The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

There is a guy on 4Chan claiming to be in the known. As always, 4Chan isnt trust worthy, but I think its interesting to see how close they got:

Early april Battlebox Pointy Aelfs vs. Idoneth Deepkin

Idoneth get a unit that buffs Namarti, the shadow from the teaser is the box exclusive for the pointy aelfs

chan.PNG.0fc337f8c2965d57d8591b5abba72d46.PNG

chan2.PNG.1b0618dd596c0bad0689c05e203027ff.PNG

chn3.PNG.17b5e33c90a3b5ed525ea83f4f12e717.PNG

54 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Oh he knows nothing

Damn, I got excited for a moment there. IDK vs Pointy Aelves box does sound cool though, maybe we'll see something like that way down the line.

The box set they're describing would be £150 worth of minis on the idk side alone. There's no way a dual box would include a kit as big as a Leviadon. Also aren't we pretty sure the sillouette is Teclis? I wouldn't expect to him in a dual box either.

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

Yeah that's 100% Teclis since the video showed it right after saying he's a god. Which also makes that "leaker's" claim Brayherd droppings since he says it's for a archmage unit instead.

Just now, Thiagoma said:

Yeahhhh he follow up with "Nagash will almost break Archeon but then Settra Happens"

Would love it to be true but cmon....

There's red flags then there's crimson flags that Khorne personally dipped in his own sacred blood pool.

Also shows the "leaker" doesn't keep up with the lore since Mannfred took care of that problem. ;)

Just now, Blueraven84 said:

If someone is actually on the know, it's good to stop these trolls at the starting line..

It's 4chan, that's squashing one cockroach before a hundred more scurry out when your back is turned.

(Though I partially agree because that "Not-High Elf" nonsense is making me grind my teeth)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Probably something dragonish but visually distinct from the old WHFB ones or the stardrakes. Something that has the same relation to a dragon as the stromcast tauralon has to a Pegasus, some magical Hyshite beast.

Something like an aelf on a Falcor-like dragon would be nice 😍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

So we know the elves are going to be high elvish, but what are you guys expecting/hoping their centerpiece/monster kits will look like? Think they'll go back go dragon riders, or try something different?

I personally can never get enough of X on a bigass dragon myself.

it probably going to be a Teclis model as the big centerpiece judging by how they done Sylvaneath and Daughters of Khaine with their gods

if they get two big models in the release like Idoneath did (which was the only time they ever did it)my guess would be a giant Skycutter ship

since GW like Cavalry lords there could be a Vorturnos /Akelian King Kit riding a small dragon-like creature.

4 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

Damn, I got excited for a moment there. IDK vs Pointy Aelves box does sound cool though, maybe we'll see something like that way down the line.

Yeah, that Order vs Order thing would even make sense at some point. We had already:

Chaos vs Death (Skaven vs FEC)
Order vs Destruction (Sylvaneth vs Gloomspite)
Destruction vs Death (Ogors vs Bonereapers)
Chaos vs Order ( Kharadron vs Tzeentch)

We miss:
Chaos vs Destruction
Order vs Death

And maybe a cycle of GA vs itself.
What´s most interesting: Current Loresnippets don´t show any obvious pairings here. Any cool suggestions from you guys?

40 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Yeah, that Order vs Order thing would even make sense at some point. We had already:

Chaos vs Death (Skaven vs FEC)
Order vs Destruction (Sylvaneth vs Gloomspite)
Destruction vs Death (Ogors vs Bonereapers)
Chaos vs Order ( Kharadron vs Tzeentch)

We miss:
Chaos vs Destruction
Order vs Death

And maybe a cycle of GA vs itself.
What´s most interesting: Current Loresnippets don´t show any obvious pairings here. Any cool suggestions from you guys?

Uhm didn't we have SCE vs Nighthaunt? Like literally all the friggin' time? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Even without our resident user 'in the know', there was so many red flags in those 4chan comments. Aside of what has been mentioned, Tyrion riding Sleipnir would be a weird thing - although Norse Pointy Elves could work, I doubt GW wants to go back to 'Real life culture X but fantasy'. Same with return of Nippon. All new releases have been rather amalgamations of different cultures than the models of yore. Even in lore the old factions that survived End Times have moved away from that - Freeguilds aren't german anymore, dinosaur aztecs are now Dinosaur Aztecs: The Next Generation going where no saurian has gone before and both chaos and dwarves have purposefully strayed away from being vikings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Even without our resident user 'in the know', there was so many red flags in those 4chan comments. Aside of what has been mentioned, Tyrion riding Sleipnir would be a weird thing - although Norse Pointy Elves could work, I doubt GW wants to go back to 'Real life culture X but fantasy'. Same with return of Nippon. All new releases have been rather amalgamations of different cultures than the models of yore. Even in lore the old factions that survived End Times have moved away from that - Freeguilds aren't german anymore, dinosaur aztecs are now Dinosaur Aztecs: The Next Generation going where no saurian has gone before and both chaos and dwarves have purposefully strayed away from being vikings.

There are some similarities between Teclis and Tyrion and Hodr and Baldr, though.  For example they are brothers, Hodr is a blind consumate warrior and both survived Ragnarok, the End Times.   They were also the sons of Odin, so having an 8-legged horse wouldn't be out of the question.  Also, you have the Ljosalfar, or Light Elves, also from the Norse sagas.  There is a fair amount of norse influence in both the old and new setting, nine realms with gateways between them springs to mind.

That's not to say I believe the 4chan rumour, of course. 

• Like 5