The Rumour Thread

They've at least an hour to fill, with each reveal having a ten minute slot to hear Adam rave about how he thinks the designers have outdone themselves, so that means probably 5 reveals. My guesses:

• Lumineth silhouettes are a given.
  • Soulblight Deathlords have an extremely strong possibility to showup.
  • Cursed City - especially if some can be used in Deathlords.
  • Full Savage Orc warband reveal for Underworlds - maybe an Ossiarch teaser?
  • That leaves one more slot and I'd guess for a new War Cry splat book and/or warband maybe? Could also cover something Black Library or perhaps even Broken Realms 3?

They could also throw in a wildcard and have something not AoS such as reveal the Easterlings for Lord of the Rings that were teased right before the last Preview.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

You're not mistaken.

You've just  not realised that its the new units for the bone reapers. The back ground is that they defeated a forgetown or duardin forgehold and now after creating their troops they dip them in liquid metal to give them even more armour and the rifles are green because they defeated the skaven who had defeated the forge owners and how have ossiarched the skaven warp weapons  in their own image.

You may now breath a sigh of relief and carry on..

Please man... don't give them any ideas

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They've at least an hour to fill, with each reveal having a ten minute slot to hear Adam rave about how he thinks the designers have outdone themselves, so that means probably 5 reveals. My guesses:

• Lumineth silhouettes are a given.
  • Soulblight Deathlords have an extremely strong possibility to showup.
  • Cursed City - especially if some can be used in Deathlords.
  • Full Savage Orc warband reveal for Underworlds - maybe an Ossiarch teaser?
  • That leaves one more slot and I'd guess for a new War Cry splat book and/or warband maybe? Could also cover something Black Library.

That's assuming it's all AoS which is doubtful, tho would be great if it were. 

They've still to show off the new Easterling stuff for LOTR and what seems to be new inquisitor stuff for 40k. 

Add to that we don't know what's coming next for bloodbowl, warcry or the 40k boxed games. 

I'm still just going to assume it's just the Lumineth, so that everything else is a bonus. 

GW said there will be a brand new battletome in February! 
Either they show it this weekend, or we get another big reveal next week. 

I am still hoping for a Malerion battletome.
First, he is a realm lord (realm of shadows)

Second his mother became a god and he is not pleased about that.

listen to my words guys!😊👍

Duardin  Forgelords

Moose Realmlords

Tyrion ToLateToThePartyLords

Malerion StillAShadowOfHimselfLords

Slaaneshi HittingOnFoursIsTheNewEliteAndWeDontKnowWhatHappenedToOurChaosWarriorsLords

Vampire PleaseDontUseTheStakeLords

GW NotHavingEnoughContentForThePreviewSoTheyHaveToFillTimeByShowingModelsTheyVeAlreadyShownThriceAndShoutingEmptyPraisesSoYouShouldRatherHaveALookAtWHCAFewHoursLaterInsteadOfWastingYourTimeLords

could be anything 

maybe even more DoK ForSomeReasonNotInTheNewBTLadies, who knows 😬

6DD41A99-B389-4EE6-A7C8-693A23995C76.jpeg

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Duardin  Forgelords

Moose Realmlords

Tyrion ToLateToThePartyLords

Malerion StillAShadowOfHimselfLords

Vampire PleaseDontUseTheStakeLords

GW NotHavingEnoughContentForThePreviewSoTheyHaveToFillTimeWithEmptyPraisesSoYouShouldRatherHaveALookAtWHCAFewHoursLaterInsteadOfWastingYourTimeLords

They talk about Realm Lords. Behind each realm there is only one Lord!🤷🏼‍♂️

sorry for the double post! The editing went horrible wrong!

Edited by Gesundheit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

GW said there will be a brand new battletome in February! 
Either they show it this weekend, or we get another big reveal next week. 

I am still hoping for a Malerion battletome.
First, he is a realm lord (realm of shadows)

Second his mother became a god and he is not pleased about that.

listen to my words guys!😊👍

It’s just the Hedonites and DoK books. They didn’t mean brand new as in never before seen, just new. There’s only one more release week in February, it’s unlikely to be AoS after a big AoS week, and it’s not going to be a brand new army that’s had no teasing or reveals. And the Realm Lords stuff is most likely the next AoS release as it’s the next thing we’ve seen the most of. 

