The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Does cities of Sigmar even have a campaign in the Book of Champions? Fyreslayers at least have their icon in WD Gotrek's rules.

Cities does not have anything except what's in the battletome, even the models designed for AoS that would fit it are all excluded: Excelsior Warpriest, Tenebrael Shard and maybe Mistweaver Siah would fit, but simply are not there. I would really like Warcry or Underworlds.

2 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Cities does not have anything except what's in the battletome, even the models designed for AoS that would fit it are all excluded: Excelsior Warpriest, Tenebrael Shard and maybe Mistweaver Siah would fit, but simply are not there. I would really like Warcry or Underworlds.

You know, I think I know why CoS didn't get anything... There's just too much units for one card pack. Maybe later we will get phase 3 of Warcry warbands and then all CoS factions will get separate packs.

6 minutes ago, michu said:

You know, I think I know why CoS didn't get anything... There's just too much units for one card pack. Maybe later we will get phase 3 of Warcry warbands and then all CoS factions will get separate packs.

They already did so for stormcast.  Divided them in three packs. 
but for cities it could be a cool division on cities. And then some battleline availaible to all. 

9 minutes ago, michu said:

Well they also don't have cover-art for each distinct subfaction for CoS, so only Freeguild would have work using the Greatsword on the cover but the other would not have it

1 hour ago, TheR00zle said:

of course, I could be looking too much into simple fan pandering and callbacks from GW lore writers and modelers, but one of the things that got me into the hobby(besides the cyborgs of the mechanics in 40k) was the awesome idea of magic using dwarves who worshipped an evil Bull and built actual murder trains.

I would love to see plastic chaos dwarves (they always were that one faction I absolutely adored due to fluff but never could afford) but even if GW has surprised us in the past (Plastic Sisters! Actually updated Dark Eldar away from the 1996 codex!) I'm not too hopeful about this. At least, not as long FW still makes their own variants.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, michu said:

That is a positive thought, maybe a silly idea, but what if the next fase/edition would be an order oriented release, similar to how  last year was chaos?  Getting new warbands, one for each city,  Like how  we got now 8 very distinct chaos warbands?  Probably utter nonsense, but I would love it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Hypnocats!! 

Also freaking heck GW I know someone in the design team loves Nurgle but give the festering a break - let one of the other gods have some production slots for some unique characters/models darn it ;) 

If you’re talking about the Blackstone Fortress thing, they’re existing e2b kits from when 8th Ed 40k came out repackaged for BSF, nothing new. 

1 hour ago, madmac said:

Oh, man finally Warcry cards for the rest of my armies!

Wait...no Fyreslayers? literally the last battletome army with no card pack?

Oh tell me about your 2.0 battletome again 
- Seraphon Player

Plus you can one man Gotrek now! Thats almost like a Fyreslayers Warcry team!

Edited by Ivo

26 minutes ago, Ivo said:

Oh tell me about your 2.0 battletome again 
- Seraphon Player

Plus you can one man Gotrek now! Thats almost like a Fyreslayers Warcry team!

Now, now. I play Seraphon and Fyreslayers.  It's a double bounty of getting terrain I don't want and no new models.

Honestly though, while I'm glad to see Seraphon finally included in something, I'm not actually super hyped to play Warcry with the current Saurus Warrior/Knight/Kroxigor models.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, madmac said:

Now, now. I play Seraphon and Fyreslayers.  It's a double bounty of getting terrain I don't want and no new models.

Honestly though, while I'm glad to see Seraphon finally included in something, I'm not actually super hyped to play Warcry with the current Saurus Warrior/Knight/Kroxigor models.

Just joking 😛

11 minutes ago, madmac said:

I don't think Kroxigors are even going to be playable in Warcry since they are currently resin and models with rules for the game have all been at least in plastic

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Both! Haha look how that turned out. ;) 

I fully agree. That whole trouble with things being defendable in court always applied to the more generic factions. 
but the way you described chaos dwarfs is so unique. They are a shoe in for a aos army. Just don’t know how they sold in the old world and if that hurts the chances of a release. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn’t even really trying to aosify the Chaos Dearfs, that’s just generally how I view the army and wish they would finally make an appearance in plastic once again. I know with the whole forge world range it doesn’t really make sense, but there’s so much potential just being wasted! Forge world hasn’t done anything for them in years, and now the molds for the models are breaking down, soon there might not be anything left besides Shartor(the sos character model) at this rate😞. Plus they’re expensive, 70 usd for a unit of 10? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheR00zle said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn’t even really trying to aosify the Chaos Dearfs, that’s just generally how I view the army and wish they would finally make an appearance in plastic once again. I know with the whole forge world range it doesn’t really make sense, but there’s so much potential just being wasted! Forge world hasn’t done anything for them in years, and now the molds for the models are breaking down, soon there might not be anything left besides Shartor(the sos character model) at this rate😞. Plus they’re expensive, 70 usd for a unit of 10? 

Well from what it seems the trend, FW is slowing retiring from AoS and moving most likely towards the Old World range, so it’s not unlikely that Azgorh appears in AoS considering a retirement of the resin kits. Long shot but possible. Tamurkhan is also gone, many monsters that never fit are gone but also few that could have been used. 
One can keep hoping... 

2 hours ago, novakai said:

I don't think Kroxigors are even going to be playable in Warcry since they are currently resin and models with rules for the game have all been at least in plastic

Not quite true - the Slaves to Darkness card pack has rules for Chosen, which are resin.

• Like 1