The Rumour Thread

Looking at that image, its just Bladegeist, grimghast, and chainrasps. It would be crazy if a box set was coming with new soulblight and new lumineth. 

I think the thing most likely is a bundled box set for each army based around a battalion in the book like in Broken Realm: Morathi.

****** I go away for 24 hours and all this is announced!? Hoping for Broken Realms late February early March!! So excited for this advancement in the story!! 

My only gripe and it's really small and personal is that it seems not much will be left to announce for tomorrow's Preview. 

• Like 1

So we know Vampires are a new battletome bc of the Clampack leak,

So, I imagine, like Slaanesh, Soulblight Gravrlords won't feature in BR Teclis.

We know LRL will appear and I guarantee that'll be where the warscrolls will be for the new units.

We can almost guarantee OBR and Nighthaunt. 

LoN maybe if SBGL ain't a replacement?

Are they any other factions missing here? 

FeC maybe?

Just now, Dreddships said:

So we know Vampires are a new battletome bc of the Clampack leak,

So, I imagine, like Slaanesh, Soulblight Gravrlords won't feature in BR Teclis.

We know LRL will appear and I guarantee that'll be where the warscrolls will be for the new units.

We can almost guarantee OBR and Nighthaunt. 

LoN maybe if SBGL ain't a replacement?

Are they any other factions missing here? 

FeC maybe?

What is the Clampack leak mate?

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What is the Clampack leak mate?

The potato cam photo of the Vampire was a clampack where we had the 'Soulblight Gravelord' name from.

Unless it's a full range rebrand for LoN that comes with BR Teclis with our existing book FAQ'd to say 'if it says LoN, write Soulblight Gravelord', it'll most certainly have to be a new battletome.

And if HoS and BR Morathi is anything to go by, a new battletome means we won't get juicy new stuff for Broken Realms

-

Also in terms of tomorrow, we've already had WH Community say stuff about heroes to fight our vampires (unless that's in reference to the LRL and BR Teclis but it seems weirdly out-of-place in how it was described at the end eg. if LRL were the 'heroes' to fight our vampire friend, why not phrase as such rather than a footnote 'tune in to Saturday' tease?) as well as GW still being happy enough to reveal BR Teclis early despite having to reveal the LRL and Vampire models.

I'd say 'something' is coming - be that the WH Quest we've been hyping or just the other models for the Lumineth and a stronger teaser for Gravelords - for AOS.
With 40k currenly running on the Codex Treadmill, unless it's something major for Killteam or our new 'game', I'm stuck here?

Edited by Dreddships
fixing the phrasing

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

****** I go away for 24 hours and all this is announced!? Hoping for Broken Realms late February early March!! So excited for this advancement in the story!! 

My only gripe and it's really small and personal is that it seems not much will be left to announce for tomorrow's Preview. 

Yeah, I’m working off the assumption that the two Lumineth kits, the vampire UW warband and hero, and the new Broken Realms book are the only AoS announcements planned for Saturday. Which in my mind is already an amazing preview show. So adding literally anything on top of that would really just put me over the moon in terms of hobby hype!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

sorry @KingBrodd, sometimes this ****** happens. Look on the bright side, they still haven't revealed all of the Vampire Range.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clif Blunderbrows said:

Yeah, I’m working off the assumption that the two Lumineth kits, the vampire UW warband and hero, and the new Broken Realms book are the only AoS announcements planned for Saturday. Which in my mind is already an amazing preview show. So adding literally anything on top of that would really just put me over the moon in terms of hobby hype!

I'd say we should also expect whatever "Ulfenkarn" is to be AoS related. Likely a Warhammer Quest.

• Like 2

Really cool animation. Interested to see if there will also be swordmasters (with actually nice looking helmets). If we get all these new Lumineth models then it no longer feels as if they overstated the amount of models there would be for Lumineth. 

but, I’m a little worried the release of Slaanesh or the birth of the newborn won’t be much more then a two page piece of fluff. The Slaanesh arc has been going on since day one of AoS. It needs to be a BIG event. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Really cool animation. Interested to see if there will also be swordmasters (with actually nice looking helmets). If we get all these new Lumineth models then it no longer feels as if they overstated the amount of models there would be for Lumineth. 

I think the helmets have a animal face on top. Other than that the overall structure looks cool.

Great preview vid and very exciting

Weird they didn't save that for tomorrow to be honest! That video alone would get me preeety hyped

1 hour ago, LordAlpharius said:

Sure, Broken Realms can definately change power balance, but for a soulblight rebellion to have more than 0,0000001% chance of surviving, Nagash's defeat would have to be a lot more more devastating than the one he suffered in the age of chaos.,

I'm not sure this is right.

Warning: spoilers for Nagash The Undying King

After Nagash got his bones kicked by Archaon there was a long period of time where undead were basically just pottering around doing what they pleased/getting hammered by chaos - including plotting against Nagash and living in sin with non-Nagash worshippers. Nagash later wakes up and tries to reassert his control but he's a mess and has lost a lot of his power and so e.g. he can no longer control Crypslough, the first of the zombie dragons. Eventually he regains his power and crushes the Broken kings, (Undead who had rebelled against him).

Therefore, if Nagash gets knocked out cold in the same way he did when he got hit by Archaon, there's loads of scope for vampires to rebel against him while he's unconcious and try and find a way to subvert his power before he wakes up

Im setting my expectations for Soulblight. 

Im on the confident side that we'll get a proper revamp but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if all we saw was the Warband and whatever models are in a potential Quest set, with the full revamp coming much later. 

If it was just one extra Vampire Lord, why even change the army name if it was just one new model. Could've just kept it as Legions of Nagash: Vampire Lord. I know FEC were made practically from a couple of units but LoN already had a large selection that surely one more model wouldn't warrant a complete change. 

• Like 2