The Rumour Thread

35 minutes ago, xking said:

I was asking about Josef Bugman because I wanted to know if he could be in the mortal realms. Maybe even a demigod. 

Im not re-reading that end time novel. But I’m pretty certain that when the dwarfs marched out to meet their doom in a blaze of glory. Bugman with his rangers did a little Gandalf moment and created a hill to help the surrounded dwarfs... 
but I’m pretty sure they all died to the overwhelming Skaven numbers and the Eshin verminlord. (Don’t think they went into much specifics so their might be an out) 

15 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I’ve learn’t to never trust these rumours, (grumbles and shakes fist at zoat-not-kroxigor-but-nostalgically-cool). 

With The stone moon though is hard not to see Lumineth

Kronos got the nail on the head. The Lumineth article from yesterday mentions that the lumineth can attune to 4 different elements from the realm of light, and specifically gives stone as an example. I’d bet we’re seeing a stone-aligned lumineth caster\priest bit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

Maybe grotbag? The moon icon is to crude for lumineth IMO, but it looks like it’s made out of warpstone.....

The sort of "staff" part looks too elegant and smooth to be destruction in my view. The rock looks too rough to be Lumineth though. 

I'm wondering if it's something Ynnari maybe? 

I'd love it to be idoneth, but I can't seen any design elements in common and the swirl looks more magic than water. 

The only hope I have for idoneth is the rumour engine pic that featured coral. 

20 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Totally stumped on that. I don't recognise any of the design elements. 

To me it looks like the rumor engine is upside down. It looks like an aelven staff with a moon on the top. It's doing a sweeping motion with magic coming out of the crystal moon and the charm on the twirly bit. The moon looks a bit crude, but it's too thin and the non-crystal parts too well made to be grots, so my bet is Lumineth or some other moon wizard.

50 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

New Rumour engine pic

F8D6B91C-7D01-416D-81DE-D243A1270BB0.jpeg.7450a57fe2ac73bd3c00bf709d1d2be3.jpeg

ladies and gentlemen start your guessing!

the moon looks like obsidian or some other hard (crystal?) material. It's tied to something so we're looking at a pole not a staff.

if you flip it upside down, it looks like some sort of focusing device? The first Lumineth lore talks about how powerful their wizards are so my guess is a support/siege weapon for Lumineth.

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Weekly reminder that the text doesn't ever relate. 

Yup but we got a rumor engine of the plumes days before the reveals and GW decided to make a small reveal every 2 weeks.

The last text also mention the elemental conections of the Lumineth with " mountains, rivers, wind and zenith (or sky) ".

That fancy staff with a rock moon shaped (montain "element") will be (IMO) one of the possible assemblys of the Lumineth Wizards.

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Weekly reminder that the text doesn't ever relate. 

That is not true. I believe that you can find a keyword in each description of rumor engine which is related to the actual model. The whole text is rather meaningless, but there always is that one word. In case of new elves these are words like: dreaming, conjuring, peaceful sleep, coma, etc. 

9 minutes ago, PaniuBraniu said:

That is not true. I believe that you can find a keyword in each description of rumor engine which is related to the actual model. The whole text is rather meaningless, but there always is that one word. In case of new elves these are words like: dreaming, conjuring, peaceful sleep, coma, etc. 

"point"