The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/30/sunday-preview-yall-ready-for-hysh/

Lumineth next week as expected

"The first of a couple of waves of Lumineth Realm-Lords releases"

sounds like more than 2 to me

A couple indicates two to me.  Also, there’s not a lot more for them that isn’t here, I think it’s just the big cow and the cavalry. 

Edited by Still-young

25 minutes ago, Still-young said:

A couple indicates two to me.  Also, there’s not a lot more for them that isn’t here, I think it’s just the big cow and the cavalry. 

Hmm that's true, I would hope they dont try to drag out their release. It's literally the Mountain Spirits and the Dawnriders left. That's easily one weeks worth.

EDIT. I forgot about the Stoneguard and Stone Mage. That's 4 kits still to have release dates but should easily go in 1 week.

Edited by KingBrodd

1 minute ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Wow, they're really stepping up the race specific dice! Looking forward to the SoB dice (and wondering how much room I'm going to need to roll them...)

Its just going to be One Die that weighs a Kilo and counts as a second kit because you have to build it haha

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I will be speculating, that Those giants won’t sell great at the first few months at release, but will do better afterwards.

Depending on the rules and Warscrolls, I could see that those giants will be struggling a lot against the current shooting meta.

Well, It’s not like many people are playing extremely competitive games right now anyway with the pandemic and tournaments being cancel

they could be popular because people like Giant monster and painting them

yes rules can matter but buying model because they look cool also does too

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Yeah I really like those dice. 

I do too. They are outlandish, and they give me a serious Mahjong vibe, but the best part to me is that they are clearly readable. They may look odd, and have a different rolling mechanic, but the dice pips are easy to read which seems to be a problem for other GW faction dice. Between these, and the box set dice, Lumineth are spoiled for great dice choices.

30 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Wow, they're really stepping up the race specific dice! Looking forward to the SoB dice (and wondering how much room I'm going to need to roll them...)

Well the Ogre Mawtribes dice where bigger than normal so for SoB I want the dice to at least be as big as an Aleguzzler Gargant

(A face of Johann on a side would be great)

Edited by Matrindur
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Great launch release for Luminoth! 

Two weeks sounds about right, next week preview should be one or two more mage leaders, the cavalry and then the mighty stone bull warriors and walking mountain model. A good solid followup. Glad to see GW starting off with a bang into September and I really hope this pushes Luminoth out of the dolldrums and into being a major and popular force.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

You know what? Chicken butt.  But also I think I am going to get a set of those dice with rest of everything else.  I don't think I will really use them except for like critical rolls or maybe spell casting with my Lumineth.  Still... They are going be fun to break out at the beginning of a game to see the reaction on my opponent's face.  I might also add one die to the mix for every cow-pun not said by me or helmet comment I get (I'm going all in on the Alarith). 

Unless they work a lot better than I think they will, they probably won't actually be used though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Looking forward to reading the Lumineth lore !

Friends who got the box told me it was really good, with history of Hysh and as much as 3 pages of maps (you know I love AOS maps as much as KingBrodd loves Gargantuan things). 

The lore part is well done, yup. You can see that they put effort into building an interesting background for the Lumineth culture, and things like the story of Tyrion’s awakening are also great. 

There are also something like 20 hints about possible further models in the Battletome. The Wind Temple basically has its model line already almost fully introduced.

One lore part I found a bit lacking is - there isn’t much in there about how the Lumineth interact with the wider world. You get the basics - but nothing in there for example why they can only ally with the Idoneth. Looks like they left most of that for Broken Realms - the Morathi story arc, could be proved us with a reason for the somewhat odd Lumineth - Idoneth alliance for example. 

Another lore part where there is not much written about, is their socio-political structure. We get the names of their nations, and what the general culture of 4 of those is - but almost nothing about social structure, how they live, how their cities look like etc. 

All the maps have already been shown on Warhammer Community. They are awesome - just not that your are disappointed that there is nothing much new in the book in terms of maps.

The map which shows mainly Ymetrica is really interesting if you are into the lore. A lot of the place names hint at what happened there during the Age of Chaos, and they even included the huge, multi-mile long symbols the Lumineth are burning into the ground to stabilize Hysh and seal off Chaos entry points. 

