The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

My issue is that Nagash is just way too powerful in the lore.

To be fair the man's a god though, one who is very much all about being in control. I think what someone said earlier is probably the route they'll go with vampires and by that I mean the whole they do their own things thinking their in control when really they're being manipulated by Nagash through Manfred and Neferata. Nagash seems to not be in control of FEC who are the offspring (well the ghoul kings and arch-regents anyway) of Ushoran another vampire, so there is a precedent for vampires (or at least particularly strong ones) being independent of Nagash which could be explored if they ever get a battletome. There's also necromancers, they're human or at least were so I don't really think Nagash would have much if any power over them. Whether or not they get an army expansion and tome is anyone's guess but it would be interesting and another opportunity to explore a potentially rebellious faction if they did.

I'd love a fantasy insect race. Actually designing one atm. Love the mantid from warcraft and the bone reapers bodies have always looked quite chitinous, plus its got the eastern aesthetic 

So I'm gonna see what they look like with bloodletter legs and tyranid heads. Sap coloured weapons, insect wings. 

A new non humanoid race really would be awesome to see. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Shearl said:

I'd love the addition of an insect army, yet I really hope they wouldn't just be AoS Tyranids.  I'd like for them to have a real culture rather than a hive-mind. 

It could happen, in Beastgrave there is mention of something called the Ur-grub so if they really wanted to they could explore that concept and expand it out into an army. I'm sure if they ever did make a bug faction (which I'd be all in on, that sounds awesome) they'd be able to figure out a way to make them considerably different from Tyranids. 

Just make Greenskins more humanesque "culturally  speaking" ala WHFB, more greedy, with the Diogenes Syndrome carrying on whatever piece of clothe fur armour metal or whatever you want, not just a bunch of punchers in ironclad. For me the problem with IJ is that they seem too "clean", just metal and skin, no real trophies aside some beast skulls . Play wise, made them heavier on cavalry/chariots/machines, charge impacts and put the Gitmob again in the mix. Make their purpose to run at full speed through all mortal realms like a tornado without stopping, because they workship Gorkamorka's first strike on land and they have to continue moving the force it generated eons ago. Think in something like Mad Max going green. I'm a nerd of Old Fashioned O&G, I'm not denying it, but I truly belive this would work so effing good.

3 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

To be fair the man's a god though, one who is very much all about being in control. I think what someone said earlier is probably the route they'll go with vampires and by that I mean the whole they do their own things thinking their in control when really they're being manipulated by Nagash through Manfred and Neferata.

Yeah I guess it makes sense atm, but alas I dislike that he's such an oppresive front figure of the entire Death faction bar maybe FEC. I find it boring and monotone, and it ruins the Death faction for me. That's why I was hoping for a new Death entity that would be their own, or something/someone would slap him silly and a couple of steps down the power-curve. But hey, each to their own. ;) Maybe it is on purpose to make the Death faction different and stand out compared to the others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

True that could work. And if they operated like a swarm of bugs that worked on an instinctual level then they wouldnt need to worship any god at all...that would be a first 

Yeah and they could go as far as giving battleshock tests for every unit not in range of a hero and so on... but that is wishlisting. The point is that destruction doesn’t have to be green and ugly... or whatever colour the Ogors are 😂

19 minutes ago, GorbadIronClaw said:

Just make Greenskins more humanesque "culturally  speaking" ala WHFB, more greedy, with the Diogenes Syndrome carrying on whatever piece of clothe fur armour metal or whatever you want, not just a bunch of punchers in ironclad. For me the problem with IJ is that they seem too "clean", just metal and skin, no real trophies aside some beast skulls . Play wise, made them heavier on cavalry/chariots/machines, charge impacts and put the Gitmob again in the mix. Make their purpose to run at full speed through all mortal realms like a tornado without stopping, because they workship Gorkamorka's first strike on land and they have to continue moving the force it generated eons ago. Think in something like Mad Max going green. I'm a nerd of Old Fashioned O&G, I'm not denying it, but I truly belive this would work so effing good.

So, in effect, green Ogres. 😁

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Just a nudge but can we get back to rumours please?

Think the next preview is the Las Vegas Open on 24th Jan which hopefully we will hear what other name the Pointy Aelves go by

My guess is that it will be something to do with Asur. Asuri? Asurions? 

23 hours ago, prochuvi said:

And why every faction need same number of armys?

40k have more marines in diferents colours than all xenos armys together and gw dont care.

Meanwhile we dont get new colours stormcast with new name and rules and call it new army im fine with grand aliances having diferent numbers of armys

Patterning the AoS universe/release structure after 40k is NOT what GW should be striving for

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, sandlemad said:

If they do go with grotbag scuttlers, I can see that being distinct from the existing destruction armies. Make it fast, ramshackle and shooty, and you'd have something that would play differently and be very visually distinct. Lots of messy airships careening about the place, with some skirmishers and maybe a bit of horde infantry.

The trick would be making them distinct from Kharadron but shifting the emphasis to, I dunno, insane gadgets, minimal armour and high volume of fire would probably work.

Basically skaven kharadron overlords but grot models ?

