The Rumour Thread

16 hours ago, novakai said:

plus Katakros was teased in Forbidden power as the secret entity and they left his identity on a cliffhanger so it had to been a death release coming really soon.

granted I am not sure if there going to be an AoS Christmas release this year since S2D are releasing so close in December but quite possible their something big on the horizon still.

is it confirmed Katakros was the entity?? Because the OBR intro lore sounds like he's been traveling around with the army

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

is it confirmed Katakros was the entity?? Because the OBR intro lore sounds like he's been traveling around with the army

The Reapers were basically made a long time ago and hidden in the catacombs that Nagash hid under the cities that Sigmar and Nagash built in the Realm of Death back when they were allies. Nagash basically provided endless skeletal slaves to build the vast cities, but at the same time hide these huge under ground structures to hide his Ossiarchs in. 

However Nagash is kinda nuts so having built this bone-mechanical super loyal army he didn't have anyone to lead it. So a few units, like the Morghasts got used; but otherwise the bulk of the Ossiarchs remained dormant. 

When Katakross got released from his prison Nagash put him in charge of the Ossiarchs because Katakros is basically the ideal general for Nagash. Katakros doesn't want to rule, he wants to be a general leading armies and Nagash lets him do just that in a great campaign to cleanse the lands of the dead of the living and to eventually carry that vision to the lands of the living too.

Once Katakross is released the Reapers go into full force; rising up and marching forth. 

• Like 2

Going back to Duardin rumors for a bit, it's been months since I read the new Fyreslayer tome, so I went and dug up the passage about Grugni I was thinking about:

Rumors of Grugni's return spread throughout the duardin factions, from Fyreslayer lodges to the Kharadron's aerial domains, as well as the Dispossessed and Ironweld Arsenal garrisons in the free cities of the Mortal Realms. It is said that the patriarch of the duardin pantheon has returned from his self-imposed exile and founded a new stronghold hidden beneath the mountains of Chamon. There are those who whisper that, in solitude, the Forge God is crafting something wondrous that will reunify his scattered children. Reports differ on what this could be, from a new duardin bloodline to a great machine, or even a way to bring back the missing goddess of the hearth. Whether such claims are true or merely the result of too much strong liquor and hidden hopes remain unknown.

One thing here that is interesting in retrospect is that it does place the Dispossessed/Ironweld in Free Cities, which is in line with their inclusion in Cities of Sigmar months later. It also emphasizes that Grugni is looking for a way to re-unify the race, which combined with the Triple Alliance bit also in the Fyreslayer tome I think reinforces that is eventually the plan.

Note also that the emphasis looks to me that however he "unites" the dwarfs it will be with what is basically a new faction, one that might be machine based, or a new type of dwarf, or one focused on Valaya. I just hope the new faction rolls in the Dispossessed remnants, but I have the same feeling about Wanderers, High Aelves, Dark Aelves, ect. I think next year we'll probably get at least one new order army based on a legacy range, so that should be instructive in terms of setting expectations.

If nothing else, It will be very interesting to see what hints we might get in the KO book next year.

• Like 3

Big big news yes yes! Comes new clans for the swarm!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1158180/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__The_Shadow__The_Blade/?fbclid=IwAR1NMOaZtxMihNfozBBwL5SdwN3-1RGaCn4QPTYsEoFI7Be0VDuUlgMQNOk

Darkelves and Skaven are getting a content update for TW Warhammer 2! Malus Darkblade leads Hag Graef - for the Dark Elves, and Deathmaster Snikch leads Clan Eshin for the Skaven.

Warpgrinders, mortars, eshin assassins! 

Scourgerunner chariots, bloodwrack medusa and blood alters!

Lots of great new toys for the Mortal realms to shudder in fear from!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, madmac said:

Going back to Duardin rumors for a bit, it's been months since I read the new Fyreslayer tome, so I went and dug up the passage about Grugni I was thinking about:

Rumors of Grugni's return spread throughout the duardin factions, from Fyreslayer lodges to the Kharadron's aerial domains, as well as the Dispossessed and Ironweld Arsenal garrisons in the free cities of the Mortal Realms. It is said that the patriarch of the duardin pantheon has returned from his self-imposed exile and founded a new stronghold hidden beneath the mountains of Chamon. There are those who whisper that, in solitude, the Forge God is crafting something wondrous that will reunify his scattered children. Reports differ on what this could be, from a new duardin bloodline to a great machine, or even a way to bring back the missing goddess of the hearth. Whether such claims are true or merely the result of too much strong liquor and hidden hopes remain unknown.

