The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

Thats a BR book line up isn't it?

Orruk Warclans, Gloomspite Gitz, Sons of Behemat, Ogor Mawtribes, Cities of Sigmar and Hedonites of Slaanesh.

In other news Humble Bundle has 5 AoS books available for (at the time of writing 73p). Worth a punt if you don't already own them.

That does sound good, although it would likely mean only a battalion for the Gloomspite Gitz, Sons of Behemat, Ogor Mawtribes, and Hedonites of Slaanesh.  Hopefully a nice update for the Warclans though.

7 minutes ago, Marius au said:

That does sound good, although it would likely mean only a battalion for the Gloomspite Gitz, Sons of Behemat, Ogor Mawtribes, and Hedonites of Slaanesh.  Hopefully a nice update for the Warclans though.

Hopefully a model or two for one of the Destruction Factions!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm not seeing it at all.

The centre of Katarin's are clearly gems, whilst at least two of the Rumour Engines appear to be symbols - probably all three. Hers are also covered in pearls and there are none on the RE, plus the lack of any dangling trinkets compared to the numerous on the RE. There's also a forth orb on the top right. The white background makes it clear they're not 'against' anything whilst Katarin's is clearly against her chest.

If you look closely to where the leftmost disc is connected there's a jagged triangular piece that almost resembles a stylized mountain. Also as another poster previously pointed out, the charms resemble a hammer, helm wheel, and an axe head, which may suggest that this could be a part of Grungni's model, as he seems to have a vested interest in unifying the disparate duardin factions that could conceivably be represented by those symbols.

Edited by CeleFAZE
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

OBR didn't contain deserts, mummies or chariots.

There is more than enough thematic room there for a faction to exist, without treading on OBR's toes. You just need to omit the bone/skeleton stuff, and the Chad leader (sorry Settra)

Yeah, I could see a Tomb Kings rebranding focusing on Mummies and Chimeric beasts. I would argue in that sense Settra would not be entirely out of place.

But I still hold out hope for Brettonians to come back with an emphasis on Fairytale knights, mounted on Unicorns, Pegasi and other romanticized mythical beasts. Ideally I would have them be Human worshippers of the Lady of the Wood Alarielle!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

I wonder if Newborn will ever get a actual miniature and rules.

I hope so, assuming this large shard of Slaanesh is about as powerful as Nagash/Archaon/Teclis etc, they're all gods who have models. Slaanesh himself shouldn't (he's too powerful to really encapsulate in rules) but the Newborn is more like an ultra greater daemon from what I can tell.

That said, it may still be above the scale of the other models.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

I wonder if Newborn will ever get a actual miniature and rules.

I keep wondering the same thing and furthermore I am curious if this is a low key way of testing out the concept of having the Chaos Gods more directly represented on the tabletop? I doubt they will have literal representations but having these 'children' as a step up from the Greater Demons, maybe they will be AOS' equivalent of Primarchs?  But I would imagine the Newborn getting rules in 40k as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Thank you Mr. Skeltal! I like those guys a lot. That's some cool looking skeletons with a lot of personality. I especially like that they avoided the temptation to give them cartoony evil skeleton faces, like you see so often on other fantasy minatures.

From the article, the most intersting thing to me is this line:

Hoping to receive the ‘gift’ of the Soulblight curse, Oleksander Halgrim joined the traitorous purge of Ulfenkarn’s nobility.

Along with the fact that Soulblight curse links to the leaked Vampire Lord model. So we know that the leadership of Ulfenkarn is Soulblight (not surprising, but good to see confirmation) and that GW is willing to link Cursed City to the Gravelords army. If that is right, it seems like Deathrattle will have a place in Gravelords after all.

• Like 2

those are awesome skeletons! 

As for Gravelords and Soulblight it could still be on the fence, they blend well and would give the vampires a good troop optoin; but we'll just have ot see. Also remember that the rpg game is going to have allies together so what appears united there might be separate in the main game. Just look at the good side, its all units from different forces. 

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

those are awesome skeletons! 

As for Gravelords and Soulblight it could still be on the fence, they blend well and would give the vampires a good troop optoin; but we'll just have ot see. Also remember that the rpg game is going to have allies together so what appears united there might be separate in the main game. Just look at the good side, its all units from different forces. 

Sure, it's somewhat tenuous, but it wouldn't be a prediction if we only took into account 100% confirmed info, now would it 😎