The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

I totally agree that they are the most down to earth looking proper aos army. Still I'm a bit dissapointed by regular horses. They could have made something a bit more aos and showcased more of the animals of Hysh with it. Heck horse-looking creatures with that creepy mask/face thing that teclis mount has would have been awesome and unsettling xD

I am actually pleased that regular horses are still a thing.

You need some grounding for the weirdness to show through.

Hell, I am going to change a significant percentage of my horses to be mechanical, which would not be unsettling if there weren't any horses around!

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Teclis model is great and a huge mount with terrain was a neccesity unless GW made him giant. A god can't be on a base that 100 point heroes are on, can he? 

And his face is not alright, it is a poorly sculpted old elf’a tiring face, disappointing and looking ugly to hobbyists all around the world.

Fixed

• Like 1

Kinda ironic to see Zoats (it looks great) come back before Seraphon get some new unit sculpts. That is really, really unfortunate IMO. 

The new Aelves IMO look great. Less out there than many other new releases but I think that's actually a good thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

question to all those who fear there will be no Model updates for the existing armies in 2020: What else do you think they’ll do this year? 2.0 Battletomes are complete. Will they wriggle their thumps for the rest of the year? Or start 10 completely new armies? I don’t think so. 

Not all battletomes are truly 2.0. I can only speak for Nighthaunt battletome which I own and it lacks all those clans/legions/skyports mechanic that was started by Idoneth Deepkin battletome if I remember correctly. So same goes for Stormcasts, Nurgle and some other 1.5 battletomes I guess. 

As for the Teclis I wonder what rules he gets and how strong he is. Is he Nagash level mage? What is his cost? More 500 or 800 points? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

And there it is again. Right at the very moment the battletome and even a scenario piece is announced, people begin to fear for the future of the army.

I agree with this to a degree. It's one thing to be justifiably disappointed with the lack of a more comprehensive or model-oriented update (or the prospect of that in 2020) but if we're at the point where the reaction is "A new battletome? Damn, that's a guaranteed sign that they're being squatted", then parts of the fandom might be irrevocably brain-poisoned. That seems to be more prevalent elsewhere than necessarily on TGA but it's quite a thing to see.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I am actually pleased that regular horses are still a thing.

You need some grounding for the weirdness to show through.

Hell, I am going to change a significant percentage of my horses to be mechanical, which would not be unsettling if there weren't any horses around!

Plot twist: There are no horses on Hysh. *Space Puppy whimpering sound*

And Teclis' Tauralon got the next best thing next to plastic surgery - a mask. 

This army has enough weirdness going on. :)

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Admech is quite an AoS faction in design now. I think GW is okay with that, it can be a bridging thing, and if I use their gorgeous mounts in kitbashing, they don't lose a cent on it.

Come to think of it, if I get my hands on a few Corpsmare endless spells, I could put machinery inside, as if it was a mechanical steed, but covered with horse skin in an attempt not to scare the populous that goes horribly awry when combat rips that skin.

I just noticed, in the video, Thul-88-Rha does not request anything.

Because he already stated he would stop bothering Bartolomus in the Archeopter video.

Ahhh, consistency, nice.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

My guess is Teclis in game will be more on Allarielle level and just below Nagash, Teclis is big time sure, but Nagash he is not. That is good news though as the point tag around the 500 level makes for more interesting armies than those 800+ models.

I also prefer tag around 400-500 points so there is still room for other big models in a 2k army. On the other hand I would like to see someone who makes Nagash rattle his bone ass. 

12 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

how will seraphon players cope with their faction only having a one word title?

This is how we really know GW hates them!!!!!!!!! Talk about second-class citizens.

----this is a joke (internet and sarcasm yadda yadda)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mawtribes cope by binge eating. 😄

Looking at those new spear elves, as well as the Chaos warriors of December, I predict a lot of releases in that vein this year: Old models being replaced by modern sculpts, while retaining a good portion of their classic design.

Eat this, pessimists! 😎

Real (high) elves on real horses. All the memories are so vivid now. This is certainly a release aimed at older, nostalgic players like myself, just like OG StD start collecting box. 

I think we can spot their scenery piece in the clip around 0:30, standing next to the Teclis maxi-mini. A huge rock with bonsai trees.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Oh man, it’s so sad but I’m still buzzing about this chonky ZOAT lad. 

I really do like Blackstone Fortress as a game but the way they’ve used it to dig back into the lore, pull out a few very old classics and bring to the table little explored parts of the universe is just truly wonderful.

The one thing I’ve always found jarring about 40k was the idea of this dull, strictly segregated universe. Makes sense game wise but, for all it’s brilliantly wild over the top nonsense, as an actual lived in universe it sometimes felt a little sterile.

Using BSF as this kind of Mos Eisley haven of scum & villainy where the myriad races of the cosmos are actually represented and have to run up against one another is much more interesting. Hopefully their trawl through the Rogue Trader bestiary continues apace and at some point we get Warp Vampires, Catachan Face Eaters, Enslavers, Carnivorous Sand Clams, Jokaero, Ptera-Squirrels, Ymgrl Genestealers, Cthellean Cudbears, Groxes, Gyrinxes and, let’s us not forget, a HORSE.

I’m torn as I really want them to come back to AoS with Quest and likewise use it to hurl loads of crazy models at us that wouldn’t immediately fit in a normal army release but then I want them to carry on with BSF and bring more high weirdness back to the war torn galaxy of the 41st millennium (or 42nd now, I forget).

Astonishing to think the world is on the brink of total socio-political-environmental collapse and this is what’s getting my blood pumping, probably need to rethink my priorities but still a welcome break from the real life End Times I guess...

By the world you mean 40k right.  AoS is rocking right along, the true overlords are back to spread smugness and trade to the lesser civilizations.