42 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Patterning the AoS universe/release structure after 40k is NOT what GW should be striving for

Considering that there are more army types in AoS than in 40K I think its very clear GW isn't going the 40K path. Instead of 10 different stormcast armies there's - 10 widely different aelf armies 😜 And skeletones and dwarves and lizard and rats and stuff

I've a feeling GW is going to tease us with the "pointy aelves" for a while, but should start to leak out more than concept art. However I'm more hoping we'll see Seraphon getting some release info. I'd really love to see GW "complete" AoS in terms of 2.0 support before "pointy aelves" land. It just shifts things into a new gear, esp for getting new people into the hobby. No more telling them to wait or to hold back; anyone can launch into ANY army and have fully 2.0 supported rules, FAQ, Errata and such. 

After thatI really hope we start to hear about those battlebox models that are still not sold. Considering GW's new factory should be online now or soon? (I've not kept up but we only tend to hear about it in the financial reports)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Just a nudge but can we get back to rumours please?

Think the next preview is the Las Vegas Open on 24th Jan which hopefully we will hear what other name the Pointy Aelves go by

Let's take a look!

WHFB elves: Asrai (wood), Asur (high), Druchii (dark)
Are now Wanderers, Highborn, and Exiles

Teclis' created/saved aelves he named Cythai ("awakened"), before they morphed into Idoneth Deepkin

Morathi's created/saved aelves are called The Scathborn, but the units have -ai as names, not sure if they've got elven meanings. She also has leathanam which are "worker drones".

We have beast aelves named Kurnothi after the hunting god Kurnoth, who is a combination of Kurnous and the other elven god I can't remember right now.

I think the Hysh aelves will have a name that Teclis gave them, especially since his first try failed. Now my guess, is that the faction name will be an aelven word--the question is what is related to "awakened"? Maybe they'll be "The Ascended" instead, since this is Teclis' successful magic?

If the aelven name is based on Hysh itself, we have some main components of the realm to go by: logic, reason, symmetry,  and aetherquartz as their magical resource means geometric and crystalline aesthetics for the realm.

GW may separate the faction title from the aelf term like DOK, of which I think it will have something to do with this "Lumination" that the wiki mentions. But Idoneth are both faction and race name so it's really up for grabs I guess... I'm dying over this wait y'all

(inb4 they're still called Cythai)

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 3

I do hope the Pointy Elves get a series of animation teases like DoK and Gloomspite. The DoK videos in paryicular were quite impressive. Not enough for me to bite, but definitely to peak my interests in Elf, luckily for me I like my Elves Green and riding/fused-with Elks and Stags. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

Looking over my old Fantasy collection and I have to say, I will give this new era GW all the credit when it comes to releasing Battletome's and rule updates.  This longbeard is going to age himself a bit and recall that it took 9 years between Dwarf 6th Edition and 8th Edition (no 7th for us).   KO only had to wait 2.5 years!  Not to mention online FAQs and apps.  I love that GW finally discovered the internet.

To the rumors at hand, I firmly believe that Pointy Elves will be a decent size release and will incorporate many elements from the High Elf squatted line.  I'm hoping for Dragons and Phoenix's for my Dawi to firmly plant their axes in.  

Wait I play KO know.  Guess plenty of those guys for me to shoot far away as possible with my balloon ships.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Basically skaven kharadron overlords but grot models ?

Pretty much! It'd be a tricky brief, making a grotbag scuttlers faction work without stepping on the toes of Kharadron, Gloomspite or Skyre. I think the key to differentiating them from Skaven would be to put less emphasis on the super-science/sorcery (e.g. warp lightning cannons) and more on the "how the hell is that working" (e.g. snotling pump wagon, spear chukkas, that chainsaw/bomb/pogo stick combo from Blood Bowl,  a lot of 40k ork stuff).

It'd be cool to see a Destruction faction with access to blackpowder weapons; swashbuckling, soot-stained grot sky-pirates festooned with pistols and constantly falling out of their airships.

RE: rumours, it'll be interesting to see how much info on the pointy elves we'll actually get. Maybe a trailer with a few models and a battletome cover? Last LVO was more about previewing Shadowspear and indirectly only through that the range refresh for Chaos Marines and the next chamber opening for Primaris. Not a precedent exactly. I don't think we saw all that much of Gloomspite when the models were first shown either, a lot of the range was first noted from blurry scans and such.

• LOVE IT! 1

I'm actually wondering at the size of the Pointy Aelves as well.  I'd imagine they'll be somewhere around Idoneth/Bonereaper size (so a bit larger than Ironjawz or Fyreslayers).  A larger release would be amazing as well of course, but I'd be surprised to see it happen that way since we really haven't seen super large faction crop up from nothing (Stormcast  took multiple releases to get to where they are).

Personally, I'm guessing it'll have:

Heroes - 
Tyrion
Teclis
Wizard 1 (offensive focused)
Wizard 2 (defensive focused)
Aelven Aengel  (Aengel haha) Hero (dual kit with named and un-named version similar to Liege Kavalos and Akhelian King)
Regular Aelven foot hero

Battleline -
Archers
Spears
Some missle cav akin to reavers

Artillery -
A sort of solar engine ballista

Other -
Dual kit of Aengelic Aelves
Aengelic Pegasus Cav

Bonus -
Probably also Phoenix Temple units
Endless Spells
Terrain

That would honestly be a fairly huge release, so I'm probably dreaming too big, but I really do think there will be a bit of an angelic angle (or light-infused angle) to this faction and I think they will roughly mirror old high elves, but with new models.  It's possible that Tyrion and Teclis won't both make it into the faction, but I don't see where else Tyrion would be if not here since I doubt they'd do 2 light aelf factions.

Edited by willange
  • LOVE IT! 1