The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I never spent so little on AoS like this year. Considering the stuff I sold I think I may even be in active this year... just too little for me and I’m talking from a 9 armies standpoint (only 3 fully painted, 3 half-baked but almost all entirely assembled). I just hope they release at least some books soon, cause to buy a unit box I’ll probably have to wait the Christmas battle boxes if they continue this trend...

My wallet needs the break, I built and painted 3 armies over lockdown lol. 

Sooo... new edition of Blood Bowl is forthcoming, looks like: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/4729

New rulebook, new starter kit, new human (imperial) and orc teams. Folks had already been anticipating where the release of the snotling team would come in the schedule but seems like it'll be more than that and may indeed be more than a week if they're launching a new edition. SG stuff does often tend to be released on the same weak as 40k/AoS stuff though.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Sooo... new edition of Blood Bowl is forthcoming, looks like: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/4729

New rulebook, new starter kit, new human (imperial) and orc teams. Folks had already been anticipating where the release of the snotling team would come in the schedule but seems like it'll be more than that and may indeed be more than a week if they're launching a new edition. SG stuff does often tend to be released on the same weak as 40k/AoS stuff though.

That's awesome new for fans of Bloodbowl!! But that image of the Female Gor Cheerleader will haunt my dreams.

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That's awesome new for fans of Bloodbowl!! But that image of the Female Gor Cheerleader will haunt my dreams.

I think it speaks a lot to the spirit of Blood Bowl that not only do they have official art of a gor cheerleader (who appeared previously in one of the BB magazines) but the artist also traced the expression from the high goat out of that one meme.

baf253b7b169a945464b3fe38587972c--radios

Canon_Beastwoman.png

We are all of us richer for Blood Bowl existing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

Just noticed something (really very very, mildly, if not at all) interesting with the 40k starter sets. i wouldn’t bring it up it’s so dull but I guess it could have some bearing on future AoS editions and it’s not like we have anything else to talk about.

Anyway the biggest set, the “command edition“, so the equivalent of the Dark Imperium box in 8th and our Soul Wars box gets you the hardback “rules” book but it’s not the same as the “Core” book that came with the Indomitus box and that is on sale now.

It’s half the page count so I guess basically everything but the rules stripped out, still comes in just shy of 200 pages though.

Maybe me but feels like a slightly odd choice for a starter set. you’d think they’d want to really lock newcomers in with all the juicy lore and whilst i’m sure there’s plenty of people that would like a lighter, more condensed book like that to take places with them I’d thought those people would be less likely to buy a starter set and prefer something even more slimline, condensed and lighter like the AoS Gaming Book.

Fascinating, eh?!

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

"any units that are added to your army during a battle do not gain the battlefield roles listed on their Pitched Battle profile."

This is a gamechanger!

Agreed. It seems, at first blush, like a really clean way to fix a big problem without gutting summoning entirely.

43 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

"any units that are added to your army during a battle do not gain the battlefield roles listed on their Pitched Battle profile."

This is a gamechanger!

So basically you need the three battlelines on the field at the start of the match? That basically makes useless few abilities for certain units...

Edited: right reading better it’s basically only for summoning but not for reserves, so it’s not that game changer...

Edited by alghero81

19 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

So basically you need the three battlelines on the field at the start of the match? That basically makes useless few abilities for certain units...

Edited: right reading better it’s basically only for summoning but not for reserves, so it’s not that game changer...

If you need a battleline or a leader to capture objectives it is a big difference.

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Its not huge in the old battleplans. But now tzeentch for example summoning battleline units and getting bonus points for them being battleline would make summoning more powerful. 
luckily this faq prevents that. 

Edited by Kramer
Made my point very badly.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Its not huge in the old battleplans. But now tzeentch for example summoning battleline units and getting bonus points for them being battleline does make summoning more powerful. 

The opposite right? Now Tzeentch does not do that anymore. Well everyone needs a minimum of roles to start with and to remove the extra advantage provided by summoning extra stuff seems fair. Death is not impacted as they usually re-setup the same unit destroyed.

Also we are talking about extra points, summoning a unit on an abandoned objective already gives you the objective.

4 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

The opposite right? Now Tzeentch does not do that anymore. Well everyone needs a minimum of roles to start with and to remove the extra advantage provided by summoning extra stuff seems fair. Death is not impacted as they usually re-setup the same unit destroyed.

Also we are talking about extra points, summoning a unit on an abandoned objective already gives you the objective.

But dont some new plans say objectives are held by battleline or leader?  So a summoned unit cant score the objective as it loses the battleline/leader designation.

18 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Yeah yeah. Sorry meant WOULD 😅

13 minutes ago, Laststand said:

But dont some new plans say objectives are held by battleline or leader?  So a summoned unit cant score the objective as it loses the battleline/leader designation.

Only The better part of valour and Places of arcane power. The others give only extra points. In both cases is the first one to arrive that counts so you physically need to be in range and destroy the first unit to change ownership. In that case summoned units would take two turns to overtake those objectives (unless they can charge 9+ and destroy on the turn they are summoned).