14 hours ago, Matrindur said:

2F6dhWrzngfV5F7G.jpg

We get a new Warhammer Preview next week and based on the name it will ne AoS focused

I'm very excited.

We have to expect al least 4 announcements, of course not all of them would be for AoS but you understand me.

P.S. Nobody is talking about a posible Destruction announcement...  *sob* *sob*

Edited by Nezzhil

13 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

Really hope they man up and rewrite the whole LRL book with the new release to remove the layered cheese and non-interactive game mechanics, in line with the new Slaanesh and DoK books. No more 5+ rerolling mortals at 30" range ignoring LOS would be a good first step. 

Which, of course, means that the rooriders are probably going to have mortals on a 4+ to hit. 

Wouldn't it be nice if that kind of rebalancing was possible? But can you imagine the (very justified) anger from people who would have their 500 Dollaridoo army obsoleted a little more than a year after release? "Sowwy guys uwu! We did an oopsie! Now throw your old army in the trash and buy all these new models instead!"

I'm all for getting comfortable with the transience of rules in AoS, but that would be a bit much even for me.

12 hours ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

My theory is they reveal Soulblight officially as part of a two-faction battlebox. Realm-lords versus Gravelords.

I would love it. My wallet would not.

That would be following the BR: Morathi model, where they had a Daughters/Hedonites box. If we think Gravelords will release like Hedonites, in between BR: Teclis and BR III, then I don't think a duel box is unlikely.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Wouldn't it be nice if that kind of rebalancing was possible? But can you imagine the (very justified) anger from people who would have their 500 Dollaridoo army obsoleted a little more than a year after release? "Sowwy guys uwu! We did an oopsie! Now throw your old army in the trash and buy all these new models instead!"

I'm all for getting comfortable with the transience of rules in AoS, but that would be a bit much even for me.

That would be following the BR: Morathi model, where they had a Daughters/Hedonites box. If we think Gravelords will release like Hedonites, in between BR: Teclis and BR III, then I don't think a duel box is unlikely.

I’m of the impression that won’t happen as there’s no preexisting Gravelords army to draw from like the Morathi set had. I think it will be how hedonittes has launched after BR, and Lumineth will be alongside BR Teclis.

I did think maybe OBR would share a box with Lumineth but it would make sense for them to have a decent BR box as they haven’t got a start collecting yet  

Just now, SirSalabean said:

I’m of the impression that won’t happen as there’s no preexisting Gravelords army to draw from like the Morathi set had. I think it will be how hedonittes has launched after BR, and Lumineth will be alongside BR Teclis.

It's possible if Gravelords are a revamp of Legions of Nagash. The duel box could then be Lumineth vs. Legions with the new Vampire Lord as the box hero. The Gravelord troops could be skeleton focussed or partially new sculpts for old units (Blood Knights, for example).

12 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Well, we have Sigmar the God-King.. ;)

I think Realmlords for Broken Realms: Teclis is the msot likely. Or maybe Batteltome 2? Also possible. Gravelords is possible, but I think they're later in the timeline, so maybe we get some of the Warhammer Quest instead.

Ah, we have a king then.

So we need a "Prince and Emperor"!

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's possible if Gravelords are a revamp of Legions of Nagash. The duel box could then be Lumineth vs. Legions with the new Vampire Lord as the box hero. The Gravelord troops could be skeleton focussed or partially new sculpts for old units (Blood Knights, for example).

I think if they did something like that, then BR Teclis would be more about them instead of OBR being the focus. The WD, which follows the story of BR Teclis is also about OBR and FEC. 

Maybe the first hint today will show us where this is leading. 

1 minute ago, LuminethMage said:

I think if they did something like that, then BR Teclis would be more about them instead of OBR being the focus. The WD, which follows the story of BR Teclis is also about OBR and FEC. 

