The Rumour Thread

Scions of the Flame or not, we're definitely due some Warcry news soon. They've released all the second wave cards, the new monsters, ect.  I imagine at some point we'll get another monsters and mercenaries book to beef up the roster of heroes and monsters available, Scions eventually, and probably a new starter this summer.

For now, we only have 6 lumineth reveals: 3 HQ, riders, infantry, archers. Is it a little half or a big half of this army? Comparing to the last 100% new army, OBR, we are far from done here:

OBR = 6+1 HQ (with the horse double kit) , 2 war machines, one elite double kit and even a second double kit one but already existing (morghasts), riders, infantry, 1 decor and 3 ES...and last but not least : 2  big daddys already exsiting: nagash and arkhan that give many more options. 

Writing this, I'm worrying that we are far from an OBR size like army. Maybe if GW includes some of the existing minis/units/HQ.

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Like 1

It's really impossible to know. Remembering that GW doesn't play the short game with releases - a smaller release now might just mean that there's an equally sized release a few months down the line. 

Drops like Sisters of Battle are exceptional in how many kits they released in such a short span of time. Typically GW doesn't release "too" many all in one go because if you release far too much at once you basically oversaturate that market segment. Which means you might be releasing models that gamers haven't got the budget for. 

That said AoS does work with a lot of very small armies, so they could go either way. I still think there's a good few things still to come and a good few we won't see until the big reveal event/news. 

Yeah judging by OBR/Deepkin release we still should get minimum  

- 3 more clampack heroes 

- mounted hero/named charcter dual kit (might be Tyrion) 

- elite infantry dual kit 

-  2 kits out of 3 possible - warmachine, monster, bigger infantry/cavalery. 

I absolutely love the new mage and the Daughters of Khaine Underworlds set. However, I am sad about no Warcy news and the archers are thus far my least favourite Lumineth models (I actually don't mind the hats, they simply feel to static to me).  Oh and I am totally converting those Necromunda 'Death-maidens' into Warqueens for my chaos army! 😃

So going in with no expectations, I am actually overall quite happy with these reveals.

Edited by Neverchosen

3 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Closing thoughts: They really are taking their sweet time with those Scions of the Flame. I'm also starting to wonder if they are done with Killteam and Bloodbowl for the time, which would be quite sad.

I agree, I really hope that something comes up at adepticon, otherwise this is ridiculous.

12 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Closing thoughts: They really are taking their sweet time with those Scions of the Flame. I'm also starting to wonder if they are done with Killteam and Bloodbowl for the time, which would be quite sad.

Guess just like new seraphon models for aos we aint seeing new kroxigors in bloodbowl u_u .

Goddamed skaven took over GW

14 hours ago, Charleston said:

It is funny how people feel discomfort about the Lumineth-Bows, but noone around seems to find the Sauna-hats weird.

e4821e9b-be01-4043-9124-daff68009ab1.png

I hate their „helmets“. The worst part about them is that they don‘t look like helmets ^^

The Lumineth have been a downward spiral for me. I loved the riders and Elthsrion, was somewhat okay with the clunky Spearmen helmets, was absolutely against Teclis that does his artwork no justice at all. Simply dislike the Mage for his stupid helmet and hate the Archers for their stupid bows, bad helmet design and utterly oversized quivers. As my brother pointed out „the designers tried desperately to make them look Asian while not knowing how to properly do that so they mixed and dismatched everything remotely Asian and oversized those parts to stupidity“ maybe I am too old and have studied design for too long to be able to like bad design when I see it. Btw the longer you look at something ugly, the more you like it, so I am not surprised people who first disliked Trclis are now okay with it, it‘s how humans work. Yet is the product really worth it if you have to force yourself to like it I wonder 🤔 (that‘s more of a question to myself since I want to like them...)

Making an AELF look like an Ape is nothing but an insult to the „superior“ arlven Kind Imo :D

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Yet is the product really worth it if you have to force yourself to like it I wonder 🤔 (that‘s more of a question to myself since I want to like them...)

On a philosophical level. No it makes no difference if you had to force yourself to like it, as long as you don’t keep forcing yourself. 
On a more practical level it does seem like a waste doesn’t it 😅

my mind instantly went to coffee as a comparison. Most people don’t like the first taste of it. But after ‘forcing’ themselves to like it, genuinely love it. (Although there is an addictive element to that, so don’t know how good the metaphors is)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I hate their „helmets“. The worst part about them is that they don‘t look like helmets ^^

The Lumineth have been a downward spiral for me. I loved the riders and Elthsrion, was somewhat okay with the clunky Spearmen helmets, was absolutely against Teclis that does his artwork no justice at all. Simply dislike the Mage for his stupid helmet and hate the Archers for their stupid bows, bad helmet design and utterly oversized quivers. As my brother pointed out „the designers tried desperately to make them look Asian while not knowing how to properly do that so they mixed and dismatched everything remotely Asian and oversized those parts to stupidity“ maybe I am too old and have studied design for too long to be able to like bad design when I see it. Btw the longer you look at something ugly, the more you like it, so I am not surprised people who first disliked Trclis are now okay with it, it‘s how humans work. Yet is the product really worth it if you have to force yourself to like it I wonder 🤔 (that‘s more of a question to myself since I want to like them...)

Making an AELF look like an Ape is nothing but an insult to the „superior“ arlven Kind Imo :D

IDK I tried to like Teclis but the more I see him the more of a train wreck model it becomes in my mind (floating T pose ) After a while I just accept that it just a bad model or it’s to avande garde for me.

i don’t really care much for high aelves but I was interested in getting Teclis model to paint but now it just ugh.

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, novakai said:

IDK I tried to like Teclis but the more I see him the more of a train wreck model it becomes in my mind (floating T pose ) After a while I just except that it just a bad model or it’s to avande garde for me.

i don’t really care much for high aelves but I was interested in getting Teclis model to paint but now it just ugh.

Looks like internet memes spoiled so many miniature poses. As I don't know  where that "T-pose" meme come from or what does it mean, I see Teclis' pose as partially  "Bask in my glory!" and "Run mortal or feel my wrath". And it's beautifully executed. I think I can see sunlight (or moonlight) coming from behind him.

Edited by michu
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2