The Rumour Thread

58 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

What this new years day announcement blatantly and obviously shows is that seraphon are going to be another one week release window battle tome with no endless spells and no faction terrain. GW do seem to actually be full on killing off the old army's now. Most won't reach 2021 of that I'm sure. 

This is the same doom & gloom that you spread in the Cities of Sigmar thread. Sorry but you're wrong, they've already done the big model cull and what we have now is what will be kept and and supported. Not to mention Seraphon are an integral part of AoS. 

2 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

This is the same doom & gloom that you spread in the Cities of Sigmar thread. Sorry but you're wrong, they've already done the big model cull and what we have now is what will be kept and and supported. Not to mention Seraphon are an integral part of AoS. 

Integral?? Which novel have they based around them? Which expansion? Which battlebox where they in? Seraphons last battle tome was 2015. They are as integral as the stir River patrol are to age of sigmar. Would not be a shock if they went on last chance to buy in the next few months. 

9 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Integral?? Which novel have they based around them? Which expansion? Which battlebox where they in? Seraphons last battle tome was 2015. They are as integral as the stir River patrol are to age of sigmar. Would not be a shock if they went on last chance to buy in the next few months. 

Yeah you tell ‘im! I’ll go get the pitch forks! 

Or go do something I do enjoy if GW ever incite even half the vehemence in me as it seems to do to you 

Personally, I'd expect Seraphon and possibly Nurgle in those circa 3 months we have until Teclis come in. Possibly model-less releases, or endless spells only, but still. GW seems to be set on replacing all the old tomes as fast as they can. They have more than enough time if they keep their current tempo.

And I honestly wonder what comes next after everything is updated. More factions still? AoS 3.0? Or just stream of campaign supplements to keep the setting alive and give something new to existing factions?

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

What this new years day announcement blatantly and obviously shows is that seraphon are going to be another one week release window battle tome with no endless spells and no faction terrain. GW do seem to actually be full on killing off the old army's now. Most won't reach 2021 of that I'm sure. 

Yo, a question. Did you get a chance to test this competitive CoS list we created for you when you were crying it's impossible to do with your self imposed restrictions? Nah, of course you didn't, you're just here to moan because you apparently hate the idea of others having fun. 

(But, all others, mind you, he immediately disappeared from CoS subforum after we 'helped' him, so if anyone has any concrete data to share about current issues, maybe that'll scare him off too ;))

Sorry for slight derailing, he's too funny to not engage.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Check the Tome of Champion 

GW definitely has plan for Lizardmen 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I have a feeling Seraphon are going to be stringed along until Warhammer Old World drops, with the odd bitnof terrain maybe a plastic skink or sauraus charcater, and then removed for the most part from AoS. If we did see them in Age of Sigmar I wouldn’t expect them under the same guise. Personally for Seraphon to gel in with the rest of the High Fantasy setting I think they need a drastic overhaul to a lot of their core range, they also need some more spicing, I’d like to see either the daemon or star aspect. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Personally I'd sort of hope that GW doesn't focus on whole armies after Seraphon and instead steadily releases updated models and a few new sculpts here and there to all armies in random rotation. Basically so instead of wiating 5 years for some armies you get little bits all the time. For armies like Seraphon and Skaven this would be more updating old sculpts to new models as they already have pretty large and varied forces as it is. For armies like Daughters of Khaine and Fyreslayers etc... this would be more about adding new models and niches into the armies that are already out. 

Along the way release new armies like Spiky Aelves and perhaps even big updates in chunks to some armies too.

I'd hope that its not ALL duel army boxes. Esp since GW is very slow to bring many of the unique models in them to market and, eventually, the appeal of a big chunk of models can backfire. GW sortof had this happen with the new Eldar and Dark Eldar box. A very expensive box that had new models that were REALLY popular, but at the same time the rest of the expensive box was core models that existing fans just didnt' "need" more of. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

I have a feeling Seraphon are going to be stringed along until Warhammer Old World drops, with the odd bitnof terrain maybe a plastic skink or sauraus charcater, and then removed for the most part from AoS. If we did see them in Age of Sigmar I wouldn’t expect them under the same guise. Personally for Seraphon to gel in with the rest of the High Fantasy setting I think they need a drastic overhaul to a lot of their core range, they also need some more spicing, I’d like to see either the daemon or star aspect. 

Why do they need a massive overhaul? They are already massive lizard warriors that go to war with some of the most powerful individual mages of the Age, whilst at the same time riding huge dinosaurs. That's all very suitably epic in scope for AoS. 

Plus they sell REALLY well it seems. Remember they've had no real proper Battletome and yet their Christmas box from last year sold out the fastest of any of the other AoS ones. Slaves to Darkness, also without a tome, still had their box at this Christmas (and its likely still kicking around in a good few stores, though likely nearly all gone now that a new Tome is actually out).