One thing here that is interesting in retrospect is that it does place the Dispossessed/Ironweld in Free Cities, which is in line with their inclusion in Cities of Sigmar months later. It also emphasizes that Grugni is looking for a way to re-unify the race, which combined with the Triple Alliance bit also in the Fyreslayer tome I think reinforces that is eventually the plan.

Note also that the emphasis looks to me that however he "unites" the dwarfs it will be with what is basically a new faction, one that might be machine based, or a new type of dwarf, or one focused on Valaya. I just hope the new faction rolls in the Dispossessed remnants, but I have the same feeling about Wanderers, High Aelves, Dark Aelves, ect. I think next year we'll probably get at least one new order army based on a legacy range, so that should be instructive in terms of setting expectations.

If nothing else, It will be very interesting to see what hints we might get in the KO book next year.

maybe they do the alliance similar to how they did Ynnari

3 hours ago, novakai said:

maybe they do the alliance similar to how they did Ynnari

A thought occurs. If most (if not all) the armies have times by the time of the next general's  handbook, they have the perfect space for meta-alliegences, like United dwarfs, new cities, or great waaaghs! (Like Stoneklaw's Gutstompas)

4 minutes ago, Realmhead said:

A thought occurs. If most (if not all) the armies have times by the time of the next general's  handbook, they have the perfect space for meta-alliegences, like United dwarfs, new cities, or great waaaghs! (Like Stoneklaw's Gutstompas)

Definitely! You could also mix and match some really unconventional ones in the style of the Merc companies. A free city with unusual demographics, a chaos tribe that has slaves of a different faction, undead worshiping freeguild fighting along side their ancestors. The key words system is massively flexible, and you can do so much stuff with it, that in some senses its a shame that its mostly been used to spin off new factions, or rebuild classic ones so far. The sky really is the limit of how you can mix and match the small sub factions.

13 hours ago, xking said:

I want more, we need man o war/dreadfleet/ battlefleet Gothic AoS Edition. With sea based ships and sky based ships. I love age of Sigmar.

I love Age of Sigmar too! 

9 hours ago, Overread said:

The Reapers were basically made a long time ago and hidden in the catacombs that Nagash hid under the cities that Sigmar and Nagash built in the Realm of Death back when they were allies. Nagash basically provided endless skeletal slaves to build the vast cities, but at the same time hide these huge under ground structures to hide his Ossiarchs in. 

However Nagash is kinda nuts so having built this bone-mechanical super loyal army he didn't have anyone to lead it. So a few units, like the Morghasts got used; but otherwise the bulk of the Ossiarchs remained dormant. 

When Katakross got released from his prison Nagash put him in charge of the Ossiarchs because Katakros is basically the ideal general for Nagash. Katakros doesn't want to rule, he wants to be a general leading armies and Nagash lets him do just that in a great campaign to cleanse the lands of the dead of the living and to eventually carry that vision to the lands of the living too.

Once Katakross is released the Reapers go into full force; rising up and marching forth. 

And just to add, the necroquake helped empower the dormant Ossiarch Bonedads

• LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Overread said:

Big big news yes yes! Comes new clans for the swarm!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1158180/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__The_Shadow__The_Blade/?fbclid=IwAR1NMOaZtxMihNfozBBwL5SdwN3-1RGaCn4QPTYsEoFI7Be0VDuUlgMQNOk

Darkelves and Skaven are getting a content update for TW Warhammer 2! Malus Darkblade leads Hag Graef - for the Dark Elves, and Deathmaster Snikch leads Clan Eshin for the Skaven.

Warpgrinders, mortars, eshin assassins! 

Scourgerunner chariots, bloodwrack medusa and blood alters!

Lots of great new toys for the Mortal realms to shudder in fear from!

What a mismatched pair. They should be sitcom roommates, not duking it out for control of the Great Vortex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Can we really be sure the Tomb kings didn't have them at some point?

To be fair the only “living” descendants of the Nehekarans  are the Vampires which all have pointy Ears... I know it’s from the transition but it’s something. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I wish we would get some official StD teasers right now but I guess until Monday (at best) we won't...

And this week-end is the 40k Open Day (so we'll see more of the new Sisters, some more teases for further down the line Psychic Awakening books, and maybe something unexpected....). 

COME, ARCHAON

We will get the usual coming next week article on Sunday, so we should see the new endless spells then and find out what the deal with the warcry boxes is.

• Like 1

Just now, Chikout said:

We will get the usual coming next week article on Sunday, so we should see the new endless spells then and find out what the deal with the warcry boxes is.

Like this Sunday, so soon ?

IIRC, the Preorder Preview for Necromunda was posted the 3rd November, for PreOrder the 9th, and release the 16th (it was in the leaked list), so it matches !

Thank you, made my day ❤️ 

• Like 1