The Rumour Thread

The blue lightning effects come from the Skaven's Warp Lightning Vortex.

I love GW's team that does those custom terrains. They're so good and creative that they inadvertently create rumors about new sets virtually every time. Disbelief is the highest form of praise and I catch myself often figuring that THIS TIME I definitely spotted an unannounced kit in the background 🙃

• Like 1

10 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I'm a lot more concerned, like @Frowny, about gaunt summoner spam. 

Depending on battalions though it might not be so bad as the list may be forced into pretty high drops and gets hard countered by anything that can project force on turn 1, particularly long range or deepstriking shooting.  CoS bridge lists, shooty living city, or builds with a bunch of shadow warriors will easily table a 6 gaunt list on turn 1 if Tzeentch can't keep their drops low.

Ta da. 

Allegiance: Tzeentch
5 x Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch 
Chaos Sorcerer Lord 
4 x 5  Chaos Warriors 
Fatesworn Warband 

Total: 1990 / 2000

I could totally imagine a Chaos Sorcerer Lord (Bob) with his bodyguards and retinue of sorcerers doing a summoning ritual to open a rift from the Chaos Realm. Would totally deploy them in a summoning circle 

Edited by Qaz

13 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I don't think it's that easy to be honest. You / opponent have to cast 9 spells. That is likely going to take at least two battle rounds unless your opponent is also really casting heavy. 

Also unless the LoC gets a significant buff in combat then they aren't actually that scary to fight. They have very good casting, but adding one to your army means it can't know a lore spell. So it's only going to be shooting endless spells or warscroll spells. 

Lastly you also forgo being able to summon all other units. A lot of players would rather be able to summon some horrors onto an objective than get a LoC. Or do the old slaanesh trick of summoning a herald, who summons another herald and so on to get a back line objective. 

Im guessing you havent played against Hallowheart who can sling out 12ish spells per hero phase? Pray no one ever sees Tzeentch vs Hallowheart. It would be a perfect storm of apocalyptic magic.

Plus with Acolytes and Pinks casting it would be super easy. LoC can cast 2 currently, Gaunts cast 2, Curseling casts 2. Im not so much worried about LoC's as I am the potential of hundreds of Horrors 

7 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Again, im 99,9% sure these are studiomade. The staring rock thingy is easily made from Xps Foam a hint of greenstuff and a bead or two.

the other tentacle, the one with the white ribbed parts, Im pretty sure ive seen before, though I can’t recall where.

EDIT: think I found the tentacleowner🙂

D07579B4-2725-479F-8A90-62EF3D58362F.png

They might very well be some of the smaller tentacles. From memory isn’t it a dual kit with the other build not using the tentacles? 

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

Hmmm tentacles are pretty much the easiest thing to model there is. Not sure they'd even try to find some toy or kit with suitably large tentacles for the custom terrain. The Mutalith's tentacles are quite small for terrain... but maybe the Dark Aelves hydra kit (the alternate build option, Charybdis or something?) got used for some of the heads/ends.

Yeah quite small but not all the tentacles are that big. But the kharybis head options are a good shout for bits as well. (Especially for me that already has a dark elf army but no hydra’s just yet)

2 hours ago, Qaz said:

ould totally deploy them in a summoning circle 

Well you have to. Only way it’s going to work. 

6 hours ago, The_Dudemeister said:

The blue lightning effects come from the Skaven's Warp Lightning Vortex.

I love GW's team that does those custom terrains. They're so good and creative that they inadvertently create rumors about new sets virtually every time. Disbelief is the highest form of praise and I catch myself often figuring that THIS TIME I definitely spotted an unannounced kit in the background 🙃

Haha very good point. Also the creativity is amazing. For me as an older player I’m still half way stuck in the old world regarding terrain. I’m currently building a ruined city and a jungle table... this really has me questioning if I should go more crazy with a daemonic possessed table. Then I realise the rebasing that has to take place... ah well for my next army perhaps 😂

7 hours ago, Kramer said:

Wait am I missing something if I conclude this means all lord of changes are always -1 to hit in combat?

image.png.b2951dea4e722ec9b63495ba7ca1692b.png

Community team has done this before, where they crop up rules to few sentences and make it look different. We don't yet know whether there'll be extra line in there that restricts it to some specific units. 