I can't see Seraphon going anywhere. Yes they need some updates, but they've got more than enough staying power. If little rats carrying wooden spears and sheilds can survive and half naked men with bone weapons then I'm sure man-sized lizards with thick armour like scales can survive. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Nos said:

Used to get stuff like this all the time when I started out with Warhammer, nice way to add more value to your collection and change things up.

I had a feeling last year we won't get a new "classic" aelf faction until the next edition and I maintain that with this release. Pretty sure they wont turn up until Nagash and Archaon are out of the spotlight. I'm betting that Slaanesh gets free and then the aelves turn up in that "chapter".

Well this aged well 👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Overread said:

Why do they need a massive overhaul? They are already massive lizard warriors that go to war with some of the most powerful individual mages of the Age, whilst at the same time riding huge dinosaurs. That's all very suitably epic in scope for AoS. 

Plus they sell REALLY well it seems. Remember they've had no real proper Battletome and yet their Christmas box from last year sold out the fastest of any of the other AoS ones. Slaves to Darkness, also without a tome, still had their box at this Christmas (and its likely still kicking around in a good few stores, though likely nearly all gone now that a new Tome is actually out).

I can't see Seraphon going anywhere. Yes they need some updates, but they've got more than enough staying power. If little rats carrying wooden spears and sheilds can survive and half naked men with bone weapons then I'm sure man-sized lizards with thick armour like scales can survive. 

Yes but that thick armour like scale was dreamed up by a frog now. I much preferred the spawning pools and misty jungle temples than hypnotaods acid trip lore. 

Seraphon are a very cool species group, their models just don't look good enough anymore compared to some of the creatures and armies we now have. 

I believe the Seraphon lore is evolving and that there are now lizardmen living in settlements. I think we will see them return to having cities and settlements and spawning pools and all once again. I think that it gives writers and GW far more room for lore and stories about them; otherwise its all just a handful of Slaan driving the story forward as, whilst summoned Seraphon do have personalities, they are very much "here for there battle and then gone" 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Yes but that thick armour like scale was dreamed up by a frog now. I much preferred the spawning pools and misty jungle temples than hypnotaods acid trip lore. 

Seraphon are a very cool species group, their models just don't look good enough anymore compared to some of the creatures and armies we now have. 

That's ancient lore. They do have spawning pools again and are more ground-based. Their lore has already been re-worked outside their own battletome. When their battletome comes out (not long now), they'll be quite different lore-wise from the old tome.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

Man you have me beat in terms of grouch levels, are these your real opinions or do you just want to stir the pot? 

• Haha 1

Seraphon are in all the major lore events, even if only mentioned in passing. They've also had rule updates in each general's handbook. 

They are never getting squatted in a million years. In point the fact its been so long for them without a tome suggests GW wants to do more not less with the army. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, xking said:

Does Teclis have horns now?

I think it's a new iteration of the lunar crest the Teclis models had on his helmet. That was part of his devotion to the elven moon-goddess Lileath but largely got associated with him. Suggests to me that if that isn't Teclis himself or his avatar, it's some sort of priest-wizard leader dude with great authority in Hysh.

515g+aEFSIL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

There's probably potential in the background for something symbolic and interesting about these dudes being an army of the Realm of Light and Teclis sort of being the moon while Tyrion is the sun... and then maybe something further about how despite the moon only shining with the sun's reflected light, Tyrion is blind and can only see through Teclis.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

I think it's a new iteration of the lunar crest the Teclis models had on his helmet. That was part of his devotion to the elven moon-goddess Lileath but largely got associated with him. Suggests to me that if that isn't Teclis himself or his avatar, it's some sort of priest-wizard leader dude with great authority in Hysh.

515g+aEFSIL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

There's probably potential in the background for something symbolic and interesting about these dudes being an army of the Realm of Light and Teclis sort of being the moon while Tyrion is the sun... and then maybe something further about how despite the moon only shining with the sun's reflected light, Tyrion is blind and can only see through Teclis.

In the first Gotrek audio drama there is a passing reference to a priest of Teclis so the silhouette could be that because we all know priests have the best hats!

Seraphon will probably be a pretty big release with new kits/revamped kits, endless spells, and terrain. Something like a spawning pool or focusing crystal or something. 

At this point it's probably safe to take what @Icegoat says and think of the opposite, and that's what will happen.

• Haha 2

from the Reddit ( some grain of salt), Seraphon was asked during the seminar

"Sat at the Warhammer World Open Day AoS Seminar and asked the Panel about the future of Seraphon.

Confirmed that

"They will get a new book"

"They will get their day in the Sun"

"We have done some work on them within Malign Portents""

• Like 2

I don't really see any indication that Seraphon will be a big release, unless we seriously think it's going to be another six months til their book. The tease suggests that Pointy Elves are the next big releases, and there aren't really any rumour engines suggesting upcoming seraphon.

I'm hopeful there will be endless spells, terrain, and maybe one new plastic kit, but I can't see anything bigger than that in the near future.

• Like 1