The Rumour Thread

If we are to get a Broken Realms Alarielle down the line, I really hope it brings about the coming of her counterpart, Kurnoth and the Kurnothi even just for the lore fluff.  At current The Realm Of Life/Ghyran is still locked in a conflict between Alarielle, and Nurgle I think.  Whether Kurnoth comes to her aid or turns against her, I think it could be interesting way to forever shake up the war and the life deity relationship in Ghyran.   If the relationship goes well, it also bring about the possibility of a united force of aelves and tree spirits again just like the woodelves of old.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

If we are to get a Broken Realms Alarielle down the line, I really hope it brings about the coming of her counterpart, Kurnoth and the Kurnothi even just for the lore fluff.  At current The Realm Of Life/Ghyran is still locked in a conflict between Alarielle, and Nurgle I think.  Whether Kurnoth comes to her aid or turns against her, I think it could be interesting way to forever shake up the war and the life deity relationship in Ghyran.   If the relationship goes well, it also bring about the possibility of a united force of aelves and tree spirits again just like the woodelves of old.

Yea, still sad that the old elf/treeman uneasy alliance vanished. Gave them a certain dynamic and conflict potential within the alliance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Some room for some tasty centrepiece Avatar of the Hunt style models.

Obviously they'll have to make it significantly different from giganto-cow (lumineth big cow dude).

GW take my money 🤣

...after i've bought Cursed City of course.

I still think that they'll include a kurnothi archer. That's what I'm calling as the wanderer archer.

Win-win 😉

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Don't worry, Dwarfs will get something someday.

After Elves have their 14th book

Don't get me started.

I got heartbroken after finding out that elf spearboys have stolen dwarf ironbreaker cinderblast bombs... ;(

I am still convinced we won't see AoS 3 this summer. We haven't had so much as a sniff of official news of a new edition. There have been no logo changes or anything. 

Gw is still suffering severe delays to their product. We lost about three months last year and the big 40k releases got moved up schedule which has resulted in a 4 month delay to AoS releases. This year we have lost another 4 weeks due to the biweekly release format. 

When the broken realms series was first previewed it was explicitly stated that all factions would be involved. After book 2,  which we still don't have a date for, we won't even be half done. I expect 4 books at a minimum and probably even 5.

With Slaanesh, DoK and Lumineth the first half of the year has a pretty firm AoS bias and that's not counting underworlds and cursed city. 

I think the big summer release this year will be for 40k, possibly the big Ork revamp that has been hinted at. I could see a winter release but it makes more sense to wait til next summer. If they have 5 broken realms books and release one a quarter that would bring us perfectly to a release of AoS 3 next summer. 

As for this week's preorder,  the size isn't unprecedented. The stormcast and nighthaunt battletomes launched simultaneously alongside 7 boxed sets and all the accessories. The Sylvaneth and Ironjawz both got all their releases in a single week when they first came out. 

• Like 3

I don't think that Grotbag Scuttlers are actually intended as an army. For KO and Idoneth they threw in some stuff to explain how they could be under attack on their home turf.

It's like how in the Idoneth book there is a whole sentient race called Kelpdar or the skaken submarine forces. It's just fluff.

As for Malerion and AoS 3 I'm thinking maybe this is going to be 2022. We already have 3 major releases for aos scheduled, not including stuff like DoK. I wouldn't be shocked to see nurgle and Idoneth battletomes chucked in later this year either.

2 hours ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

Some room for some tasty centrepiece Avatar of the Hunt style models.

Obviously they'll have to make it significantly different from giganto-cow (lumineth big cow dude).

GW take my money 🤣

...after i've bought Cursed City of course.

I still think that they'll include a kurnothi archer. That's what I'm calling as the wanderer archer.

Win-win 😉

Honestly, as someone who was a fan of Orion in WHFB and has read the Dark Harvest book, Kurnoth coming back would be magnificent.  When I read his monologue in Dark Harvest, it is truly chilling. He is a deity of Green Mother Earth...red in tooth and claw.  His moral question offered to protagonist of the book is really challenging one.  To be blunt, I think Kurnoth would be one deity that Chaos worshipers would be literally scared shitless of meeting.

Avatar of the Hunt centerpiece would be amazing.

Kurnothi elves are, hands down, probably the most interesting concept of elves in AoS for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I am still convinced we won't see AoS 3 this summer. We haven't had so much as a sniff of official news of a new edition. There have been no logo changes or anything. 

Gw is still suffering severe delays to their product. We lost about three months last year and the big 40k releases got moved up schedule which has resulted in a 4 month delay to AoS releases. This year we have lost another 4 weeks due to the biweekly release format. 

When the broken realms series was first previewed it was explicitly stated that all factions would be involved. After book 2,  which we still don't have a date for, we won't even be half done. I expect 4 books at a minimum and probably even 5.

