The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

So warcry cards for armies not yet released and armies not even mentioned.and yet nothing for cities of sigmar the evidence is mounting up .no other army is getting this sort of treatment it really is leaving a lot of people out in the cold. Enjoy the aelves and giants shame there will be no humans to fight.

Just because they have little mutations due to worshipping chaos doesn’t mean their not humans.... so insensitive. 

#slavestodarknessarehumanstoo

Edited by Kramer
  • LOVE IT! 4

11 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

It's like a wonderful Poe's Law thing, where I legitimately can't tell if it's a real person, or if it's some forum regular making an alt account posting as satire.

Surprise reveal: Icegoat and Runebrush are the same person...

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Just because they have little mutations due to worshipping chaos doesn’t mean their not humans.... so insensitive. 

#slavestodarknessarehumanstoo

Actually that's very true - heck a large number of the Slaves to Darkness don't even have mutations in the AoS setting; they are just the wild peoples left behind after Chaos destroyed most of civilization. They are bandits and tribes and nomadic farmers. Herders and shepherds and villages and such. They outnumber the ordered humans many times over. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Actually that's very true - heck a large number of the Slaves to Darkness don't even have mutations in the AoS setting; they are just the wild peoples left behind after Chaos destroyed most of civilization. They are bandits and tribes and nomadic farmers. Herders and shepherds and villages and such. They outnumber the ordered humans many times over. 

Haha why am I disappointed by my stupid joke being supported by lore knowledge 😂

you’re absolutely right of course.   

24 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

It's like a wonderful Poe's Law thing, where I legitimately can't tell if it's a real person, or if it's some forum regular making an alt account posting as satire.

My own thoughts are that anyone that down and negative couldn't possibly ignore the barbs thrown in return for their mad posts. 

You can't be so zen and yet driven to post depressing cities of sigmar laments at the same time. At least I think so. 

So alas I think it's a troll. 

55 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I really cant say what we'll see at which preview. So far we have evidence for Sons of Behemat, Seraphon and Pointy Aelfs for AoS

we know for certain we will see pointy aelves. they said so. it is possible but imo unlikely to see a second new faction, but seraphon battletome would not be a huge reveal if it was just a battletome/spells/terrain. 

5 minutes ago, Turragor said:

My own thoughts are that anyone that down and negative couldn't possibly ignore the barbs thrown in return for their mad posts. 

You can't be so zen and yet driven to post depressing cities of sigmar laments at the same time. At least I think so. 

So alas I think it's a troll. 

I think it's best to err on the side of assuming mental illness. I'm careful not to poke someone, even an anonymous someone, who might be actually hurting. Best simply not to engage if you're not sure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The only pain I feel is that the mortal realms are a far hollower and  restrictive place than the old world. In the old world humans were in every flavour. Every race and creed.in aos we have chaos humans and the few sets remaining of the free guild.thats it.  It is a tragedy that give years down the line aos still doesn't have a human faction. Stormcast eternals are the hollowest of all.

• Haha 1

Just now, Icegoat said:

The only pain I feel is that the mortal realms are a far hollower and  restrictive place than the old world. In the old world humans were in every flavour. Every race and creed.in aos we have chaos humans and the few sets remaining of the free guild.thats it.  It is a tragedy that give years down the line aos still doesn't have a human faction. Stormcast eternals are the hollowest of all.

More than half the human factions in Old World never got an official army release. Those that did get an official release it was often in a side game like the ancient Amazonian Mordhiem warband. There really was only two human factions - Empire and Bretonnia - which survived. Kisleve lasted around for a while but eventually died off. So that's 3 human factions, 4 if you include Slaves to Darkness - which back then were far more heavily infested with demons and chaos warriors and most of the humans were heavily mutated. 

Also AoS is rich in races, its just no longer a world where Dwarves and Elves are dwindling and the world is moving toward a world of men. AoS Realms are at the height of a fantasy age where there's lizards and men and dwarves and elves and ogors and greenskins and more. It's a rich world, just not one dominated by humanity .

And of course that's before you consider the fact that you can convert a human faction to about whatever style you want and it fits. Human faction from the far east - got them - humans from the far north - got them. AoS Realms have potential for humans of ANY kind. They just no longer call each one a distinct racial group in a big enough way that they might be made into a full army. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Out of interest did we ever get any more info/confirmation on the ‘Amazonia Gothique’ model that popped up last November?

At the time I thought it might be a special model for the 2020 Black Library Day, I saw one of the BL authors showing off the cover of this year’s giveaway anthology this morning so it must be coming up fairly soon.

could be a more official reveal later tonight...

9 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I think it was confirmed to be a fake? I have to admit, it looks very convincing ...

Gosh if that is fake then someone went through a huge amount of effort. The packaging which requires the fully painted version of the model plus the on-sprue version. 

My guess is that it's either something we will hear about in the not-too-distant future or it's something that was supposed to get released a while ago and got canned for some reason.

13 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I think it was confirmed to be a fake? I have to admit, it looks very convincing ...

Convincing mock up absolutely, but if you look at the various redux and reinterpretations of the past few years, thinking especially of the Noise Marine and Sisters, it looks very inhibited and rigid as a sculpt, and just generally pretty basic 

3 hours ago, Gecktron said:

There is a block function. You can ignore users with just a few clicks. I did that for 2-3 people here and my whole experience improved by a lot. 

I'm probably being dense but I can't find it. 

Could you direct me to how to block someone via mobile? 

It could have been a test model or a promotional model. Test models might have come from overseas factories with GW experimenting with other forms of production; might have been done before they started building the new factory as a potential means to test other sources to pick up the slack. It might have been for a promotional event within a department of GW that then had the event cancel or delay which resulted it it going into hiding. 

There's a fair few reasons why something might make it that far and not get used. Though I'd wager it would have been resin or even 3D print if it was a test. It would be far too expensive to make a plastic injection mould just to test things like that.