The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I was just reading about the Battlezone terrain line GW is releasing for 40k, and my first thought was that this would be an amazing format to release sets of realm-specific terrain for AoS. 

Tiles for the battle mat, an assortment of terrain pieces, cards with customer rules for certain terrain pieces or setups. It would be an amazing opportunity to really explore and reinforce the flavor of the realms on the tabletop, and I find the prospect quite exciting!

I'd be happy to see more terrain sets, but I really do not like the weird 'DLC Terrain' route they're going with 40k. I don't want to lug more books and more, big chunky pieces of terrain. I don't mind the faction-specific pieces we have for AoS (and I guess 40k has 'em but they cost points) but I have this uneasy feeling about terrain turning into a sort of... unwieldy, mandatory purchase people are expected to lug with them to games.

I  like the idea of terrain being important, but I don't like the idea of boards becoming overly 'gamey' if that makes sense? 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd be happy to see more terrain sets, but I really do not like the weird 'DLC Terrain' route they're going with 40k. I don't want to lug more books and more, big chunky pieces of terrain. I don't mind the faction-specific pieces we have for AoS (and I guess 40k has 'em but they cost points) but I have this uneasy feeling about terrain turning into a sort of... unwieldy, mandatory purchase people are expected to lug with them to games.

It's optional. You don't have to use it. Personally, I'm really happy that there is more 40k terrain and in boxes I can actually afford.

Edited by michu

16 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I was just reading about the Battlezone terrain line GW is releasing for 40k, and my first thought was that this would be an amazing format to release sets of realm-specific terrain for AoS.

Yes, I'm hoping for same options for AoS.

I own the 2 "battletome" that were released in V1 for scenery (Dominion of Chaos and Chaos Dreadhold), they were really cheap at the end of v1. I dont regret, nice book, nice picture, some lore, ok for the price, but I found they are not usable in game. Too much game impacting with too powerfull aptitudes or rules.

What I see here for 40k seems to me a good evolution. Not game breaking rules, narrative suggestions and also points cost.

This may help to create more cinematic battlefield without giving a too big advantage to one side (or giving advantage but at a cost).

I'm really interested to see where GW will go with this.

27 minutes ago, michu said:

It's optional. You don't have to use it. Personally, I'm really happy that there is more 40k terrain and in boxes I can actually afford.

Optional for now, but I'm willing to bet a few quid that the vast majority of  tournament organisers - particularly those 'courting GW's favour' - will make it mandatory before too long and if that proves successful enough it might end up becoming part of the core rules circa 10th edition. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Optional for now, but I'm willing to bet a few quid that the vast majority of  tournament organisers - particularly those 'courting GW's favour' - will make it mandatory before too long and if that proves successful enough it might end up becoming part of the core rules circa 10th edition. 

I don't believe that. Event organisers are more known for ignoring GW's guildelines.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

May I ask what you dont like about the design? 

I am loving this storybook advertising as well!!

Haha thanks so much mate I really appreciate the thought!! 

I always found it hard to like the giant unit/ character models in warhammer, they always looked kinda gross. I think the biggest thing for me is that they look like they still represent the fat, thick and stupid giant ideals from fantasy tabletop days.  But if they give some interesting stealthy, shooting or magic options I might be more interested in the release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

The design of the Gargant models is what I would see as a perfect example of keeping with the traditional look of the old Aleguzzler, yet make it new and impressive. It’s exactly what I hope for other ranges too. 😃

Of course, this means if someone didn’t like the Aleguzzler, he won’t like the new Gargants, too. But nothing will ever appeal to everyone.

I agree it's the perfect evolution of the design and I cannot wait to see what they will do with descendants of other ranges of models such as Cities of Sigmar.

1 hour ago, Incineroar87 said:

I always found it hard to like the giant unit/ character models in warhammer, they always looked kinda gross. I think the biggest thing for me is that they look like they still represent the fat, thick and stupid giant ideals from fantasy tabletop days.  But if they give some interesting stealthy, shooting or magic options I might be more interested in the release.

I can see where your coming from and respect your opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

My first thought was 'werewolf'...

Oh yes it's high time the Lycans crept out from the Woods!!

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

Rumor engine 

1C15F050-8DA8-48C3-A239-FBC699884E14.jpeg.865c2d8fa8ae6c65e8fc615bf6832a04.jpeg

I want to say it’s for AoS but can’t hazard a guess.

looks ghost like so maybe something relates to death and all the recent death like REs

If that's not AOS then it's a Xeno for 40K so I see this as an absolute win!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

My first thought was 'werewolf'...

Your guess is on point, that is definitely a canid style foot, with the one vestigal toe (dewclaw) separated from the rest of the pad and higher up on the leg. 

dare I hope for a new soulblight faction? Or are we just seeing bits of a new underworlds soulblight themed warband?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucentia said:

Skaven was my first thought, but it definitely reads more canine than rodent to me.  Are those style of ruins familiar to anyone, shattered duardin stuff could point to Skaven I guess?

Does it resemble crypt ghoul feet at all?  Can't say I've ever checked their toes out...

Ghoul feet are basically human. The bigger guys have more bestial feet but more so than this one (bigger claws, less toes). 

35 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Your guess is on point, that is definitely a canid style foot, with the one vestigal toe (dewclaw) separated from the rest of the pad and higher up on the leg. 

dare I hope for a new soulblight faction? Or are we just seeing bits of a new underworlds soulblight themed warband?

I am thinking Soulblight or 'Death' themed warband. Maybe a larger one. But my hope is a fully fledged Soulblight army with Vamps and Werewolves and heck even Pumpkin Head Scarecrow monsters. But If that is not going to happen I would be happy with a Death tome along the lines of the Cities of Sigmar book that was very customizable.  After listening to the newer Neferata audiobook it made me have an itch to paint up some skellies. Giving those skellies so much character was awesome. 

• LOVE IT! 1

The way GW's been going with Marine releases, I've not be shocked if it actually was Space Wolves related.

But yeah, my mind did immediately go to werewolves. I doubt it's Elf-Kurnothi as they have hooves rather than claws, but at a glance it's not dissimilar from the shape of their cat's paws and I suppose it's possible the Kurnothi do have different beast-themed 'mutations'?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3