The Rumour Thread

"plenty of new models" is marketing talk. 

It basically means that some are coming but we've no way to know how many. It might mean one book gets a whole new army; or each army gets one new model or there's only 5 in total. Heck some might be "new models" by building specific kit options from existing kits into new named hero models. 

In general treat "plenty" like when GW says "best ever preview coming up". It's just marketing talking like marketing. 

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, Mitzrael said:

From "Enter the Broken Realms" article: "This is an exciting moment for Warhammer Age of Sigmar, with lore that pushes the storyline forward, updated rules, and plenty of new models on the horizon." I am not a native speaker/reader :D, but I think that means more than just a few entirely new models along the books, not only bundles of already existing ones for new batallions?

Can we hope for at least 10 new models/sculpts? (How many is plenty?;)) Now that we know more than a couple new minis are coming, do you guys have any ideas what they could be? I'm excited to see what every faction is getting :).

just use psychic awakening as a bench mark of how much model to expect which was like a minimum of 1 to 2 per book

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

From psychic awakening I would expect roughly 2 models per book, with an army or 2 getting some more.  From memory ad mech got 2 or 3 new kits as did the genestealers.  Most factions got a character (some were re-sculpts rather than new options).  Some got none.  

I was surprised there were 5 armies covered in the book.  

Really excited to see where this goes, hopefully some more new models other than those mentioned/speculated (not expecting but hopeful). 

• Thanks 1

I'm just excited to see if they actually start doing meaningful expansions on existing ranges. There are so many mini factions kicking around now, I want to see them start building them up. Give us a bunch of slaanesh mortals, daughters artillery, idoneth sea creatures, ironjawz... Anything haha. I don't care what it is, I just want to see that they care enough about existing factions to give them some love instead of firing off yet another new one. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

I'm just excited to see if they actually start doing meaningful expansions on existing ranges. There are so many mini factions kicking around now, I want to see them start building them up. Give us a bunch of slaanesh mortals, daughters artillery, idoneth sea creatures, ironjawz... Anything haha. I don't care what it is, I just want to see that they care enough about existing factions to give them some love instead of firing off yet another new one. 

This.

So many factions have less than half the units they should to be an army with actual choices (Deepkin, Fyreslayers, Daughters, Ironjawz, Slaanesh mortals, etc.). A dual kit or two for each of these factions would go a loooong way to make them more diverse armies. Also how about we see some new Order humans some day? I mean we already have 4 new elf factions and another one coming......

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

29 minutes ago, Kirby said:

So,  are these broken  realm box sets out combat patrol equivalent?  Do you think SC will be phased out?  Alternatively, are they instead of battleforces?  Or am i all doom and gloom - should i put all three in my list for santa?

Iv seen speculation they could replace battleforces this year as limited edition SC boxes but that's purely speculation 

5 hours ago, Doko said:

I heard rumours about boxes with these new battallions,and dont seem be false when every boxes would cost 105€ only stormcast is 109 so it is veeery rare see how those battaliins have the same money cost if it isnt because they gonna be a bundle each.

Myself hope be true because if it have a discount i gona buy for sure the black dragon

On the Broken Realm website at the bottom they have what look like set releases related to the battalions, so I'd say this seems weirdly more or less confirmed

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marius au said:

I was surprised there were 5 armies covered in the book.  

Really excited to see where this goes, hopefully some more new models other than those mentioned/speculated (not expecting but hopeful). 

Imagine cities of sigmar getting new models...!

1 hour ago, Doko said:

I dont want new models,i only want old models back as white lions,dragonlords,quarrelers etc

New models would indicate commitment to future support. And while I am salty that the Freeguild Archers were stated to be available but when trying to buy just were not, progress been made that make the old sculpts less and less fitting.

Plus, GW can't design a good dragon if their life depended on it. The old dragons are derpy, but the pudgy new ones are even worse. The LotR line (Smaug) is good, but that design wasn't done by GW.

