The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

The arm is really thin. As much as I would wish otherwise, somehow it speaks more Nighthaunt than Vampire/Ghoul/Whatever to me.

What we have been seeing in a couple of rumour engines could certainly be nighthaunt insteaf of vampires, all these arms and hands is the only tangible thing on them, and any other part of the mini would be a more dead giveaway with the bedsheets ;)

That skull-to-jaw lineup seems off. Also, hard to tell from the smoke/magic, but am I crazy or does it only have one eye? (Not that an in-depth analysis of the skull is relevant, they're a dime a dozen in this game 😛 ).

That arm looks like something new. I was originally going to suggest that it might be daemon related, but it just seems too thin. Unless it's Malerion's shadow daemons . . . 

Good money on it being something for Death, in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OkayestDM said:

That skull-to-jaw lineup seems off. Also, hard to tell from the smoke/magic, but am I crazy or does it only have one eye? (Not that an in-depth analysis of the skull is relevant, they're a dime a dozen in this game 😛 ).

That arm looks like something new. I was originally going to suggest that it might be daemon related, but it just seems too thin. Unless it's Malerion's shadow daemons . . . 

Good money on it being something for Death, in my humble opinion.

Mmmh it kinda emeonds me of the necrarch Vampires.259D6C78-0212-41FA-9577-A352DAD633BE.jpeg.74ea84641d6166f9383316990bd94317.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Two days talking about greenskinz in Warhammer Community... I think it's CONSPIRACY TIME!

Alright, here is the plan I get excited about the prospect of Grotbag scuttlers for the rest of the week only for them to announce a new 40k Ork army*... 😭

In all seriousness I think that we will get more information on Gargants this weekend and maybe an update regarding the Siege of Azyr if it is a campaign book. As opposed to the driving narrative of 3rd edition (although, if Gordrakk succeeds in breaking the gates of heaven it would still have massive narrative implications for a future edition). So I am pretty confident that Destruction is getting some love.

*However, I would legitimately love it if they announced a full on Gretchin army!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Alright, here is the plan I get excited about the prospect of Grotbag scuttlers for the rest of the week only for them to announce a new 40k Ork army*... 😭

In all seriousness I think that we will get more information on Gargants this weekend and maybe an update regarding the Siege of Azyr if it is a campaign book. As opposed to the driving narrative of 3rd edition (although, if Gordrakk succeeds in breaking the gates of heaven it would still have massive narrative implications for a future edition). So I am pretty confident that Destruction is getting some love.

*However, I would legitimately love it if they announced a full on Gretchin army!

Yes please anything Gargant or Destruction related this weekend!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Two days talking about greenskinz in Warhammer Community... I think it's CONSPIRACY TIME!

I conspiracy theorise that GeeDubs is running out of content ideas for their articles, and is taking a theme and running with it! 😁 In all seriousness, though, I would love to see some new or(ruk)ks/orcs in any of the settings for Orktober :)

On 8/18/2020 at 6:47 PM, Overread said:

The box was very clearly intended to be a "week 1 wave" to be fast followed up by a general release that Corona stopped happening. Much like how Ossiarchs launched with Feast of Bones in the first week. 

Yeah, it was clearly intended to be that. But it didn’t turn out like that be sue of the virus. That’s why I wrote that it’s “sad” that it doesn’t work as a stand alone, and not that it was badly designed or anything like that. 

26 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

I think they will be ready for the AoS 3.0 launch box vs some... destruction army? I hope.

Nah, if they follow the same pattern as in Warhammer 40K then we should expect new Stormcast Eternals vs. Necrons.

Spoiler

AGE OF SIGMAR 3.0: NECRONQUAKE

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Stormcast VS Ironjawz.

It is odd how much I am banking on this being the case. I don't play either army but would probably buy it in a heart beat and collect both. 

Stormcast are a cool army but their ubiquity has always put me off and Ironjawz are a fantastic range but they have always been just a little too sparse for my liking. So I am really hoping that a starter set featuring these models will help me get into either or both armies. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bayul said:

Nah, if they follow the same pattern as in Warhammer 40K then we should expect new Stormcast Eternals vs. Necrons.

Hide contents

AGE OF SIGMAR 3.0: NECRONQUAKE

I'd argues that they're copying us actually. We get stormcast vs Khorne, they get marines vs nurgle, we get Stormcast vs nighthaunt, they get marines vs necrons... 

• Like 1