With Slaanesh, DoK and Lumineth the first half of the year has a pretty firm AoS bias and that's not counting underworlds and cursed city. 

I think the big summer release this year will be for 40k, possibly the big Ork revamp that has been hinted at. I could see a winter release but it makes more sense to wait til next summer. If they have 5 broken realms books and release one a quarter that would bring us perfectly to a release of AoS 3 next summer. 

As for this week's preorder,  the size isn't unprecedented. The stormcast and nighthaunt battletomes launched simultaneously alongside 7 boxed sets and all the accessories. The Sylvaneth and Ironjawz both got all their releases in a single week when they first came out. 

Not that I necessarily disagree on the timing of AoS 3, but I’m pretty sure the logo change and any official news for 40k came with the announcement of a new edition (or shortly before), so a lack of things like that at this point don’t really indicate anything. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Not that I necessarily disagree on the timing of AoS 3, but I’m pretty sure the logo change and any official news for 40k came with the announcement of a new edition (or shortly before), so a lack of things like that at this point don’t really indicate anything. 

The AoS logo changed with the Nurgle book in January before AoS2. That's what I was referring to. 

Based off the classic elves vs dwarves discussion here I’m interested in seeing what the popularity of AOS armies are so I made a survey, I’d really appreciate all the responses possible so I can gather the best representation possible, I’ll cross post it to Reddit as well to get as many responses as possible. If you could share it that would be great!! 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddybO0gQM4OwRXUenKzP9bIXULt8-AKnF05OOKFHKWyIklWQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

Just now, SirSalabean said:

Based off the classic elves vs dwarves discussion here I’m interested in seeing what the popularity of AOS armies are so I made a survey, I’d really appreciate all the responses possible so I can gather the best representation possible, I’ll cross post it to Reddit as well to get as many responses as possible. If you could share it that would be great!! 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddybO0gQM4OwRXUenKzP9bIXULt8-AKnF05OOKFHKWyIklWQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Great idea! Thanks for doing this and good luck. Will you make a new thread with the results? 

8 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Interestingly enough, it's an ogor head, meaning this spear (and probably it's wielder) are BIG. It also fits with several other REs, one being Gorslav's hook. Potential giant flesh monster serving everyone's favourite gravekeeper?

Could be a banner perhaps? Could also be a gargant head. 

Edited by Kasper
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Interestingly enough, it's an ogor head, meaning this spear (and probably it's wielder) are BIG. It also fits with several other REs, one being Gorslav's hook. Potential giant flesh monster serving everyone's favourite gravekeeper?

If it is from Cursed City, they could well be nods (groan...) to the protagonists. Would match up somewhat with the art of our heroes in front of the gates. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

This could be really interesting! As a suggestion: I think that adding the "country" variable could add another layer to the research :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Don't worry, Dwarfs will get something someday.

After Elves have their 14th book

And they will have pointed ears and be called Duardenth Short Aelves!

I really do think that they are trying to resolve the plot lines of the Aelves before exploring the other Gods and factions of Order. When I first began AOS I felt I had a vague idea of what the various Gods were up to but I kinda just assumed the Aelven Gods were simply just hanging out with a chained up Slaanesh this whole time, I honestly found it rather faint and confusing.  I think that in defending Azyr we shall see a renewed focus on Sigmar and his close ally Grugni who built the walls being defended.  Morathi's ascendency also showcases the idea that the pantheons are not fixed and we could get more Human and Duardin gods which may get reflected in new followers and armies for both Human and Duardin. As I stated elsewhere I feel Broken Realms is an Aelven Focused event that will hopefully culminate with the introduction of Malerion (narratively if not on the tabletop). Gorkamorka and Grimnir feel like they are next in line for a renewed effort in progressing their narratives. I feel like Gorkamorka is left intentionally unknowable and that is fine with me but I also think that their importance for an entire grand alliance requires a little more clarification particularly if the various named characters in Destruction function as avatars of the God(s) and Grimnir's vague fate and relationship to Gotrek needs more exploring. I would love to see the Fyreslayers succeed in collecting enough Ur-Gold to resurrect Grimnir but in manner that allows the Fyreslayers to continue to search out Ur-Gold to further empower their god and themselves. 

I honestly think that Duardin particularly a new Dispossesed faction would be a cool choice for the starter set. Particularly if it includes terrain (like the new 40k set) which could be used to help implement new siege mechanics. However, this seems to be wishful thinking as I imagine the next starter to be SCE vs Destruction if only to conclude the idea of Stormcast fighting each rival grand alliance as the starting place for each of the first three editions. However, if they released it with Cities of Sigmar or a newly revamped Devoted of Sigmar they could include a Stormcast Champion and unit and have their cake and eat it too. 

• Like 1