The Rumour Thread

A reminder that battletomes released from Cities of Sigmar to now (Ossiarchs, Mawtribes, Slaves, KO, Tzeentch, Seraphon) are getting online points updates a week or two after the GHB; therefore, they won't have any changes in the book.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mutton said:

A reminder that battletomes released from Cities of Sigmar to now (Ossiarchs, Mawtribes, Slaves, KO, Tzeentch, Seraphon) are getting online points updates a week or two after the GHB; therefore, they won't have any changes in the book.

Do we know why? Is it just that they had finished the GHB even back then already, so they are doing an online update?

8 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Do we know why? Is it just that they had finished the GHB even back then already, so they are doing an online update?

The GHB book is done earlier than most people imagine. Remember it has to be written, edited, sent to print, printed, shipped to warehouses, then made to order. It's a lengthy process, and if they were to try and include every new tome coming out, it'd never be done. It's also time to give the newer released tomes time to breathe and nail down what exactly needs changing, if anything.

4 minutes ago, Mutton said:

The GHB book is done earlier than most people imagine. Remember it has to be written, edited, sent to print, printed, shipped to warehouses, then made to order. It's a lengthy process, and if they were to try and include every new tome coming out, it'd never be done. It's also time to give the newer released tomes time to breathe and nail down what exactly needs changing, if anything.

Well, it certainly makes sense, but didn't expect the time between writing and release to be that long. I knew that GW prepares everything with a lot of time, and when smth new is announced it has usually already been finished, but didn't expect over half a year for the GHB (and I'm guessing the Covid situation might have affected the time to send the product, but not writing it).

All in all, this is the first GHB that will have online updates, though, isn't it?

15 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

All in all, this is the first GHB that will have online updates, though, isn't it?

The last one had online updates as well, both points and FAQ.

Edited by Mutton
  • Haha 1

Remaming realm rules leaked in french. Here is a second hand google translate:

GUR: "Torque of the Predator" - You can reroll charges rolls for the carrier

GHYRAN: "Tiara of Renewal" -  In your hero phase you can heal 1 wound allocated to the wearer

HYSH: "Syari Finelame" -  You can reroll hit rolls for the carrier's melee weapon attacks

ULGU: "Foil of the Aigrefin" - You can reroll wound rolls of 1 for the wearer's melee weapon attacks

SHYISH: "Sepuchral Sand Brooch" - You can reroll save rolls of 1 for attacks that target the bearer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Well, it certainly makes sense, but didn't expect the time between writing and release to be that long. I knew that GW prepares everything with a lot of time, and when smth new is announced it has usually already been finished, but didn't expect over half a year for the GHB (and I'm guessing the Covid situation might have affected the time to send the product, but not writing it).

Apologies for repeating myself but keep in mind that it takes several months to get enough actual data and game experience to justify changes except in extreme circumstances. So it's not just the lead time between finalizing the content and release but also the gap between army release and having enough data to make reasonable changes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

The last one had online updates as well, both points and FAQ.

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe it did. You may be thinking of December’s FAQs.

18 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Apologies for repeating myself but keep in mind that it takes several months to get enough actual data and game experience to justify changes except in extreme circumstances. So it's not just the lead time between finalizing the content and release but also the gap between army release and having enough data to make reasonable changes.

The final print was probably due to the printer sometime after December (I believe a number of points adjustments made for the FAQ made it into this book, where it says there are changes, but there aren’t any). But it would also be before February, since you should have seen something after OBR and DOT ruled over LVO and CanCon metas.

In the end, this is really just building a case for the fact that we need points adjustments outside of the once yearly GHB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe it did. You may be thinking of December’s FAQs.

The final print was probably due to the printer sometime after December (I believe a number of points adjustments made for the FAQ made it into this book, where it says there are changes, but there aren’t any). But it would also be before February, since you should have seen something after OBR and DOT ruled over LVO and CanCon metas.

In the end, this is really just building a case for the fact that we need points adjustments outside of the once yearly GHB.

Which we have now? There was a big FAQ and points update in January. The starred items indicate anything where there is a difference between what is published in the GHB and the original pitched battle profile from the appropriate battletome.

On 7/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, Kurrilino said:

I predict that nobody cares since it's not legal for matched play except someone would create a special tournament around that rule

which i can't see.

People will do 1 or 2 heroes and then lose interest. It's similar to the new small battle size, introduced last year.

They played 1 or 2 matches and then went back to normal

Not everybody plays tournament matched play games all the time.  The vast majority of people tend to play a hybrid style approach and the new hero generator includes a way of calculating out rough points.  The hero generator is something a lot of people have been wanting for some time, whereas not many people were asking for meeting engagements.