If you are interested in the lore - you’ll have lots of fun with the book. I’ve read it several times, and every time found some new, interesting tidbits in there which I had previously overlooked. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Looking forward to reading the Lumineth lore !

Friends who got the box told me it was really good, with history of Hysh and as much as 3 pages of maps (you know I love AOS maps as much as KingBrodd loves Gargantuan things). 

Get this man a map stat!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Another lore part where there is not much written about, is their socio-political structure. We get the names of their nations, and what the general culture of 4 of those is - but almost nothing about social structure, how they live, how their cities look like etc. 

Daughters of Khaine is much the same. 

I think in part its because its lore that is tricky to write when the setting itself allows you VAST areas where even within a single race there would be variation over time. At the same time I think its because some of it just isn't established yet. Or at least not formally established. It might be bits that they are sort of letting authors do on their own in bits and will cherry pick out the themes they like

1 minute ago, azdimy said:

I am convinced gw had dice for the Khorne and Slaanesh releases but they didn t pass the final QA

Who knows, GW can be a bit hit and miss. Some factions got faction terrain; some didn't. Some got Endless Spells and some didn't some got dice and some didn't. GW has always been a bit like that. Establishing a pattern of releases and then having oddities that don't get them or get hiccups. We never really know if its oversights, production problems, shipping problems heck even just a cash flow problem and GW can't "afford" them at that moment so it gets delayed or left out. 

Heck being "design led" sometimes it might even be that just no one in the design team worked on it (or worked on it to a suitable level). 

34 minutes ago, Overread said:

Daughters of Khaine is much the same. 

I think in part its because its lore that is tricky to write when the setting itself allows you VAST areas where even within a single race there would be variation over time. At the same time I think its because some of it just isn't established yet. Or at least not formally established. It might be bits that they are sort of letting authors do on their own in bits and will cherry pick out the themes they like

Yes, it’s pretty much in line with many other BTs in that respect. I also have the DoK one, which has even less about Ulgu than the Lumineth about Hysh, likely because GW had even less established the direction they want to go at that time (or to keep it for things like Broken Realms, Malerion etc.) 

It’s not a big deal, and part of the fun of AoS is its openness. Still, personally, I’d hoped for a bit more information about those topics, The Realms are so vast, there would still be a lot of open space there to tell different stories later. The Lumineth also aren’t exactly coming with a lot of warscrolls, so there’d been ample space for the lore part : ) 

Except of one nation, we do not even know who and how the Lumineth are ruled, nothing much about their internal stratification (besides the temples) - information you often get with other tomes. Their focus is on providing a history and culture for the Lumineth - both of which are well done.

We also might get more in Broken Realms or Soulbound. 

I really like the lore part of the Battletome though, the art is outstanding, and it’s generally well done. 

• Like 1

Recently I was going through my old Codex for Tyranids - early ones had hardly any real meat on the lore. It's not acutally in recently that we start getting 100 pages of lore alone. I got the Escher book recently and its the same, only a smaller number of pages. I figure that give it 10-20 years and we'll granular growth in AoS. 

Steady establishing of themes and ideas that stick. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Overread said:

I think in part its because its lore that is tricky to write when the setting itself allows you VAST areas where even within a single race there would be variation over time.

Your first point is quite important in my opinion. I imagine societies in Aqshy to differ from societies in Ulgu for example. Heck, they might even be different in one realm depending on how close you are living to the realms edge or core.

What I would like them to do is to give detailed examples for different lifestyles of a faction for some chosen cities and realms. This way the players get an idea how a faction acts under different circumstances and how much its social structure might differ, without taking away the freedom of creating your own subfaction/city/way of living.

Edited by foxicious
  • Like 1

@LuminethMagethank you for the feedback ! 

My friend told me about a Fox-like elemental for the Wind Temple ?! Pretty cool if true. 

I think the map of Ymettrica (I've seen it on YouTube review IIRC)  wasn't shown on Warhammer Community, only the maps and artworks of Hysh (and Ulgu) : 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/18/lumineth-realm-lords-the-loregw-homepage-post-1/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/08/lumineth-realm-lords-exploring-hyshgw-homepage-post-1/

Maybe they'll left the wider social structure etc. explanation for the Realm-Lord novel or the Soulbound RPG ? There will be Lumineth Archetypes in the next SB expansion. 

• Like 1