The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Makes me wonder what they're going to end the year on.  The front half is shaping up to be fairly fantastic!

9th Edition 40k in June/July and then more Primaris throughout autumn is my guess. Maybe Emperor's Children. 

There'll also be a new Underworlds season around September/October I imagine.

Now all of the Battletomes are up to speed (or, will be) and with 40k presumably dominating the second half I think the most we'll see for AoS are 2.5 versions of earlier Battletomes like Stormcast and Maggotkin, presumably with a new Hero or standalone Unit. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

Not AoS related, but as someone that was glacially slow building a Genestealer Cult army, I am pretty disappointed the Start Collecting has the Ridge Runner and not the Goliath Truck included.  I was counting on the Start Collecting featuring the truck to finally finish my army.  Now, I don't know if I ever will finish it. Being both a horde army and the models being, even for GW, all the money.

Well depending on your definitely of glacially slow, a few years ago you had both deathwatch overkill and GSC battleforce(which had the Goliath).  That was the time to be collecting GSC.  My LGS still, 4 years later, has a Deathwatch Overkill box on the shelf, and I found several (and saw many more) on eBay the last year or two for cheaper than retail. 

If you want to hobby cheap you need to be very patient and very diligent on eBay. It helps to be collecting many things at once also! 

14 hours ago, novakai said:

in two weeks though would be a year since Carrion Empire had been release and still no sign of those boxset heroes yet

The Starn's Disciples box for 40k Kill Team came out a year ago and the Kellermorph in the box is just being made available again now coming out on its own.

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Has anyone any clue when the Lumineth might arrive?

assuming there will be 5 to 6 previews in a two week rhythm until release I‘d guess that their release is at the end of April or late March.

I'm guessing mid to late April. That gives them time for 6-8 "Lumineth Week" articles in total, which seems to make sense to me. They might run longer, but if we're assuming a release roughly the same size as the Ossiarchs, they'd likely be struggling to fill a proper article with anything relevant at that point. 

Plus, much longer than that and they risk hype-fatigue. 

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

The Starn's Disciples box for 40k Kill Team came out a year ago and the Kellermorph in the box is just being made available again now coming out on its own.

Next week, all the characters from the past year boxes... We need to remember the resine models become Out of Stock a few weeks ago.

So, could be nothing, could be something. And humble apologies if its been posted somewhere before. Today I couldn’t help notice the number of rather large skulls on some OBR models, more specifically Katakros and the spooky bone wizard (I’ve invested no lore time on OBR). Thing is, there’s no OBR kit of a giant skelly, and all the much larger terrain or spell type large skulls look nothing like these. These look almost Organic. Which ither leaves the possibility of a Future OBR giant. Or these are skulls linking in the aforementioned Sons of Behemat. Or I’m deprived of cool monsters and hope that the base decor will one day be a model.

16C261D0-B7B6-4913-8660-166177525818.jpeg

0417881C-E77F-4ADB-882C-CE60081EC473.jpeg

FF7D90A9-1DE7-4AD0-B90A-EBCFE35D572D.jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Has anyone any clue when the Lumineth might arrive?

assuming there will be 5 to 6 previews in a two week rhythm until release I‘d guess that their release is at the end of April or late March.

OBR were revealed at the NVO (August 29th) and then had a few similar articles until you could pre-order them on Nov 2, so hopefully it won't be much more than two months altogether. If they stick to a similar pattern. But maybe they go a bit more into detail with the Lumineth, as it looks like the second article focuses only on their spearmen (and maybe the runes/symbols in general).