On 7/4/2020 at 8:03 PM, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I remember the team stating each GA will be able to take a mega gargant. Wonder why they're listed with no allies. 

They're likely to have special rules within the battletome in the same way as Gotrek has special rules.  It wouldn't surprise me to see them fit in similar to mercenaries do.

10 hours ago, a74xhx said:

Those are very light metallics. Wonder how they'll work with a contrast paint layer on top.

And if they shade is designed for metallics, why not have a gloss version too.

The new shade is intended for doing a simple OSL effect and OSL doesn't work if it's done using gloss.  There's also new spray cans of the two new colours coming out, but they weren't ready for the new release

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

Where'd you hear the rumour, Hollow? 

I've seen it posted around a few places. I'm a little bit skeptical as it would be quite an extreme change and there have been so few major events since OBR released.

I'd have thought they'd be better off with points adjustments before changing a key rule.

2 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I've seen it posted around a few places. I'm a little bit skeptical as it would be quite an extreme change and there have been so few major events since OBR released.

I'd have thought they'd be better off with points adjustments before changing a key rule.

This would make sense with the leaks mentioning both stalkers, immortis guard and morghasts getting a 20 pts reduction. The problem is OBR is impossible to adjust with points as long as Petrifex is as it is. Without Petrifex it is not that strong an army and the reductions would make sense in that case.

As an OBR player I actually hope it is true, so you can play other legions without feeling you gut yourself on purpose ;)

22 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

17 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

This would make sense with the leaks mentioning both stalkers, immortis guard and morghasts getting a 20 pts reduction. The problem is OBR is impossible to adjust with points as long as Petrifex is as it is. Without Petrifex it is not that strong an army and the reductions would make sense in that case.

As an OBR player I actually hope it is true, so you can play other legions without feeling you gut yourself on purpose ;)

Let's say Petrifex +1 save gets gutted and these point leaks are true, won't this just create a Katakros and Mortis Praetorian meta? What do you think? Isn't it just swapping a board wide +1 save for a slightly more fidgety one, and swapping rend for better to wound rolls / To hit rolls with the Arch-Kav and command ability? I guess there is slightly more counterplay and knocking down Katakros, which would actually be fun as an OBR player to actually have some decision making. 

At least if these point changes are true, the Katakrosian Deathglaive just went down by 60 points, which is pretty sweet in a Stalliarch Lords list. That is enough to take a 30 block of Mortek to a 40. Not bad at all. 

Edited by Heijoshin

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Vorgaroth receive a point reduction... A Forgeworld miniature receive a point reduction...

Pray for the Legion of Azrogh and the Gloomspite miniatures...

You saw the leaks? Hopefully he goes down 200-300 points at least.

18 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

Let's say Petrifex +1 save gets gutted and these point leaks are true, won't this just create a Katakros and Mortis Praetorian meta? What do you think? Isn't it just swapping a board wide +1 save for a slightly more fidgety one, and swapping rend for better to wound rolls / To hit rolls with the Arch-Kav and command ability? I guess there is slightly more counterplay and knocking down Katakros, which would actually be fun as an OBR player to actually have some decision making. 

At least if these point changes are true, the Katakrosian Deathglaive just went down by 60 points, which is pretty sweet in a Stalliarch Lords list. That is enough to take a 30 block of Mortek to a 40. Not bad at all. 

I have thought about this and while Katakros lists will probably appear a lot, I think that is a more reasonable "tax", in addition Katakros command range is reduced already after taking 4 wounds from 36" to 18" which is far from as reliable as just going Petrifex.

Petrifex will still have a place though, as having access to a +1 rend command is just so powerful, the question is what they would get instead for a trait too, but I guess we will see.

So far OBR has been competing on just being tough and combined with access to +1 rend, that made them killy enough to simply brawl with top armies. If that is no longer the case, we might see OBR fall to the middle of the pack, especially as shooting armies will tear them apart with only 4+ saves and each wound being at a 12 pts+ price tag.

I would not really trust any leaks much normally, it is only the cost reduction leak that combined with the petrifex nerf rumour starts adding up somehow.

7 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Remaming realm rules leaked in french. Here is a second hand google translate:

GUR: "Torque of the Predator" - You can reroll charges rolls for the carrier

GHYRAN: "Tiara of Renewal" -  In your hero phase you can heal 1 wound allocated to the wearer

HYSH: "Syari Finelame" -  You can reroll hit rolls for the carrier's melee weapon attacks

ULGU: "Foil of the Aigrefin" - You can reroll wound rolls of 1 for the wearer's melee weapon attacks

SHYISH: "Sepuchral Sand Brooch" - You can reroll save rolls of 1 for attacks that target the bearer. 

where did you see them please ? i'm french, i'd like to read :)