But in all honesty, I am personally fine if this rule is true and works for heroes since tzeentch is really squishy army. 

• Like 2

I'd expect to see/hear news on

1) Sisters of Battle release

2) The next arc of the 40K campaign thing they've got going on (might just be rules could have new models)

3) AoS next Battletome - likely Seraphon.

4) Warcry Chaos model releases (which also twins with Slaves to Darkness getting those models as well)

5) Another Underworlds Warband

6) We "might" hear about some future plans for AoS since as of this weekend there will only be one more Battletome before its all over.

7) I'd like to see the release details for some of the double box exclusive miniatures from last year - Warlock Bombardiers and such. 

I don't think there will be any big surprises and if we got all of the above I'd be pretty happy. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

What can we expect from the open Day? The reveals are usualy for the up coming releases of the next quarter. So, we already know for Q1 that we have a big 40K release with Sista, 2 remaining monsters for StD....and what else?

We should get at least a teaser for the next AoS battletome, probably Seraphon. Likely a Warcry announcement, since we know the next wave of faction cards+Monsters is coming. We're also due for the next Underworlds Warband to be revealed.

For reference, at last years New Year Open day they showed off Genestealer Cults, Kill Team Arena+2 new Character box sets, Carrion Empire, Adepticus Titanicus/Lotr/Bloodbowl/Blackstone Fortress/Necromunda stuff, and a new Chaos Sorcerer.

Keeping in mind Gloomspite Gits had just been announced a few days before, it was a pretty decent slate of announcements. What it didn't have in retrospect was any teasing of the big summer releases of Forbidden Power and Warcry, so probably we won't see anything for AoS that isn't close to release.

The next big preview is likely LVO, which was the one last year that announced "new battletomes for every grand alliance" Blades of Khorne, Forbidden Power, Warcry, and ShadowSpear.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, angrycontra said:

But in all honesty, I am personally fine if this rule is true and works for heroes since tzeentch is really squishy army. 

Which has always been very weird to me. In 40k Tzeentch's main shtick is that they get a +1 on their invulnerable saves so always at least 4++. Khorne gets a bonus to attack and strength, Slaanesh is so fast they always fight first, Nurgle and Tzeentch got defensive boni.

When I switched to AoS I was very surprised to see that Tzeentch had one of the worst survivabilities in the game for their points cost while the other god factions had their usual defining boni.

That's worrying to see - very worrying. I wasn't under the impression that GW was going to make Endless Spells a limited edition product. These's no mention of anything like that on the GW website for the UK and its pretty abnormal for plastics to be that short a production run for anything that isn't a "store opening" purchase. 

Could be that it was something your store was doing as they wont' be stocking them much longer to encourage sales or is this "order came in" direct from GW themselves?

2 minutes ago, discoking said:

That's how it came, nothing to do with me or my store. 

I would have rang my guy but he's on holiday til Monday so I'll try find out then what's up and if this is a new thing. 

Maybe it's because they are going to put Endless Spell production on pause for a while and then do 40K Endless Spells (which have been hinted at a lot during Psychic Awakening?) We know the production of factions terrain and ES is done in the Far East, and maybe they have limited production slots there, or want to keep production over there low since they had delivery issues on that front last year.

19 minutes ago, PaniuBraniu said:

Probably it was pulled back from one of GW stores. Certain products have limited shelf life in their stores. They didn't bother to remove the sticker.

Yeah, My local GW has the same for certain products, its down to shelf space and then goes mail order only.

1 minute ago, Neffelo said:

That's kind of annoying that they just don't update the app as well now. 

well the point is that for the week between the pre-order going up and the new Battletome/Warscrolls/Points/Rules etc being officially available to everyone and 'in use' people playing with their armies under the old Battletome/Warscrolls/Points/Rules etc can still play with current army whilst using the app. 

16 minutes ago, JPjr said:

well the point is that for the week between the pre-order going up and the new Battletome/Warscrolls/Points/Rules etc being officially available to everyone and 'in use' people playing with their armies under the old Battletome/Warscrolls/Points/Rules etc can still play with current army whilst using the app. 

I guess that makes sense at least, though I think it's still a bit annoying.