The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

New Rumor Engine:

image.png.69a0d220654b1c0fcae5dfd6bb49eae4.png

Yeah...I got nothing on this one.  the one thing I'll note is that the tassels look like they match with the spear butt looking rumor engine from a while back, so it looks like a shared aesthetic, and because I can't see this one being 40k, I'm guessing they are both AoS.

image.png.ecab770e579b01545fa3ca5091acb128.png

I can't think of any existing units with this kind of aesthetic, so new race, maybe?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's either Hysh aelves because the casing of the tassel in the first rumour engine pic is similar to the less aquatic elements of the Idoneth or it's some kind of expansion for the Cypher Lords because I feel it sort of fits their asethtic. 

The Gem on the horns is a pretty good match for the gems Cypher Lords are covered with, so that's a good call out. The metalwork is a little differently shaped though, and their stuff is spikier.  Plus their aesthetic is Hyshian, so...

I'm going to guess either Tzeentch or Aelf.  It doesn't quite line up with anything we've seen, so it's hard to pin down.

I thought Slaanesh at first glance. It's got that ornate look to it. That said it could also be aelven. 

As for the "blunt tips" don't forget that, in reality, pointed bone can shatter and break so tipping the end of a bone/antler weapon isn't too daft. It's just like putting a shoe on a horse. In the wild its fine, but for prolonged combat it actually makes good logical sense. Plus never underestimate the power of a ball against armour and the resulting breaking of bones and crushing of it. 

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

As for the "blunt tips" don't forget that, in reality, pointed bone can shatter and break so tipping the end of a bone/antler weapon isn't too daft. It's just like putting a shoe on a horse. In the wild its fine, but for prolonged combat it actually makes good logical sense.

That is really interesting! Learning something every day i guess.

3 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Lots of people were already guessing  a Kurnothi faction was in the works prior to this rumour engine...

I'm thinking (and hoping) this is a return of Orion King in the Wood. 

Hell no, no more Sideburn Aelves, we have a whole Bad-Taste of style & clothing faction having mawhawks already 🤣

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Haha 1

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Both true yet IDK usually need to save their CP for turn 3.

Thats the point: Do you want to always spam buffed eels turn 3 or play something different? That is the downside to the turn 3 CP´s: You deny yourself ressources for this tactic. It could be argued that this is bad design by gw as the rule is too seductive to play something else, but it can´t be argued that Idoneth do have the same toolbox to access to work around battleshock like any other army.

3 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Thats the point: Do you want to always spam buffed eels turn 3 or play something different? That is the downside to the turn 3 CP´s: You deny yourself ressources for this tactic. It could be argued that this is bad design by gw as the rule is too seductive to play something else, but it can´t be argued that Idoneth do have the same toolbox to access to work around battleshock like any other army.

You can also buff up Namartii iirc =}
and you want always to save it for turn 3 to deal the maximum amount of damage ^^

Edited by JackStreicher