• Like 2

It would be pretty weird if they replaced the existing deepkin start collecting set with a box that contains 2 sharks and a king. Unless sharks are becoming battleline with their new warscroll / battlion (I actually think this may happen as GW have introduced a lot of unusual battleline options since the deepkin tome first came out).

Also seems a bit odd to me that the first box set is DoK vs Slaanesh but not Slaanesh in the book. I'm guessing it means waiting until 3rd edition for any new main line models for deepkin too. Personally I'm ok with that as I'd rather see a focus on getting good rules for the existing range.

Going to call it now and say the aos 3rd box set will be mortal slaanesh vs umbraneth with the narrative announcing that Slaanesh broke free.

24 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

It would be pretty weird if they replaced the existing deepkin start collecting set with a box that contains 2 sharks and a king. Unless sharks are becoming battleline with their new warscroll / battlion (I actually think this may happen as GW have introduced a lot of unusual battleline options since the deepkin tome first came out).

Also seems a bit odd to me that the first box set is DoK vs Slaanesh but not Slaanesh in the book. I'm guessing it means waiting until 3rd edition for any new main line models for deepkin too. Personally I'm ok with that as I'd rather see a focus on getting good rules for the existing range.

Going to call it now and say the aos 3rd box set will be mortal slaanesh vs umbraneth with the narrative announcing that Slaanesh broke free.

If they happen those won't be replacements for the SC sets just limited time bundles

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kirby said:

So,  are these broken  realm box sets out combat patrol equivalent?  Do you think SC will be phased out?  Alternatively, are they instead of battleforces?  Or am i all doom and gloom - should i put all three in my list for santa?

Some of these seem a bit specific for SCs. A three Chaos Chariot bundle I could believe as a limited time thing, but not as a replacement to the new Start Collecting(!) for Warriors of Chaos. The Darkling Coven one I could maybe see as an additional SC(!) since we already have two for CoS (ironically, one being Anvilgard) but they don't like to double up on units in those boxes.

I don't think we'll see AoS replacements for Start Collecting(!)s until 3.0 though. The Combat Patrol boxes are aptly titled based off the new points levels they're pushing in 9th, so presumably we'll see something similar in 3.0 but of course we're not there yet. The three quarters of a year or so we still have until 3.0 also gives 'em time to judge how well the Combat Patrol boxes shift compared to Start Collecting(!)s and whether to bother changing that for AoS.

58 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm wondering if these are going to be instead of the Christmas battleforce boxes?

That's going to be a lot of very disappointed people if they are. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

I think battlleforces are going to be a thing of the past. People who want warhammer for Christmas can  just buy the individual sets at much greater profit from GW. With start collecting going the way of the dodo I dont see big discounted boxes full of miniatures as something GW is going to be releasing anymore. One kit for 125 pounds or 4 regiments and a couple of heroes for 140 with a 30% discount. If I was GW i would stop producing them too. People seem willing to buy regardless of price at the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Noooo! Gimme Kurnoth back (Orion!), rebinding sylvaneth and wanderers while adding some more centaur and satyr-like creatures like the wonderful underworlds warband (Skaeth's Wild Hunt).

Or finally bring back together the old dawi alliance; fyreslayers is a tourney army but barely collected. They do not have enough for an army, they are just slayers...

A man can dream!

• Like 2

GREAT NEWS !

- The Clobbering short story

IMO it confirms the Siege of Excelsis story arc will be the start of AOS 3rd edition. All books and articles about Destructions have recently shown a concentration of power currently taking place in Ghur. 

Looking forward to the next installment in two weeks then !

- Broken Realm : Morathi 

Really pleased with the advancing narrative, the variety of factions included and the new rules ! Potential bundles are cool too. 

For now it's a really close to Psychic Awakening in terms of releases, because we have the confirmation this book will come with 2 new models in a boxed set, and maybe bundles.

P.-S. ; @michu from the Soulbound RPG, Mishåvn is apparently a Free City in Ulgu (a collections of boats linked together that can moves across the Penumbral Sea - a bit like the floating market of Bataar but litteraly floating this time :P ) I hope that means... A MAP OF ULGU WILL BE INCLUDED ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2