I think Gravelords will be the slaanesh newborn of the book 

3 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (I did not buy BR: Morathi and mostly know the narrative second hand), but in BR: Morathi the duel box was Daughters vs. Slaanesh, even though the Slaanesh plotline only started after the events of BR: Morathi. Or was there a big Daughters/Hedonites showdown in the book that I am forgetting?

I doubt Gravelords will be released before Cursed City, or even in the next few months after. Warhammer Quest is one of their flagship releases this year so they will want to space them out a fair bit considering Gravelords is likely the army version of the Cursed City Villains. We technically haven’t even had the official teaser for Soulblight yet. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (I did not buy BR: Morathi and mostly know the narrative second hand), but in BR: Morathi the duel box was Daughters vs. Slaanesh, even though the Slaanesh plotline only started after the events of BR: Morathi. Or was there a big Daughters/Hedonites showdown in the book that I am forgetting?

BR Morathi continued the narrative of the box (the Lord of Pain from the box leading the Hedonites forces I think), and there was a big battle between Hedonites & DoK in BR Morathi. The Hedonites as such played a big role there. I think especially because of the WD - which likely should have come out after BR Teclis, and is all about OBR and FEC (both also featuring in BR Teclis), it just would make more sense if OBR got a new hero and a box with Lumineth if we were to get one at all. 

15 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I thought so too before I saw that White Dwarf blurb summarizing the events of BR Teclis. Now I don’t think that’s what’s going to happen in the short term at least. But, it’s possible I put too much meaning into that blurb : ), and in the long run it’s still very much possible of course that Gravelords will be one of the outcome of BR Teclis. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LuminethMage said:

BR Morathi continued the narrative of the box (the Lord of Pain from the box leading the Hedonites forces I think), and there was a big battle between Hedonites & DoK in BR Morathi. The Hedonites as such played a big role there. I think especially because of the WD - which likely should have come out after BR Teclis, and is all about OBR and FEC (both also featuring in BR Teclis), it just would make more sense if OBR get a new hero and a box with Lumineth if we were to get one at all. 

I thought so too before I saw that White Dwarf blurb summarizing the events of BR Teclis. Now I don’t think that’s what’s going to happen in the short term at least. But, it’s possible I put too much meaning into that blurb : ), and in the long run it’s still very much possible of course that Gravelords will be one of the outcome of BR Teclis. 

GW's marketing team is probably in a bit of a weird place with Gravelords. People who really pay attention know that the faction is coming, but it seems like the original plan was probably not to reveal it until after BR: Teclis (if the theory that they will be that book's Hedonites holds up). Given the name of the upcoming preview show, I expect them to reveal that Gravelords are a thing next sunday, but I have no idea what that means for their release schedule.

I wonder how they are going to do the release. I expect both the models from Cursed City and the Underworlds warband to be playable in Gravelords. But will they be keyworded as Legions of Nagash until the battletome releases (which will probably be in May at the earliest), or will they just hold back the warscrolls until then? Or maybe they will just own it and give them the Gravelords keyword without any rules that make use of it. I also wonder if they would be willing to release Gravelords hero in a duel box, and what that box would be branded as. I mean, calling it Lumineth vs. Legions could be OK, especially if they put the new Vampire Lord in there, but it would be uncharacteristic of GW to put out warscrolls that are going to need an update fairly soon afterwards.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:
31 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

While I am doubtful that Soulblight will have a proper place in BR: Teclis, I wouldn't be surprised if they were teased a little. Even if we hadn't received the spoiler of their model, they were hinted at in Morathi, and mentioned in the Kurnothi heroine's article.  Clearly, GW means to build them up a bit before proper reveals are released, and it would be surprising if a story centered in the Realm of Death didn't have something for them.  I don't think we'll have anything appreciable for a few months yet, though.

(And I'll be perfectly honest, they've caught my eye as a potential second death army to add to my collection, but with wave 2  Lumineth on the horizon and speculation that Stormcast have something coming this summer, my wallet is already begging for mercy. That said, I am biased to prefer a later release so I have time to actually save up for them.)

• Like 3