The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

“Much like Psychic Awakening, boons granted to armies are very uneven with Stormcast Eternals and Daughters of Khaine getting huge overhauls to their army while Idoneth and Cities of Sigmar got so-so boons. Slaves to Darkness got absolutely clowned on here”

100% with goonhammer

Neither cities nor slaves needed a huge overhaul. They got more options. Stormcast needed it badly, and parts of deepkin did too.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Makes sense, you have to spend £60 to get a coin. In theory GW wants each coin at the start of the month to line up with a release during that month (or at the start) for that army to encourage people to get the coin. 

Personally I wish the threshold was £30 not £60 since £60 per coin adds up very fast 

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Is anyone else just purely hyped for 3.0 based on the fact that with a new BT comes the chance at new models for each Faction? I'm not even talking about the Sons but every other Faction in general!!

I'm eagerly awaiting some kind of "households" for Nighthaunt. I cannot fathom why they didn't get them after DoK and IDK came out earlier with them. All I can come up with is Stormcast stole them since they have a ton. I want a new Nighthaunt tome but I fear if they come out as the first wave book again they will be left in the dust immediately.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Is anyone else just purely hyped for 3.0 based on the fact that with a new BT comes the chance at new models for each Faction? I'm not even talking about the Sons but every other Faction in general!!

Hype but knowing GW releases, it unlikely every factions is going to new models when their new battletome comes out, that just not how GW rolls usually.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

After wait since aos launch for any fyreslayers new unit,and seeing how only stormcast and daemons get 99999999 new models while others factions have luck if get one hero,i havent any hype for  new models in 3.0 because i know that they never gonna get new fyreslayer units; because gw prefer release  more new armys of  non fantasy themed dwarfs  before that new kits for fyreslayers or dispossesed

Edited by Doko
Better?
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Doko said:

After wait since aos launch for any fyreslayers new unit and seeing how only stormcast and daemons get 99999999 new models while others factions have luck if get one hero i havent any hype for  new models in 3.0 because i know that they never gonna get new fyreslayer units because gw only gonna release  any non fantasy themed dwarfs new army before that new kits for fyreslayers or dispossesed

It would be a bit nicer if you used a few periods and commas, or just, well, sentences.

Technically, the chosen axes were released after the initial AoS release. Then there's Gotrek, though his Fyreslayer status is a bit hazy.

I do agree the Fyreslayer range is small and still repetetive, but frankly, I'm not sure what the last half of your sentence means.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

It would be a bit nicer if you used a few periods and commas, or just, well, sentences.

Technically, the chosen axes were released after the initial AoS release. Then there's Gotrek, though his Fyreslayer status is a bit hazy.

I do agree the Fyreslayer range is small and still repetetive, but frankly, I'm not sure what the last half of your sentence means.

In my mind the range isn't small enough. Modern dwarf duardin models come to about the same height as a Freeguild soldier, and the Fyreslayers are the tallest of the lot.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

I can't tell if serious.

Slaved of Weakness needed a major overhaul right after the book came out

They definitely don't. They are far from perfect, but a wide array of lists have performed well in tournaments. Including most, if not all, of the sub-allegiances. I know you have your personal problems, but it is a solid and varied book.

Fyreslayers are not alone - heck technically Daughters of Khaine had the least number of actual kits on sale of any AoS army. They only appeared to have more because most of their kits are duel and the Cauldron kit makes up a lot of their leaders. I'm sure GW wants to make more Fyreslayer kits, its just a case of budgeting and fitting it in along with all the other armies that want more kits and updates to old kits. 

23 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

They definitely don't. They are far from perfect, but a wide array of lists have performed well in tournaments. Including most, if not all, of the sub-allegiances. I know you have your personal problems, but it is a solid and varied book.

Come again? ^^ It is, if you really fancy one sided builds with Nurgle or Khorne DPs. Or if you like giant walls of metal, crushing into the enemy lines, then suddenly stopping to dance to Gangnam Style until their enemies have beaten them to death for their taste of music... the Army hits about as hard as a Spaghetti, tossed against the wall to check whether it‘s „ al dente „ or not :P

Slaves to Weakness remains the only title they’re worthy of. The new S2D release just underlines this. ^^

If you fancy I can offer you other fitting names:

Metal Head LARPers in the wrong universe

Boy Scouts of Chaos

Slaves to Fladulence

Black And Gold Armor Origami

Team Papercut

The „Do not poke - Fragile“ Club

If Hangover was a Warband

ypu can also go minimalistic and just label them: Pray/Prey

🤣

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

In my mind the range isn't small enough. Modern dwarf duardin models come to about the same height as a Freeguild soldier, and the Fyreslayers are the tallest of the lot.

Yeah, scale creep is real 17mm eye height for old metal dwarves to 24 on new ones. Freeguild Guard is still around 28, I think.

I meant they have very few sets, but they still feel repetetive due to the minimal design space GW took for them.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

You know thinking of tomorrow I wonder if we'll get the regular warrior releases from Catacombs released. That would  be a great pairing with the new DoK release and also let people get hold of the fire warriors for their slaves to darkness armies. 

I hope so, I'm putting the shadowstalkers together now and they are beautiful! 

I want 2 more units and will use the mist weaver and tenbreal shard models as shadow queen's. 

20 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I meant they have very few sets, but they still feel repetetive due to the minimal design space GW took for them.

I think GW did write themselves into a corner somewhat with the fyreslayers, the lore could be expanded though, with the fyreslayers being the central cult/leadership in the Hold and a more traditional dwarf design (armoured, nordic) in the lesser warriors who wouldn't have access to the ur-gold runes. It would add to the fyreslayers culture and allow a slightly different design on new units.

Something similar to the new DoK unit.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Overread said:

Fyreslayers are not alone - heck technically Daughters of Khaine had the least number of actual kits on sale of any AoS army. They only appeared to have more because most of their kits are duel and the Cauldron kit makes up a lot of their leaders. 

While I do not want to derail the topic into a "whose army is the least loved one" competitition 😆 , DoK is not the least favourite child. The Bonesplittaz have only two kits for units and 4 for heroes (out of which 3 are resin). If I recall it correctly FEC is also just two kits for units and maybe ~4 for heroes. So I am sorry to put it this way, but we had enough of the aelves, what we need is more boyz to the party 😉

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Orkmann said:

If I recall it correctly FEC is also just two kits for units and maybe ~4 for heroes.

You, sadly, overestimate them. There's arch regent, a vargulf (old resin model) a dragon/terrorgheist kit and all the other heroes are built either out of these, or out of their 2 unit boxes ; ). So 3 hero kits total.

So 5 kits total, plus spells, terrain and underworlds crew. Almost as bad as bonesplitterz...

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

Fyreslayers just need be redesign to have pants

And maybe more magnabeast 

Well, pants are a stretch.

Female fyreslayers to give some diversity for the saucy firefighter calender would be better.

And posing could be more expressive. Guys, show off those glutes!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The World Tree said:

Can i have some help with finding those wide array of lists?

Show me a tournament list without Marauder blob as the one trick pony.

I would also like to see those lists without playing the Khorne or Nurgle Book instead, since we... yeah talk about the Slaves to Weakness book.