to get hiiiiiimmmmmmmmmm. I pray to the power above he fill infiltres Azyr and destroy the Sigmarabulum, that would be a great revenge on Archaon to break the Heavens first. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • LOVE IT! 1