The Rumour Thread

The shadow elves for warcry look awesome. Combined with the shadespire warband the DoK are having a good time. Excited about non-chaos warbands for warcry. 

kinda disappointing to see just one Lumineth model, which we already kinda saw before... I find it a bit frustrating to see another new army before we’ve seen the entire Lumineth range. 

2 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

So I wonder if the new Warband will be playable with DoK.

Will add to the variety of that army 

I think it's a given they'll be getting AoS rules.

Seems like they might be using War Cry as a way to mess around with adding a new unit to armies without holding out for a Battletome update.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think it's a given they'll be getting AoS rules.

Seems like they might be using War Cry as a way to mess around with adding a new unit to armies without holding out for a Battletome update.

It would be great if they use warcry to expand some ranges over the time without having to wait fora big splash release or to explore some units that don't fit or want to tease or try before a standard release

10 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The shadow elves for warcry look awesome. Combined with the shadespire warband the DoK are having a good time. Excited about non-chaos warbands for warcry. 

kinda disappointing to see just one Lumineth model, which we already kinda saw before... I find it a bit frustrating to see another new army before we’ve seen the entire Lumineth range. 

It looks like this is the entire Lumineth range. 

SNOTLINGS

WITH

A

PUMP 

WAGON

i mean yeah the other stuff’s cool and all but if I see anyone griping about today’s reveal they’re getting a paddlin’.

edit: also great It looks like they’re going to be using Warcry to intro new models to ranges.

whilst Underworlds was great for that, especially as the models were always really great and characterful, 3-5 1W model units are always going to be a hard sell in the big game but these should be easier to pump up to more survivable number counts but still have lots of character to the models.

Also whilst a shame to say goodbye to Blackstone Fortress, this does open up a return to an AoS Quest Game, which would be great anyway but also another amazing chance to dump loads of really interesting unique models into the world. 

Going to have to treat myself to a post lockdown mega gargant too. What we thinking £100?

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JPjr said:

SNOTLINGS

WITH

A

PUMP 

WAGON

i mean yeah the other stuff’s cool and all but if I see anyone griping about today’s reveal they’re getting a paddlin’.

edit: also great It looks like they’re going to be using Warcry to intro new models to ranges.

whilst Underworlds was great for that, especially as the models were always really great and characterful, 3-5 1W model units are always going to be a hard sell in the big game but these should be easier to pump up to more survivable number counts but still have lots of character to the models.

Also whilst a shame to say goodbye to Blackstone Fortress, this does open up a return to an AoS Quest Game, which would be great anyway but also another amazing chance to dump loads of really interesting unique models into the world. 

Going to have to treat myself to a post lockdown mega gargant too. What we thinking £100?

I'm ranging anywhere between £90-£110. And I'll gladly dump buckets for them.

I will be very surprised if that is the last Lumineth model. While the model is cool, it is a bit of a damp squib to end. Also for such a heavily promoted range to have just 9 kits with no scenery or endless spells would be a little strange. The article doesnt say anything about completing the range. They say "another" model. That suggests more to come. I said earlier that we would see sons of Behemat and Lumineth split over the next two previews. I think we will have to wait till May to see the full range.

13 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

While I was hoping(once again) for chaos dwarfs, I have instead been blessed with many new kits from which I can convert a monstrous amount of different units(chaos and otherwise), and no doubt my army is getting a gatebreaker somewhere along the line. @KingBrodd, glad to see your devotion has paid off.

Thanks so much mate I'm more than happy with this Gargantuan gift I've been given!!

• Like 2

Giants are awesome. Can't imagine not to buy at least one. I wonder how many will be possible to be put on table at once and still be competetive. Three like in Nurgle case with GUO?

On the other hand Lumineth don't really float my boat which is unexpected since I loved High Elves (but it was before AoS with its cool, unusual minis lunched though). Too simple, not anything special. 

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 1